TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carbon fiber hood - to paint or not to paint ...

NMAv

I just recieved my CF black mamba hood the other day and have it fitted on the the car and I have to say WOW, looks really nice. The paint guy doesn't want to paint it and says he likes it the way it is. I'm inclined to paint the non-raised portion of the hood and leave the cowl/scoop as clear coated CF. My car is Kona Blue, stripe delete so it won't look too busy (I think). Thoughts, comments, pictures etc welcome. I'm on the fense on this one. All blue would look nice as well but the heat extracters are glued in so painting them is apparently going to be a hue PITA.

NMAv (soon to be COAv)

That's what I did....left it carbon fiber for many months and then decided I liked it better painted. In either case there is no rush so give yourself time to figure out what you like. Since you have no stripes it would probably look just fine leaving it unpainted.

Just leave it as is. Maybe after a couple months you'll get tired of the look and then you can go get it painted.

Gotta agree with 2nd2none on this. Lots of money to paint and prep and not to mention the cost of the hood to begin with. I would let the way it is now settle in for a while before making a move.

Archived