TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Calling All Cars in Suburban Chicago

gtup1

Ladies and Gentlemen in Chicagoland we have an opportunity to pay tribute to the late Carroll Shelby. The city of Aurora, IL is planning their Memorial Day parade and would like to allow our Group to give tribute.

Several weeks ago I was asked to drive my Shelby GT in the parade by one of the organizers. Today as we were discussing details I mentioned to the organizer the passing of our beloved Carroll Shelby. Her response was an immediate this could be an opportunity for your Team Shelby to pay tribute on Memorial Day in the parade. We are being offered slots for up too eight to nine cars to drive in the parade. The parade route has two announcer or commentator stands along the route. As the group passes they will read a statement of Mr. Shelby's contribution to the automotive world as well as his founding and operation of the Shelby Foundation.

Who is interested? I know this is somewhat late but what a way to show this community the vehicles Carroll designed and produced for his followers. As we all know some people are not that familiar with our cars. I see this as a way of exciting some young girl or boy the same way I was.

I saw my first 68 Shelby when I was 10 years old and I could never get it out of my mind. Here I am with Grandchildren and still in love with Carroll Shelby's creation. It took me 40 years from my first glimpse of a Shelby to own one and this may be the same for someone else.

Do I have any volunteers? I need to know by tomorrow for us to be able to pull this off. I have to turn in the paperwork my Monday morning.

If your out there and reading this, it would be really awesome to have a 66, 67 or 68 to lead the pack. If someone has a Ford Gt and naturally a late model KR and any GT 500's and Hertz Gt let me know.

Please PM me here at Team Shelby or call me directly at 630-329-5563

Thanks

That is really cool.I do not think you will have any problems filling those spots.I would if I could,but I live in So Cal.Make sure you guys rev your engines as you pass by so you can get those kids to really want one when they grow up.

That is really cool.I do not think you will have any problems filling those spots.I would if I could,but I live in So Cal.Make sure you guys rev your engines as you pass by so you can get those kids to really want one when they grow up.

I'm really hoping we can video and post on Team Shelby afterwards.

I would love to join, unfortunately I have a planned trip to Tennessee over memorial day weekend. You don't mention a date on your post but I am guessing sometime before or on the 28th which I wont be back for. Please get some pictures as I will love to see that

Is it on Monday Memorial day? or another day that weekend?

Monday 5/28/12 Memorial Day, parade starts at 11:15. I believe the parade will be done by around 12:30 and everyone can either go their own way and enjoy the rest of their day or I am considering a back to my house for burgers, dogs and maybe a brew.

This is a very special way to pay omage to Carroll. I am planning to attend. Bill I hope you can make it.

This is posted on the Great Lakes Refion also. Come on Northern Illinois and the Chicago area we can do this!

Archived