TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Shelby Registry?

Will the day ever come when we can all see the Registry?

ROTFLMAO! Yeah, RIGHT!

lol,

Phill

ROTFLMAO! Yeah, RIGHT!

lol,

Phill

Sorry, but I feel compelled to ask at least once a year!!!

Will the day ever come when we can all see the Registry?

That is still the goal and it is an obtainable goal that we have not lost sight of :)

Do all of us here at Shelby wish the Registry was a little further along, of course we do, but we have set the goals high for the Registry and surely would not want to release anything less than the best.

Although difficult to see from the outside looking in, the Registry is moving forward. We are getting there, it just takes time.

Steve

Would be awesome to see it published at some point, even if it covered just a few years at a time (esp. including my year :hysterical2: )

This may be a retarded question but I am new to this car. What is the registry?

Only a few really know that answer! :hysterical2:

I imagine it as a database of all Shelby's ever produced, who owned / owns them, where they might be, what happened to them, etc., i.e., a history of each Shelby from start to finish.

I also imagine that it exists on a computer or server somewhere - hopefully backup-up!

That is still the goal and it is an obtainable goal that we have not lost sight of :)

Do all of us here at Shelby wish the Registry was a little further along, of course we do, but we have set the goals high for the Registry and surely would not want to release anything less than the best.

Although difficult to see from the outside looking in, the Registry is moving forward. We are getting there, it just takes time.

Steve

OK - How can I pitch in to help get this done?

• 2 years later...

Just purchased a 2009 GT500 and wanted to know if the registry will provide info on specific cars?? I would like to know what the previous owner did to the car.

The short answer is NO. The only thing the Shelby Registry offers is the "privilege" of purchasing a "Vehicle Authenticity Certificate" for the low price of $30.

Steve

I agree, the registry is a monumental undertaking. It takes allot of time, hard work, and patience.

QSS

The short answer is NO. The only thing the Shelby Registry offers is the "privilege" of purchasing a "Vehicle Authenticity Certificate" for the low price of $30.

Well I'm confident the thousands of folks who have used this "FREE service" to verify a potential Shelby purchase would disagree. What about the hundreds of insurance claims the Shelby Registry has assisted with? How about the dozens of widows or families that the Registry has assisted with in finding a new owner for their recently passed family members prized possession? I'm also sure that Customs, various LEO's along with the IRS would not agree with your assessment. Same with the hundreds of owners who have used the Registry to assist them in importing a Shelby into their Country. What about the hundreds of owners who have received assistance from the Registry with selling their car thru a large auction house? What about magazine and book authors? Same with video, movie & TV producers, yes the Shelby American Registry has been quite a resource to them.

The above are just a few examples of how the Shelby American Registry assists folks in various ways and with the "Privilege" of not paying a single penny for this customer service provided by Shelby American as a courtesy.

Steve

Well I'm confident the thousands of folks who have used this "FREE service" to verify a potential Shelby purchase would disagree. What about the hundreds of insurance claims the Shelby Registry has assisted with? How about the dozens of widows or families that the Registry has assisted with in finding a new owner for their recently passed family members prized possession? I'm also sure that Customs, various LEO's along with the IRS would not agree with your assessment. Same with the hundreds of owners who have used the Registry to assist them in importing a Shelby into their Country. What about the hundreds of owners who have received assistance from the Registry with selling their car thru a large auction house? What about magazine and book authors? Same with video, movie & TV producers, yes the Shelby American Registry has been quite a resource to them.

The above are just a few examples of how the Shelby American Registry assists folks in various ways and with the "Privilege" of not paying a single penny for this customer service provided by Shelby American as a courtesy.

Steve

Will SAI ever print a book with all the info similar to SAAC`s registry? This would be a pay back to all the work that has gone into the record keeping which is a huge undertaking.. Keep up the great work I`am sure there are alot that appreciate the work that has been done so far..

Interesting. I appreciate the education, but I don't see how most of that will benefit most of us. I'm not a Customs Agent, LEO, IRS Agent, author, or video/TV/movie producer; my Shelby (like most others) is already in the country and I have no intention of selling it (through a large auction house or otherwise). I'll keep the service in mind if I ever have an insurance claim, and let my wife know SA will be there to help her sell my car when I die.

Since I see no way to access these free services or "keep records of... changes to my car through the years" via http://registry.teamshelby.com/, can you explain exactly how to do so?

Will SAI ever print a book with all the info similar to SAAC`s registry? This would be a pay back to all the work that has gone into the record keeping which is a huge undertaking.. Keep up the great work I`am sure there are alot that appreciate the work that has been done so far..

In all reality the answer would be probably not for a printed book. And the reason for that comes down to two major concerns, cost and being quickly outdated. Lets look at the cost. Currently SAAC does a printed Registry for the vintage Shelby's. The cost for these SAAC Registry books are about $700 which cover approximately 5,000 cars. Now lets look at the current Shelby's with over 50,000 cars being built so far. That's ten times the number, compared to vintage cars, so can we really expect owners/enthusiasts would be willing to spend $7,000 for a printed Registry for the current cars? The odds are no.

Then comes the outdated part. SAAC is dealing with a known quantity of cars that have been out of production for over 40+ years where we are dealing with cars that are still being built daily and will continue to be built for the foreseeable future. So while SAAC can print a book on known build numbers, a book printed by SAI would be outdated before it came off the printing press. Books are meant to document history so its not the wisest move to print a book when history is still being made. But this is really a moot point as the first reason of cost comes back into play. Would owners/enthusiasts really want to pay TWICE for a Registry book? One incomplete book printed now and then another book printed when no more Shelby's are being built? Again the odds are no, they would not be receptive to that.

So this is where an online Registry makes the most sense. By continuing with our plans for an online Registry owners will be able 24/7 to view, update and print out their Registry entry. Compare this to the SAAC Registry where an owner may have to wait 10 years for an updated Registry book to be re-printed with more current owner info.

Now the next question is obviously well Steve where is this online SAI Registry? As many of you know we do not have the Registry currently online. While I'm not at liberty to go into all the details on why it is not online yet I can say the biggest reason is due to privacy concerns as we can't just let anyone start poking around to see who owns what, where they live and what changes they've made to their car. What this means is that until we finish up having custom software designed, that will address these issues among others, everyone other than a few SAI employees will be prevented from viewing the Registry database. Times have changed and in these litigious times SAI can not risk taking privacy concerns lightly. Let me also add that I can't tell you how many owners have told me that they have not Registered their car with us because they fear we will print a registry book (or publish an online Registry) with their info in it.

The Shelby American Registry is not going to be able to please everyone all of the time, in fact there will always be a few that no matter what we do, they will find something negative to say but our goal is to please as many owners/enthusiasts as possible and we are on track to do just that. Does SAI wish we were further along? Of course we do but as I mentioned in an earlier post, the SAI Registry is a free service performed as a courtesy to all the owners & enthusiasts out there, this is something that SAI should be complimented for providing.

Steve

Interesting. I appreciate the education, but I don't see how most of that will benefit most of us. I'm not a Customs Agent, LEO, IRS Agent, author, or video/TV/movie producer; my Shelby (like most others) is already in the country and I have no intention of selling it (through a large auction house or otherwise). I'll keep the service in mind if I ever have an insurance claim, and let my wife know SA will be there to help her sell my car when I die.

Since I see no way to access these free services or "keep records of... changes to my car through the years" via http://registry.teamshelby.com/, can you explain exactly how to do so?

While you may not find the Registry useful for your needs today perhaps things will change tomorrow. Who knows perhaps you'll be looking at a used Shelby one day and would like to validate the cars authenticity or past ownership. If so just get in touch and we'll do our best to assist.

Steve

Archived