TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Passes

Staff

I have been lucky to have owned and driven Carroll Shelby mustangs for 40+ years.

When I met him it was easy to see the fire he had for the cars he created and the Foundation he has established.

Let's all remember him with appreciation for what he gave us and contribute to the Foundation in his memory.

My sympathy to the Shelby family.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As th 1st public member of Team Shelby (Member #6) I am deeply saddened by his passing but know he is with our Lord. Mr. Shelby is & was an Automotive Icon in my world & industry. I am very greatful & thankful that I got to make car parts for our Shelby cars & would like to say Thank You to Carroll Shelby, Ford Motor Company & SVT for bringing back such a great car back in 2005 when they debuted the GT500 proto-type in New York. You restored the hopes & dreams of a whole new generation who thought they could never be able afford a Shelby automobile in their life time. Because you Mr. Shelby, I now have one of your 2007 GT500 dream cars in my garage & most of all, I have made a few hundred more new friends because of you, your vision & car club.

God Speed,

ColdwaterHotRod (a.k.a. Coldy)

Rodney Kurtz

Coldwater, MI

While this is very sad and my heart felt prayers go out to the Shelby family. Carroll Shelby is an automotive Icon and his legacy will live on through our enjoyment of the cars he touched or influenced.

God Bless

We have lost one of the truly great legends of the automotive industry!!! Thank you for inspiring so many of us for so many years You not only gave us boyhood dreams but the tools to make them real. A true champion who dedicated so much to those in need. We will truly miss you.

No doubt that when we go we will be able to get around heaven a whole lot faster! Carroll will no doubt completely redefine the term God Speed!

Wow this is such sad news. We will all miss you Mr. Shelby. You've touched a lot of lives in this world and brought a lot of people together. My condolences to his family and all those who have loved him, including this extended Shelby family.

Hope this link works. Put together by LASAAC member Manny Samingo for Carroll's 85th Birthday party.

I first met Carroll Shelby back in the Dodge days (if it's got turbo lag - you ain't drivin it right!). Then at the debut of the Series 1 program when he first started working out of a paddock garage at the LV raceway taking orders for cobra's and deposits for the Series 1. And then on from there when histroy began to repeat itself in 2005. Carroll has always an inspiration to continue on.

RIP Carroll and my condolences to his family.

Jon

We're organizing a Shelby cruise tomorrow morning at a local Starbucks in Mr.Shelby's honor. He always said to drive our cars so we felt this was the best tribute we could offer. We are going to collect $$ for the Foundation to keep Carroll's good work alive.

Team Shelby Mountain Region-State Director for Utah

Ebony Black 07SGT2940 automatic

It is sad to hear of his passing. I consider meeting him one of the things in my life I will always remember.

I cannot think of a better way to honor him than to Drive my Shelby till the wheels fall off,and then put them back on and Drive some more.

Rest in Peace Mr Carroll Shelby.

Glen

I,too,am deeply saddened by the passing of Mr.Shelby. He was the ultimate visionary. I am proud to have reveled in the Shelby GT500 craze and could honestly say that this car was the best there is. Carroll believe me YOU WILL BE MISSED!!!!!!!! BTW, I know you are looking down on all of us today ----I know that you are in a better place. RIP :cry:

A young man I was at 17 yrs, I eyed my first mustang, a 66 GT 350 clone, I bought it with my earnings from working on a farm in the suburbs of Conn. It was the thundering 70's and 80's, my weekends were full of cruises and driving excitement. It was then that my journey and love for the Mustangs that Carroll Shelby designed and built was formed. Over 30 yrs has past and the recreation of the GT500 rekindled my passion. Today we are blessed with some of the finest Mustangs ever built. Your a true American Hero Mr Shelby, Thank you for what you've done for so many and may God bless you and keep you.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Cleo and your family.

My condolences to Carroll's family, and all of the team Shelby family out there. I only wish i had got to meet him and shake his hand, to say thank you for evrything he has done. I know he put a lot of smiles on a lot of faces, he will truly be missed. R.I.P. Carroll.

The words "legend" and "icon" are so often overused. Mr. Shelby was one of those rare individuals in the automotive world for which both of these words were indeed perfectly fitting. I never had the opportunity to meet him, but I'm still very saddened by the news of his death. Mr Shelby affected a lot of lives in such a positive manner. He put a smile on the face of so many car enthusiasts and kids who benefitted from his foundation.

R.I.P. Mr Shelby, and my condolences to the family.

I'd like to use some sort of icon we could all post for awhile in his memory as our profile photo.

Archived