TEAM SHELBY FORUM

This one looks to be a fake..no??

This one doesn't look right...do we agree...

The Dash Plaque, the brake cooling ducts and the armrest cover are definetly off....

ebay Item # 110879542111 in case this link does not work:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-GT500-SHELBY-GT500-40TH-ANV-/110879542111?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19d0ef8b5f

The VIN number does come back to 07XL205

The plaque shown in the auction pic is/was an auographed accessory plaque sold thru SPP. Hard to tell if this accessory plaque is installed on the car or just being shown as something you will get with the car. You can see the 40th sill plates in the auction pics but potential bidders will need to check with the seller regarding the 40th dash & engine plaques.

Steve

The VIN number does come back to 07XL205

The plaque shown in the auction pic is/was an auographed accessory plaque sold thru SPP. Hard to tell if this accessory plaque is installed on the car or just being shown as something you will get with the car. You can see the 40th sill plates in the auction pics but potential bidders will need to check with the seller regarding the 40th dash & engine plaques.

Steve

:yup:

Thanks Steve.

The Dash Plaque, the brake cooling ducts and the armrest cover are definetly off....

The armrest cover is correct except it appears that the owner may have added the words "40th Anniversary" to it.

• 4 weeks later...

For what it is worth, the car is relisted on Ebay. I asked the seller to send me more pics and he just sent me the same engine pics. Strange!!! I think something smells with this deal. If it is a real car, there should be more activity.

For what it is worth, the car is relisted on Ebay. I asked the seller to send me more pics and he just sent me the same engine pics. Strange!!! I think something smells with this deal. If it is a real car, there should be more activity.

Interesting the car was listed last month on ebay for $33,500 with NO RESERVE and "SOLD" with one bid at $33,500 but now its been relisted back on ebay at $39,900 with a RESERVE.

Could be just an inexperienced seller but one definitely needs to proceed with caution.

Steve

Interesting the car was listed last month on ebay for $33,500 with NO RESERVE and "SOLD" with one bid at $33,500 but now its been relisted back on ebay at $39,900 with a RESERVE.

Could be just an inexperienced seller but one definitely needs to proceed with caution.

Steve

Steve, is "PETER GETSKOW" still listed as the owner in the registry?

That may go a long way towards confirming the ad's legitimacy.

Steve, is "PETER GETSKOW" still listed as the owner in the registry?

That may go a long way towards confirming the ad's legitimacy.

Yes, this would be very interesting to know. He told me in an email he was the person to have the 40th package put on the car.

Archived