TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wheels for a Red Shelby is difficult

aclass

Although I'm new to the Shelby nation, I've spent enough time on Mustang and Harley forums to realize that wheel topics are a lot like oil topics, so I apologize in advance. But I'm struggling to find a suitable wheel other than a super expensive chrome that looks good on the Red with White stripes.

What are you opinions and where can I go to see pictures?

Although I'm new to the Shelby nation, I've spent enough time on Mustang and Harley forums to realize that wheel topics are a lot like oil topics, so I apologize in advance. But I'm struggling to find a suitable wheel other than a super expensive chrome that looks good on the Red with White stripes.

What are you opinions and where can I go to see pictures?

I think you're fortunate to have a red car because both black (matte or gloss) and 'bright' wheels all go with red. Same with the stripes, white stripes or black stripes both go well on a red car.

I love my Alcoa Dura-bright (Shelby) wheels, both the 18" KR's on the car now and the 20" Super Snakes I have stored away for future use.

Phill

IMHO you can't go wrong with a simple 5 spoke approach. This is my Sterling Gray / Race Red 2011 with Vossen's. Inch wider all the way around and 20's front and back. Slightly larger tires (Nitto Invo's). Just have to watch out for brake caliper clearance on the rears if you have upgraded to Baer Extremes. These Vossen's also come in polished if you like the Bling !

R....

post-28874-0-92421500-1337757151_thumb.jpg

post-28874-0-92421500-1337757151_thumb.jpg

IMHO you can't go wrong with a simple 5 spoke approach. This is my Sterling Gray / Race Red 2011 with Vossen's. Inch wider all the way around and 20's front and back. Slightly larger tires (Nitto Invo's). Just have to watch out for brake caliper clearance on the rears if you have upgraded to Baer Extremes. These Vossen's also come in polished if you like the Bling !

R....

Those Vossens are my first choice but the after shock to the pocket book is making me keep looking. Your car look awesome by the way.

Archived