TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Stamp

grapepa

I would think that Carroll and his family would like a small amount of each stamp sale to go to the Shelby Children's Foundation. Also might be fun to post Shleby images and take a vote on which would be selected as a possible stamp image.

There's always the easy way: make your own stamps. Send a photo and a few dollars to photo.stamps.com and get legitimate postage back.

If the Foundation could get behind it, put their URL on the photo, sell them by the hundreds, at a profit, there you have two birds and one stone.

I volunteer this photo, cropped a bit. Maybe you could put it on a coin, too.

2908304589_ae06fb2dc3_o.jpg

I would think that Carroll and his family would like a small amount of each stamp sale to go to the Shelby Children's Foundation. Also might be fun to post Shleby images and take a vote on which would be selected as a possible stamp image.

That's a great idea. I know that there was a breast cancer awareness stamp some years back that were about 3 or 4 cents mreo than a regular stamp, with teh extra going to that particualr charity.

If this has not been forwarded to the Foundation, it should be. It make take awhile to respond due to dealing with all the messages of CS' passing and the multiple 50th Anniversary events. If a petition would help, I am sure the multiple Shelby related Forums would support the effort.

:idea: I think it's a great idea..... I'll buy them that's for sure!

That's a great idea. I know that there was a breast cancer awareness stamp some years back that were about 3 or 4 cents mreo than a regular stamp, with teh extra going to that particualr charity.

The Breast Cancer stamp is still available, I use them all the time. That is until the Carroll Shelby stamp comes out!!!

This is a great idea, I found some info about stamp selection by USPS - there is an independent committee that reviews stamp suggestions and submissions must be in writing, read about it here:

http://about.usps.co...y-committee.htm

Some details from the site:

Stamp proposals must be submitted in writing to the Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee. Proposals made by email will not receive a response. This allows everyone the same opportunity to suggest a new stamp subject. Subjects should be submitted at least three years in advance of the proposed date of issue to allow sufficient time for consideration and for design and production, if the subject is approved. All properly submitted proposals for eligible subjects will be reviewed by the Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee regardless of how they are submitted, i.e., stamped cards, letters or petitions.

Stamp proposals are to be submitted in writing to the following address:

Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee

c/o Stamp Development

U.S. Postal Service

475 L’Enfant Plaza SW, Room 3300

Washington, DC 20260-3501

edit: overlooked the earlier post by falcongtho3 that had a link with details, sorry about that! basically the same info here but maybe I'm helping the lazy by posting the address and info in the thread

This should be issued as a "Forever" nation-wide/ production stamp, please. ie:not limited

also some images of the "24H du mans" multiple WINS should be in future too.

Thank you Carrol for all the memories....

This should be issued as a "Forever" nation-wide/ production stamp, please. ie:not limited

also some images of the "24H du mans" multiple WINS should be in future too.

Thank you Carrol for all the memories....

No question he generated many stamp worthy moments in his 89 years with us. I could certainly see it being a series, or a release of multiple images on a single sheet.

[...]

Stamp proposals are to be submitted in writing to the following address:

Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee

c/o Stamp Development

U.S. Postal Service

475 L’Enfant Plaza SW, Room 3300

Washington, DC 20260-3501

edit: overlooked the earlier post by falcongtho3 that had a link with details, sorry about that! basically the same info here but maybe I'm helping the lazy by posting the address and info in the thread

Yes, very definitely an aid to me, slothful soul that I am.

It seems to me the Committee must certainly be receptive to the children's aspect of the Carroll Shelby Foundation, considering their street address at 475 L'Enfant Plaza.

Archived