TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Memorial Fly Over

ceswert

I thought it would be fitting to honor Carroll Shelby with A fly over of some sort. I met a gentleman at the rally on Sat. who flies all kinds of aircraft. I apologize I don't remember your name. I bounced the idea off of Mike Hennessy who is overseeing the event. He liked the it and asked me to start searching for a solution. I thought I would start with you guys. Any thoughts?

I thought it would be fitting to honor Carroll Shelby with A fly over of some sort. I met a gentleman at the rally on Sat. who flies all kinds of aircraft. I apologize I don't remember your name. I bounced the idea off of Mike Hennessy who is overseeing the event. He liked the it and asked me to start searching for a solution. I thought I would start with you guys. Any thoughts?

A good friend of mine is the Chief of Public Affairs for the Missle & Space Command Center at Shriever AFB in CO. I can ask her what it takes to get a Military/USAF fly-over if you'd like.

"Blackout" Mike (2012 SS owner) would probably know too.

Phill

I have reached out to a couple people who do this kind of thing. They are checking into it. Can you PM me your contact info so I can direct them to the correct person and avoid the middleman.

Thanks,

Sean

I would have loved to be able to do it! When is it? They would have to submit a request. We will have jets out in socal next week, otherwise VFA-122 or any west coast squadrons in Lemoore might be able to do it.

Jack Roush owns and FLYS a P-51. He should be easy to contact.

Yeah, and he damn near died in it too.

There is a restored P-51 Mustang that is hangered at the King City airport a little south of Salinas CA.

I don't know how you could contact the owner but he might be willing.

Phill

First off, thanks so very much for all of your interest. I have been in touch with the President of an aircraft Museum here in the SF bay area. He tells me that all kinds of things are needed to pull this off. The FAA must get involved as well as the city and maybe even the county. Maybe someone could fly over the memorial as they are taking their approved flight path. If anybody has any thoughts please post. If this does not work out the memorial will still be a beautiful and wonderful event, one that I will never, ever forget.

Archived