TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 gt500 11.8's video blurry?

Well that is the point I posted it because magazine drivers are quite average is the point. Also it sounded like it bogged off the line. So Since this is the first video, im not complaining the first videos of the ZL1 were horrific 1/4 mile times... so im not complaining.

A Terminator with a pulley will run nose to nose with that car and cost you about $45,000.00 less. Really hope these cars can do far better than that in the hands of a good pilot.

Also if someone wanted a terminator someone could have around 3 for the price of 1 2013 gt500.... So I feel as if its not all about going fast but having a warranty also just my 2 cents. Anyways not too shabby in my opinion.

A Terminator with a pulley will run nose to nose with that car and cost you about $45,000.00 less. Really hope these cars can do far better than that in the hands of a good pilot.

So what? So will a fox body for less than $10k total. A terminator is a pile of crap compared to a GT500. A GT500 is faster than some $300k Ferraris. Do you think the Ferrari owners care?

Hey, I just heard that Evan Smith is driving the car and someone shouted, "11.3s", or something like that. So, the car is really capable with the right pilot. If a mag journalist can get high 11s with the car on street tires, then you know the car has much more potential in good hands.

Hey, I just heard that Evan Smith is driving the car and someone shouted, "11.3s", or something like that. So, the car is really capable with the right pilot. If a mag journalist can get high 11s with the car on street tires, then you know the car has much more potential in good hands.

Evan Smith could get my 38" cut Sears Riding Lawnmore into the 13's without too much trouble. That man can drive!!! :salute:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2013-shelby-gt500-413/850528-2012-gt500s-testing-road-atlanta-commerce-14.html

check that for video and pics. we also two members on site watching the runs...here are the cliff notes

most cars were using launch control the whole time, being driven by media and few runs by the man himself evan smith

the cars were bone stock down to tire and actually had roll cages in them, which added weight

the cars were being hot lapped, more than 30 runs and consistently running 11.8 @ 121-123

once again on stock tires! DA was 2K, 60ft times were all 2.0

cars were just getting into third gear as they reached the end

quite frankly without any heat soak, good cool conditions and a good 60ft time these cars can run 11.5 @ 125 on stock tires

A Guy that always thinks cheap is good.. As Chris posted SO WHAT!

That day Evan Smith ran 11.81 @124.8 mph with 2.0+ 60ft in a very hot day in less than perfect conditions . This after the car had been hot-lapped with over 34 passes plus burn-outs on it back to back all day. That MPH is incredible for a showroom stock car on stock rubber in these conditions.

This shows not only how fast this car really is but also how good the improved cooling system is in the 2013 GT500 over it's predecessors.

To compare this car to a Terminator with a pulley is laughable in every respect.

That day Evan Smith ran 11.81 @124.8 mph with 2.0+ 60ft in a very hot day in less than perfect conditions . This after the car had been hot-lapped with over 34 passes plus burn-outs on it back to back all day. That MPH is incredible for a showroom stock car on stock rubber in these conditions.

This shows not only how fast this car really is but also how good the improved cooling system is in the 2013 GT500 over it's predecessors.

To compare this car to a Terminator with a pulley is laughable in every respect.

Can I get an AMEN!

Oh, and a 124.8 mph trap speed could put these cars close 10s with slicks and a good 60'........

124.8 trap puts it in line with a pullied 11/12, big deal. This car needs to post MPH in the 128 range to justify its cost. It is very easy to forget that we are talking about a car that begins life as a rent a car unit in the 20 thousand dollar range and is jacked to 60 large or more with GT500 trim level.

Let me guess.....speedy owns an 11 or 12 GT500!!!! There is a lot of car there for the overall 5k increase. Sounds like possible buyers remorse to me.

Sorry, you guessed wrong. Had an '08, will soon be looking for an 11/12. The '13s do have a very nice package of upgrades for the additional 5 grand asking price. Hope you enjoy the '13 that you have on order.

motor trend pulled a 11.6 @126....high res videos are now available

126 is very respectalble. MPH is what you want to look at here. ET is far to dependent on the 60 ft.split.

A 126 MPH trap at this point will likely be bettered by 2 or 3 MPH as more stock stats are recorded. A car with a 128/129 trap is capable of awesome, scary, street performance.

I've always told people, "I can buy a dishwasher, and for $10,000 build it to kick your cars ass. But, in the end, I am driving a fast DISHWASHER.".

Forever, I was the guy who loved to buy old cheap cars and blow away the expensive stuff. There is STILL something awesome about that! BUT.....I also appreciate the design in a Ferrari. I appreciate the overall performance package of my Viper. The Z06 has a magic all ITS own. Go drive these different cars, and you will find things that surprise you, both good and bad. So, what I'm saying is, the 2013 GT500 is not just a different blower. Ford has worked its ass off to go over every inch of the car and has made an insane number of changes. Is it worth the extra money it will cost over a used 2011 or 2012? Don't know. I havn't driven them yet.

I've always told people, "I can buy a dishwasher, and for $10,000 build it to kick your cars ass. But, in the end, I am driving a fast DISHWASHER.".

Forever, I was the guy who loved to buy old cheap cars and blow away the expensive stuff. There is STILL something awesome about that! BUT.....I also appreciate the design in a Ferrari. I appreciate the overall performance package of my Viper. The Z06 has a magic all ITS own. Go drive these different cars, and you will find things that surprise you, both good and bad. So, what I'm saying is, the 2013 GT500 is not just a different blower. Ford has worked its ass off to go over every inch of the car and has made an insane number of changes. Is it worth the extra money it will cost over a used 2011 or 2012? Don't know. I havn't driven them yet.

Hopefully they were able to address the transmission grind on a hard 1-2 shift.

Archived