TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone else make MSgt??

My line number is 3999 out of 5400. I don't think I will sew on till after the first of the year. Thanks for the congrats guys!!!! It means a lot to get to this point for me.

Huge Congratulations on becoming a SNCO. That was the biggest pay jump I ever got when I made E-7. I’ve got another young bud in my car club who made MSgt and should sew it on during his latest sandbox deployment. He’s driving a very nicely modded ’06 Mustang GT now and I told him maybe he can afford a new Shelby when he gets back (LOL).

Welcome to the top 18% of the A.F. enlisted force. :salute:

Congrats 1212, your service to this country is very much appreciated. My daughter is in the USAF and has been for 6 years and loves it. Take care and be safe. It's a violent world we live in but safer with service personnel like yourself.

My Grandfather retired from the Air Force as a MSgt. He loves telling stories of how young Commissioned Officers would look puzzled when the enlisted would suddenly become very busy when he entered the room.

Congratulations! BIG Achievement!

A big thanks to everyone that has posted. I still can't believe I made it, I didn't get to put a lot of time into studying because I started a new job in Aug of 2011 as an Air Force recruiter. Training in this job is slim to none so the learning curve is very steep. It took me about 5 months to get it down. Now I just have to wait and stay out of trouble for a while. Lol.

Line Number beats Passover any day. You should really enjoy your new position - there are a lot of young men and women that need respect and direction in their lives. Barb and I found that the Air Force can, and does, supply that and more to young folks. That is not to mean that the Marines, Army, Navy & Coast Guard don't, but it's your job to get to sign them up 1st. :happy feet:

Congratulations on making Master! Being a recruiter in this economy should be a sweet deal, best of luck.

The hard part in this economy is getting people that are qualified. Plenty knocking on the door. When it is like this the AF ups the bar!!! I can't complain now that I know the job. Just a hard road to get to this point. Thanks again.

Line Number beats Passover any day. You should really enjoy your new position - there are a lot of young men and women that need respect and direction in their lives. Barb and I found that the Air Force can, and does, supply that and more to young folks. That is not to mean that the Marines, Army, Navy & Coast Guard don't, but it's your job to get to sign them up 1st. :happy feet:

Very true about line number beating Passover.

Congratulations , My wife and son-in-law served in the Air Force. :salute:

I retired as an E-9, now its your turn to look out for the junior Enlisted.

That is my plan! Hopefuly I will make it to CMSgt some day but in the mean time I will continue to be a firm but fair leader. I was also a Military Training Instructor (drill instructor) for 5 years of my career, so I hope to have my ducks in a row for my next two ranks.

Congrats, enjoy.

Hope I did not make MSG with you.... it would me I got court marshaled, demoted and generally was a bad boy....:lol.

Dont sweat the monthly wait, checking the list numbers every month is a painful waiting game....just dont let it get to you....

Congrats, enjoy.

Hope I did not make MSG with you.... it would me I got court marshaled, demoted and generally was a bad boy....:lol.

Dont sweat the monthly wait, checking the list numbers every month is a painful waiting game....just dont let it get to you....

I'm glad you didn't make it with me either. I would much rather the waiting game then haveing to test again next year.

X's 2. Same here, just now retiring as an A.F. CMSgt (E-9), my son just got commissioned as a 2Lt (prior SSgt) and his wife is a SSgt. Take care of the folks behind and with you. They are the ones that will push you to the top. Congratulations.

Congrats! I have a friend at vanderberg, Whats your AFSC. He's in Vehicle Ops. great accomplishment in your career.

I'm a little different. I live on vandenberg afb but work in Santa Maria. I'm an Air Force recruiter right now, normally an aircraft mechanic. Thanks for the congrats. Is your friend a car guy as well?

Archived