TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Oh no!

Just came across this article (kinda old,but still...):

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2012/5/8/Latest-2015-Mustang-Rendering-is-Considered-Fairly-Close-7708743/

I know this is SuperSnake section,but since I couldn't determine which section should be appropriate,I'd apologize to the mods and request them to move it without hesitation,if they consider it appropriate.

Well,my personal thoughts on the article is: If thats the future of a 'stang...well,I'll be darned.I'll better stick to the 2007-2013/14 era and for me,this would be the end of road for mustangs.Seeing from the pics,you can easily tell they've given a major facelift...er...no....a completely reworked front and rear to the car.But IMO,I ain't impressed with it.So,if its true...R.I.P. Mustangs (1964/65-2013/14).

Just came across this article (kinda old,but still...):

http://www.carbuzz.c...-Close-7708743/

I know this is SuperSnake section,but since I couldn't determine which section should be appropriate,I'd apologize to the mods and request them to move it without hesitation,if they consider it appropriate.

Well,my personal thoughts on the article is: If thats the future of a 'stang...well,I'll be darned.I'll better stick to the 2007-2013/14 era and for me,this would be the end of road for mustangs.Seeing from the pics,you can easily tell they've given a major facelift...er...no....a completely reworked front and rear to the car.But IMO,I ain't impressed with it.So,if its true...R.I.P. Mustangs (1964/65-2013/14).

It will be coming up on a Mustang anniversary, if it happens as it has in the past, the body will change, and that will probably be it (or very close).

R

Thanks for the link,Slabo.I'll be joining the discussion there.And thanks everyone for the reply.But,my personal thoughts are just like that.For me,the real 'stangs were just what they used to be in the late 70s and what they're now.I'm not liking how they're representing the future of mustangs.I mean,its losing its muscular looks! And thats a major concern for us stangfreaks.Well personally,I for one would be very happy if Shelby decides against this model.Its technically killing the looks of a Ford Mustang and I'm strictly against it.

I sincerely hope that this picture is inaccurate, you have '13 headlights off of a fusion on a mustang here and it doesn't look like a muscle car at all. Also, why would they go back to the old style looking diffuser for the rear? It's like taking a step backward in the design. Of course they have to reduce the weight and put IRS on it, but if the outer design isn't desirable I don't care what kind of technology it has....I'm not touching it. Ford needs to get this right, and there's still plenty of time to turn it around if this is indeed the direction they are heading. Just my two cents.

I sincerely hope that this picture is inaccurate, you have '13 headlights off of a fusion on a mustang here and it doesn't look like a muscle car at all.

The Mustang was never intended nor designed to be a Muscle Car. It's a commuter car that evolved to include a Muscle Car *option*.

There are *far* more economy Mustangs ever built and still built than Hi-po Mustangs.

Phill

I sincerely hope that this picture is inaccurate, you have '13 headlights off of a fusion on a mustang here and it doesn't look like a muscle car at all. Also, why would they go back to the old style looking diffuser for the rear? It's like taking a step backward in the design. Of course they have to reduce the weight and put IRS on it, but if the outer design isn't desirable I don't care what kind of technology it has....I'm not touching it. Ford needs to get this right, and there's still plenty of time to turn it around if this is indeed the direction they are heading. Just my two cents.

Couldn't agree more.

The Mustang was never intended nor designed to be a Muscle Car. It's a commuter car that evolved to include a Muscle Car *option*.

There are *far* more economy Mustangs ever built and still built than Hi-po Mustangs.

Phill

The question here is not what Mustangs "used to be",but what are they now,and what're they becoming (thanks to our *brilliant* Ford SVT).Thats why,the main theme of the topic is '15 Ford Mustang,not the '68 or '00 one.

Archived