TEAM SHELBY FORUM

anyone trading a '12 for a '13?

blk12svt

Wow, I like all the Shelbys old and new. Why rag on the older ones. I am getting a new one, but the whole reason for it was the Yellow 2008 GT500 I saw in a Whattaburger parking lot. I had an '07 Dodge Caliber in the Air Force, and I said that is a sweet ride, I wish I could afford to get something like that some day. I saved up, I got educated, got out of the Air Force got an amazing job and bought my 13, but I'll never forget that 2008. It was the sweetest sound. a few months later I saw a KR out on the road and it happened again,. Eventually the wishing became realty, and now I can have my Shelby, but continue to appreciate what sparked my passion. Also all the 07-12's are easy to upgrade to get to 2013 status on most things (Especially Power) so as advanced as it is, it doesn't leave the 07-12 that far behind considering. Everything Ford/Shelby combined on is Win in my opinion. Ultimately it's passion for sports cars!

. Everything Ford/Shelby combined on is Win in my opinion.

Perfect statement.

They've all united under the cobra; they are all kin. Why insult others, save that for ricers or whatever else you prefer.

Some people just don't get it! I guess that means a '69 GT500KR isn't a car worth owning. How can somebody be so out of touch blows me away.

It would be worth owning IF they ever made one !!! LOL.The guy who calls his 12 a POS needs to go buy a non Ford product. Why does he even post on this forum ? $20K to trade from a 12 to a 13 is just a stupid waste of money , The ford dealer loves these guys .

Sorry folks, meant a 1968, these old fingers and new iPad just don't seem to work all the time the way they should. Enjoy your Shelby, whatever the year. After all, it's a Shelby!

I bought my 12 in july 11 and did not hear anything about the significant upgrades coming in 2013. If I had known obviously i would have ordered a 13 ,but to take a 20k beating is not something I prefer to do. So I will drive my faimont or pinto whatever....and enjoy it.

Why do we keep talking about a $20k beating? Again, I bought my '12 last summer and just traded it against a 2013. The difference between what I paid and the trade value was $4k.........

Hell, I had another trade offer of $42k, which would have been only a $3k depreciation loss on my '12, but that dealer wanted $5k over sticker for the '13.

Thanks for the feedback. I thought if I might trade up for 5-7K I might do it but if it takes 20K no way.

Please understand, that was on a TRADE-IN. If I had sold it outright/privately, I wouldn't have taken that bad a hit. Still a hit, just not that bad of one.

I hate selling stuff, too much hassle for the gain. I mean, how many people out there have $40-$45K cash to buy a "used vehicle"? And by the time I sold it, the truck I wanted would'a been long gone.

Phill

• 2 weeks later...

Finally made it back in to the Ford dealer, who obviously hadn't given the trade proposition another thought since we spoke two weeks ago. After pondering the deal and staring at the ceiling for about a minute he told me it would take 7K to trade up to a 13. I treated his answer pretty cool and told him to take a closer look as that number wouldn't work. So we'll see what he comes back with. Basically I am interested in another black stripe delete SVT with Recaros and the difference should be the normal yearly price increase between the 12 and an identically equipped 13 plus whatever depreciation there is on a 2012 with 900 miles.

Maybe 7K isn't too bad but might as welll try for more. I might squeeze another 1K out of him but starting to have second thoughts anyway. No offense toward you new 13 owners, but it's 650HP and launch control that's my only motivation. I actually like the looks of a 12 better than a 13 and now have myself thinking about just waiting to see what 14 holds. Of course the drawback to that scenario is if the 14 is a carbon copy of a 13, like 11's and 12's are, then I'll be in a worse position this time next year with perhaps 2-3,000 miles on the 12 by then. I wish I knew if they were going to offer any new colors for 14 as it might be worth the wait and extra $ if say grabber orange might make a return. I have also heard rumors of a new Boss 429 coming too. Interesting time to be a Ford fanatic.

I have also heard rumors of a new Boss 429 coming too. Interesting time to be a Ford fanatic.

I was told the end of the Boss 302 is here (2013 is the last year). He said it was a two year run, just like the original one.

A Boss 429 would fit into the niche left by the demise of the 302...

Phill

I waited most of my life to get a Shelby. Love my 2012 and don't plan to trade it for anything. Don't have much to say for anyone who calls it a POS.

The guy's an idiot. He probably owns a V6 and is trying to compensate by putting down others. There's one on every forum.

I waited most of my life to get a Shelby. Love my 2012 and don't plan to trade it for anything. Don't have much to say for anyone who calls it a POS.

ISS,

+1...

Some people don't understand the difference between the honor of standing on someone else's shoulders versus running over others for a better view...

+1....they're all great cars....a lot of people only "dream" of owning a '12 Shelby, so enjoy!!!

The guy's an idiot. He probably owns a V6 and is trying to compensate by putting down others. There's one on every forum.

ISS,

+1...

Some people don't understand the difference between the honor of standing on someone else's shoulders versus running over others for a better view...

Gentlemen: All good points. We should all be happy with what we are lucky enough to have. Any Shelby is better than no Shelby. SVT NAJA: Well said. There are many people who could not give you are working definition of the word "honor." As evidenced by some posts, a few of them frequent this forum.

Totally agree...the '10 I have is very hard to part with but I am doing it anyway. BTW, IngotSilverSnake, the '13 I ordered is Ingot Silver w/black stripes...do you have some pics of your that I could take a look at?

Totally agree...the '10 I have is very hard to part with but I am doing it anyway. BTW, IngotSilverSnake, the '13 I ordered is Ingot Silver w/black stripes...do you have some pics of your that I could take a look at?

My car is a stripe delete. I would have preferred the stripes but this one was the only one left in my vicinity (Tampa Bay Region) and I could not pass up the discount (almost $7K below MSRP). I acutally traded a 2012 GT Premium for the Shelby and don't regret it for a minute. If you still want some photos I will get some together. I have to convert photos to low resolution to post.

Take a look in my gallery and you'll see a silver with black stripes

My car is a stripe delete. I would have preferred the stripes but this one was the only one left in my vicinity (Tampa Bay Region) and I could not pass up the discount (almost $7K below MSRP). I acutally traded a 2012 GT Premium for the Shelby and don't regret it for a minute. If you still want some photos I will get some together. I have to convert photos to low resolution to post.

blackonblack,

Here's my IS SD 11 at a recent CHS memorial in San Jose...

IMG_0963.jpg

Not only am I trading from '12 to '13, but I ALSO traded from '11 to '12. Cost me no more than a reasonable lease for a car of its caliber.

The only downside is the garage full of performance and suspension accessories that I've yet to fit because I traded forward twice.

Archived