TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cruise to Summit Point Thursday AM

blondiepa

Cruise to Summit Point Raceway

THURSDAY MAY 31, 2012

Cruise North going South will be meeting at the Target Shopping Center in Carlisle (about 2 hours from Summit Point)

Cruise South going North will be meeting at Shoney's in Staunton, VA (about 2 hours from Summit Point)

Both Cruises will leave at 9:00 AM prompt and will arrive at Summit Point Raceway at 11:00 (NOTE TIME CHANGE!!).

More information and directions will be in your survival guide.

Hope to see you on the ride...if you can keep up... :peelout:

Also if you are planning on Cruising from Summit Point to Carlisle on Friday AM, please post on this thread. We are trying to get a head count. http://www.teamshelb...st-carlisle-pa/

Forum Name…......Car Info………..........................................Attending Cruise.......Direction coming From.........Estimated Arrival to Summit Point

Blondiepa................2007 SGT500 40th/Blue/Silver Stripes......Yes.............................North.......................................11:00

Fordmanpa............____ SGT500 Red/White Stripes................Yes.............................North.......................................11:00

ilmor 2007..............2007 Shelby GT Performance White..........Yes.............................North.......................................11:00

mbcortese..............2007 SGT Black Silver Strips.....................Yes..............................North.......................................11:00

Doug_GT350........2007 SGT Black...........................................Yes.............................North........................................11:00

Kstrong.................GT500 vert...................................................Yes.............................North........................................11:00

Markham51...........Super Snakes..............................................Yes.............................North........................................11:00

The North is represented! Going to look great going down Route 81. :happy feet: :yahoo: :happy feet: :rockon::drool::peelout:

I am planning on joining the cruise from the North (Carlisle) to Summit point on Thursday.

I also plan to join the cruise from Winchester VA (Summit Point) to Carlisle on Friday. I am hoping at least part of the group will not be stopping for drag races but will continue from VA to Carlisle directly on Friday. I would like to be in that group.

Thanks

Cruise North going South will be meeting at the Target Shopping Center in Carlisle (about 2 hours from Summit Point)

Cruise South going North will be meeting at Shoney's in Staunton, VA (about 2 hours from Summit Point)

Both Cruises will leave at 10:00 AM prompt and will arrive at Summit Point Raceway at Noon.

Also if you are planning on Cruising from Summit Point to Carlisle on Friday AM, please post on this thread. We are trying to get a head count. http://www.teamshelb...st-carlisle-pa/

What day / date will these cruises occur? OOPS - never mind, I see "Thursday AM" in the topic heading.

I won't be there by 10 so I'll have to pass on this cruise. :(

Question - Will we be able to get into Summit Point as spectators to watch the guys doing their track day? This thread seems to indicate such. If so, maybe I'll head over there instead of to my hotel (there goes my nap)...

Question - Will we be able to get into Summit Point as spectators to watch the guys doing their track day? This thread seems to indicate such. If so, maybe I'll head over there instead of to my hotel (there goes my nap)...

YES! You will have to sign Summit Points waiver at the gate then you can proceed to the paddock. There are some very nice vantage points for spectators at SP. Turn 5, The carousel, and Turn 10. Bring the cameras and video recorders. You will enjoy what you see - and hear!

YES! You will have to sign Summit Points waiver at the gate then you can proceed to the paddock. There are some very nice vantage points for spectators at SP. Turn 5, The carousel, and Turn 10. Bring the cameras and video recorders. You will enjoy what you see - and hear!

Thanks, and I know Summit Point very well - the silver BMW is me some years ago!

th_its55_71.jpg

Hey everyone, i just joined the cruise yesterday from summit point to Carlisle. i just want to make sure i have my dates and times right. From my understanding we are leaving Friday at 9am sharp to head north. please correct me if im wrong. thanks, Nick

NOTE TIME CHANGE...AN HOUR EARLIER SO WE CAN WATCH RACEING LONGER :yahoo:

To confirm - the Carlisle meeting time is 10 am as stated above, correct? I may attempt if I can wake up at 3:30 am and get myself moving....

Hey everyone, i just joined the cruise yesterday from summit point to Carlisle. i just want to make sure i have my dates and times right. From my understanding we are leaving Friday at 9am sharp to head north. please correct me if im wrong. thanks, Nick

Nick, The cruise leaving Summit point going to Carlisle on Friday 6/1 is arriving in Carlisle at 1030AM which means leaving SP between 7 and 730 AM.

To confirm - the Carlisle meeting time is 10 am as stated above, correct? I may attempt if I can wake up at 3:30 am and get myself moving....

9:00AM so we can watch more racing. Hope you can make it.

THURSDAY MAY 31, 2012

Both Cruises will leave at 9:00 AM prompt and will arrive at Summit Point Raceway at 11:00 (NOTE TIME CHANGE!!).

Forum Name…......Car Info………..........................................Attending Cruise.......Direction coming From.........Estimated Arrival to Summit Point

Blondiepa................2007 SGT500 40th/Blue/Silver Stripes......Yes.............................North.......................................11:00

Fordmanpa............____ SGT500 Red/White Stripes................Yes.............................North.......................................11:00

ilmor 2007..............2007 Shelby GT Performance White..........Yes.............................North.......................................11:00

mbcortese..............2007 SGT Black Silver Strips.....................Yes..............................North.......................................11:00

Doug_GT350........2007 SGT Black...........................................No...............................North.......................................12:00

hows come I can't be part of the cruise... :cry:

Blondie, you may want to update the list because I will have three of the boyz from Canada with me ... Kstrong, with his GT500 vert, Markham51 and Steve with their Super Snakes.... woo hoo it will look nice going down the highway..... We can meet you right on the ramp or there is a big church parking lot right on old Rt 22 in Lenhartsville, which ever is better for you.

Lenhartsville.bmp

Lenhartsville.bmp

You can join us..your last post indicated it might be too early for you. We are going to look great going down Route 81. Meeting at the Ramp in Lenhartsville works for us. What do you think 7:00 am?

hows come I can't be part of the cruise... :cry:

Blondie, you may want to update the list because I will have three of the boyz from Canada with me ... Kstrong, with his GT500 vert, Markham51 and Steve with their Super Snakes.... woo hoo it will look nice going down the highway..... We can meet you right on the ramp or there is a big church parking lot right on old Rt 22 in Lenhartsville, which ever is better for you.

You can join us..your last post indicated it might be too early for you. We are going to look great going down Route 81. Meeting at the Ramp in Lenhartsville works for us. What do you think 7:00 am?

I was thinking 7:30, it's an hour and a half to Carlisle from Lenhartsville (doing the speed limit :shades: ) I will try to get everyone together and leave as early as possible to make it to Lenhartsville sooner.

Decided today that even if I leave home at 3:30 it's iffy that I'll make it in time for the 9 am departure. So, I'm going to leave home at 4 am and drive straight to Summit Point instead. See u all at the track.

Hi BlondiePA, I will unfortunately miss the Staunton run but definately make the Summit Pt to Carlisle run.. See you later tomorrow at the track.

Archived