TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Member to the Shelby family need help

Chance.316

Just picked up a 07 Shelby GT today and am ready to bring her back to spec. The car sat for about 2 years and recently was brought back to life. However when she was getting worked on some minions came and took the Shelby lettering off the back of the car and also took the dash authentication plate. I've been looking and I've found the lettering but can't seem to find authentication plate for SGTs. Would it be possible to get that plate replaced if I called Vegas? Also do you think I'd be able to find a template of the SHELBY on the trunk without purchasing the one they have? I'd hate to have to purchase something and use it only once. Last, I'd like to upgrade the audio system. Does anyone have any information on the type of amps they use as well as speaker options?

Thanks All

You should be able to get the lettering from your Ford dealer.

You may be able to get a replacement plaque but I think you'll have to show proof of a police report to report it stolen. Call the Shelby office or maybe someone can give a contact here.

Just picked up a 07 Shelby GT today and am ready to bring her back to spec. The car sat for about 2 years and recently was brought back to life. However when she was getting worked on some minions came and took the Shelby lettering off the back of the car and also took the dash authentication plate. I've been looking and I've found the lettering but can't seem to find authentication plate for SGTs. Would it be possible to get that plate replaced if I called Vegas? Also do you think I'd be able to find a template of the SHELBY on the trunk without purchasing the one they have? I'd hate to have to purchase something and use it only once. Last, I'd like to upgrade the audio system. Does anyone have any information on the type of amps they use as well as speaker options?

Thanks All

Congrats on your new Shelby. You will love it! Make sure the car has been registered in the registry too. I would suggest you call Shelby about the plate. That would be the most direct way to get an answer on that. If you can find someone local to you, you could measure and make your own template....or catch someone at a show and ask permission to measure, etc. As far as audio goes, I went w/ the Kicker system thru Champion and can't be happier. Very straight forward install and the sound is amazing. JD at Champion is great to work with too! Post up some pics of your new ride as we never get tired of seeing the cars. Oh, and welcome to TS....great group of people on here! Craig

Does your SGT still have the underhood plate (riveted in place near the headlight)? If you post your SGT number here, maybe the Shelby Registrar (who's name I do not know) can provide some info about the car for you.

Thanks for all the advice, and special thanks to 0128; you rock.

Looks like we have the trunk lettering taken care of. Next step, dash plate. And of course I already ordered some new toys for her yesterday too. I just can't help myself :yahoo:

post-37309-0-71573900-1337280580_thumb.jpg

post-37309-0-71573900-1337280580_thumb.jpg

Looks like we have the trunk lettering taken care of. Next step, dash plate. And of course I already ordered some new toys for her yesterday too. I just can't help myself :yahoo:

Ah no. 1700! I think you might be the closest I've seen yet to my 1917.

Chance316,

Please send me an email regarding your dash plaque. Normally SAI does not issue replacement dash plaques but exceptions are made depending on the situation. My email address is in my signature line.

Steve

Chance316,

Please send me an email regarding your dash plaque. Normally SAI does not issue replacement dash plaques but exceptions are made depending on the situation. My email address is in my signature line.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I'll email you shortly.

Ah no. 1700! I think you might be the closest I've seen yet to my 1917.

Hahaha You guys crack me up. Does that make me older and wiser?

Hahaha You guys crack me up. Does that make me older and wiser?

Well, we can't make you older, but maybe we can help make you Shelby-wiser :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

OK I ordered the trunk lettering and the Kicker subs, just waiting on delivery now. Can't decide if I want to stick with the shaker system or go with a touchscreen nav upgrade tho; I'm still working on the authentication plate, but that'll come eventually I hope. Thanks everyone for the advice and help. BTW if anyone has a front license plate bracket laying around please let me know. Can't find one at the local places and forgot to order one when I put my other order in.

And yes she is a blast! Gotta start saving up for more upgrades :D

Archived