TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood vents installation?

I recently ordered a 2010 Super Snake hood and associated extras for it. I received the hood vents (http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/7s3z-16c630-ss.htm) today and was curious as to how they're attached. I thought I read before that they were just stuck on using double sided tape. They came today with no instructions. No tape provided but there was a little baggy attached that includes 8 little nuts and washers but no bolts. Do the hoods come with bolts already attached on the underside of the hood and we just attach the vents to those with the provided nuts?

After looking at mine in detail, it is indeed attached with some type of 3M double sided tape which came from SAI that way (I have an '11). I had originally thought they were riveted to the hood but that is not the case. Sorry I would post pictures but I left the camera at my sister's house if you need I can try taking some and post later for reference.

After looking at mine in detail, it is indeed attached with some type of 3M double sided tape which came from SAI that way (I have an '11). I had originally thought they were riveted to the hood but that is not the case. Sorry I would post pictures but I left the camera at my sister's house if you need I can try taking some and post later for reference.

Thanks. Thats all I needed to know. I wonder if these were made to initally be bolted on since the part of the vents that touch the hood has the holes in them for 4 bolts each and Shelby supplied me with the 8 nuts/washers.

Archived