TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing 660 hp supercharger

Thinking of installing the Ford Racing supercharger on my 2010 GT500. Will this affect fuel mileage? (I know, only if I keep my foot put of it) has anybody installed it? The way I understand it the 5.4 lives well in this hp range as opposed to making the leap to the 750 hp range. Track it once a year, otherwise cruise in it.

I've read on other forums that the TVS that is factory installed on the '13s is now available for around $2300 including the elbow and it has a larger inlet and outlet for better airflow. This might be something of interest to you.

I do appreciate your reply. I am kind of a purist, having a 67 GT500, stock. I love the new stuff but if I can get more power and no less mileage and drivability on my 2010, why not? I do have a friend that just got his 2012 ZL1 so I have to defend the blue oval!

ive been tempted a few times to put in a TVS--1st i ask why, isnt 540 or 550 enough?/ Then i say, well you never have enough HP, then i say well what else will i need--new tires, new tune?, new HE, something to stop the wheel hop, will my extended 7 year warranty be voided--then i conclude Ill wait toll the new body comes out in 2015, then get a new toy--but I am tempted

ive been tempted a few times to put in a TVS--1st i ask why, isnt 540 or 550 enough?/ Then i say, well you never have enough HP, then i say well what else will i need--new tires, new tune?, new HE, something to stop the wheel hop, will my extended 7 year warranty be voided--then i conclude Ill wait toll the new body comes out in 2015, then get a new toy--but I am tempted

You sound EXACTLY like the voices in my head! HA! I'm totally on the fence as to what to do. I'm super curious about the 2015...hopefully the spy shots will come late this summer. Only thing that would kind of bum me out is if they don't offer "Grabber Blue" in 2015. I love that color...then I might keep mine or find a '13 or '14.

I've read on other forums that the TVS that is factory installed on the '13s is now available for around $2300 including the elbow and it has a larger inlet and outlet for better airflow. This might be something of interest to you.

Is this price for real ? Even if it were the Supercharger alone for that price , i would place the order now .

Is this price for real ? Even if it were the Suoercharger alone for that price , i would place the order now .

That's the supercharger alone. You need a resonator delete tube, a tune and a tuner to complete the install.

Ford Racing sells the complete kit for $3,995, Tousley Ford sells the FRPP kit for Cost + 10% (or Cost + $200, whichever is less) and you get a tune that doesn't have the MAF curve skewed like SCT Tunes and Tuners give you.

http://fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=11288

Phill

I must be missing something. Even for the supercharger alone, Ford Racing sells for over $3,600.

http://fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=10846

I understand that some vendors sell for less, but I have never seen $2,300. Can someone post where a new TVS can be had for this price?

I must be missing something. Even for the supercharger alone, Ford Racing sells for over $3,600.

http://fordracingpar...tKeyField=10846

I understand that some vendors sell for less, but I have never seen $2,300. Can someone post where a new TVS can be had for this price?

I think it's the VMP modified SC that they're referencing. I'm too lazy to check his site.

Phill

The VMP TVS kit list for 3499.-

Just the supercharger alone or is that the whole kit?

Phill

That's the supercharger alone. You need a resonator delete tube, a tune and a tuner to complete the install.

Ford Racing sells the complete kit for $3,995, Tousley Ford sells the FRPP kit for Cost + 10% (or Cost + $200, whichever is less) and you get a tune that doesn't have the MAF curve skewed like SCT Tunes and Tuners give you.

http://fordracingpar...tKeyField=11288

Phill

I have all the parts , if anyone knows of this SC going for this price $2300 , please post the link .

It's the SC with the matched inlet elbow

vmpgt500tvs.jpg

If you want the complete kit it's 3'999.-

VMP 07-12 Shelby GT500 2.3L TVS SC 750HP Complete Kit with X3:

• Inclues 2.5" pulley & high flow inlet elbow
  • Includes custom SCT X3 tuner with up to 3 tunes (91, 92, 93, Torco, or race fuel)
  • Includes 90mm idler pulley
  • Includes one step colder Motorcraft platinum plugs (must gap at .035")
  • Optional CAI for 07-09
  • Optional filter for 10-12
  • Optional resonator delete for 10-12
  • 620-675RWHP out of the box with cal (depending on TB and exhaust)
  • Uses high quality & high efficiency Eaton 2.3L TVS rotorpack
    Eaton is the OEM supercharger supplier for the GT500, Cobra, Lightning, ZR1, & CTS-V.
  • 2.5" pulley for 16-17psi with stock lower
  • CNC port matched high flow inlet elbow ready to accept up to a 72MM TB
  • 1 year warranty

(If you want to upgrade the 11-12 CAI / it's an extra cost option but you do not have to upgrade it...)

Example: Airaid filter for SVT CAI + FRPP resonator delete = $134.-

Thinking of installing the Ford Racing supercharger on my 2010 GT500. Will this affect fuel mileage? (I know, only if I keep my foot put of it) has anybody installed it? The way I understand it the 5.4 lives well in this hp range as opposed to making the leap to the 750 hp range. Track it once a year, otherwise cruise in it.

To answer your questions fuel mileage does not suffer if you drive the same (hard to do). I average 16 combined..about the same as stock. TVS powerband is for real world driving. The best thing about a TVS is the torque comes on low and hard. Torque curve is almost flat from low revs on up.

It'll be interesting when someone puts the '13 TVS on a '10-'12 car to see how it works and if there's any issues. The only thing that a bit troubling to me is that you would have to get a tune from elsewhere than Ford.

It'll be interesting when someone puts the '13 TVS on a '10-'12 car to see how it works and if there's any issues. The only thing that a bit troubling to me is that you would have to get a tune from elsewhere than Ford.

Roush, the inventor of the TVS if I remember correctly.

TASCA Ford.

Shoot...who was that other one?

Hmm, if I think of it I'll post it.

Phill

• 1 month later...

Archived