TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Vultures are starting to show on E-bay

Nitro

I know everyone has the right to sell anything they own, but seeing the number of signed items suddenly showing up on e-bay is disgraceful in my opinion. Very sad to see this so soon. There is more to life than making a profit. A little respect can go a long way.

It would be great to see Team Shelby Members pledge a nice percent to the Shelby Childrens Foundation if they make any money from signed items.

It is the right thing to do.

Not just now, but all the time.

I have 2 autographed items in my possession, my SGT and another item. I never bought them as an investment and have no interest in selling them, ever. I was offered 15K over what I paid for my SGT at a cruise night by a well dressed older couple who came to my car and left 4 times before making the offer and showing me the check. The questions they asked me told me they had no idea what they were looking at. I was shocked and upset that somebody who obviously wasn't a car person or Shelby fan offered me. Is there no respect left out there? :rant:

I am a Foundation Director of a small midwestern hospital. I think the idea of contributint to the Shelby Foundation is awesome and something Mr. Shelby held dear to his heart. There could be no better gift or memorial and that is something that carries on for the good of others!

Ya knew this was comming..................................no surprise to me.............................I'm not selling my signed stuff.

I would never expect the collector whores to send any donations of their sales to the Foundation. Remember back in the early 1990s when the market was becoming flooded with imitation Cobra kits and Shelby asked them for a donation for each unit sold. Some did. But most ignored The Legend. So he decided to build his own Continuation Series and other Series Cobras and bring back Shelby American, Inc. so buyers could get a reproduction from his factory and he could support the Foundation in that manner.

None of my signed stuff will be for sale while I still breathe. I had this conversation with some friends not 48 hours ago and they were all of the same opinion. I tried to even pick out my 'favorite' and almost narrowed it down to three, and then realized each piece held a special place in my mind and heart. Not just priceless... way...way...beyind that.

I just came back from a little show & shine. A lot of folks were talking and paying respect to Mr Shelby around my car. One man looked to me and said "I guess your car just went up in value". I was shocked but simply replied that it was not purchased as an investment. and left it at that. Inside I was angered at the disrespect for Mr Shelby's passing.

Archived