TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Passes

Staff

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So saddened to hear the news. I was standing in pit lane here in New Jersey when one of my close friends and ex Ford Racing engineers Don Hayward came up to me to tell me the news. I'm so bummed as we all are. Such a great man and meant so much to all of us. God Speed Mr. Shelby.

Christmas2008.jpg

Rest in Peace Mr.Shelby-

We will never forget you! Thank you for all those beautiful moments that you gave us. I am so proud to be an owner of a part of american car history that you made. I will always keep my Shelby with me , and never give it away.

You always gonna stay in my thoughts. Legends never die, and everytime I'll start my Shelby for a ride, you'll we be with me on the road.

Again Thank you for everything Mr.Shelby, we'll miss you.

We send our condoleances to the family of Mr. Shelby.

Mr. Shelby,

When I was a young man I always dreamed of having one of yours cars and I finally got one 2007 Shelby GT. Then I sent it back to your company to be made in to a Shelby GT/SC, it is an awesome car. I am glad to have known that I achieved my dream but I am sad you are gone. I wish you and your family peace and happiness, and I mostly wish you a life of endless fast Shelby cars up in heaven.

Take care my friend & GOD bless.

Dave

I was very saddened to hear about Carroll's passing today. I never had the opportunity to meet him, but I always had the upmost respect for what he accomplished throughout his life. Growing up, I always admired Shelby cars and it was a lifelong dream to one day own one. I accomplished that dream in September of 2011. My prayers and condolences go out to his family. Also my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone at SA who knew and worked with him. He will be truly missed!

What a sad day, indeed. I am proud to have known Carroll and been his friend. I met him in the early 90's at the Palm Springs Road Races with my 67 GT350 (which I still own) and he said to me " Son, don't ever paint that **** car!!! The Shelby was an 18K mile original with original paint. Over the years we became friends, and I would see him and talk to him on the phone several times per year. He has touched everyone on here in some way shape or form. Rest in Peace, Carroll.

Alex

Such sad news. We are all absolutely beside ourselves. Since we have been basing our ideas and creativity on honoring this great man for the past 2 years, it was so difficult to hear of his passing.

Our hearts go out to his family & friends. Rest in Peace, Mr. Shelby. We will never forget your genius & vision.

May God Bless you Carroll Shelby, you were a great inspiration to all of the automotive industry and me. Rest in Piece.

Today is truly a sad day. Our thoughts and prayers are with his soul and his family. God Bless and thanks for all you have done Carroll you will be missed by all of us. Your dreams and passion brought joy to people all over the world. Thank you for everything you were and did, your legend will live on in all of us. R.I.P.

RIP Carroll. An automotive ICon and legend. The man gave the racing world notice and created the factory tuner car. There would be no Roush or Saleens if it wasn't for the Shelby's. May he rest in a cloud of tire smoke and rumbling engines. The man created dreams for every teenage kid I knew. Let's also not forget his charitable work with the Carroll Shelby Foundation. A sad day for the world today.

Joe

A Very Sad Day ..... The world has lost a Great Man, My prayers and condolences to his family, friends and all of us that he has touched with his gifts of racing !

When a legend passes...We all stop to reflect on what he or she has accopmplished.

When Carroll Shelby passes, the legends stop to reflect not only on what he has done but what his legacy is all about.

The rest of us....Well we are very sad while mourning his loss.....Then as someone here said, we get in our cars, take a little drive and kick some poor hot shots ass.

We will stay here for now and continue the dream of Cars and Kids.

REST IN PEACE MR. SHELBY

As a young boy, I grew up living near a Ford dealer and a classic Mustang parts store. It was there where I first learned about Shelby which sparked my interest in his charismatic vehicles. I bought every book and magazine about him and his cars that I could find and read them over and over until I had remembered every detail about every one of them. Today, I am honored to be a part of his dream and to own a car with his inspiration and automotive genius in it. It is the car I have always wanted to own. Thank you Carroll Shelby and may our Lord Bless you for all you've done here on earth for your fans and the many children's lives you have helped save!!

I first and foremost want to send my condolences to Mr. Shelby's family, in particular his children. I also thank God for allowing Mr. Shelby to do what he did on this Earth, because Mr. Shelby provided so many people with a lot of joy with the things he created/ innovated during his lifetime, especially with his take on the Mustang. Mr. Shelby will be missed, but not forgotten, and I have no doubts that Mr. Shelby's legacy will continue on in some way shape or form for years to come. I pray Ford continues to honor Mr. Shelby's namesake by continuing and improving upon the Mustang GT500, and I pray that Ford also dedicates the remainder of this year and the entire year of 2013 to Mr. Shelby. Mr. Shelby was a blessing, and I pray for his family,again, and I pray for the entire automotive world, because it truly lost its most iconic legend, in my opinion, this month. I am pretty sure that it must have brought Mr. Shelby great joy to know that he left this world with his Mustang, the GT500, on top of all its competitors, and the Muscle Car War being given a true victor...the Carrol Shelby GT 500 and millions upon millions of Ford fans from all across this nation and this world that stood behind him and the Mustang since 1964. Mr. Shelby truly has shown that America is still the country to be beaten, and that we all can simply keep pushing, because our best as a country is still yet in us!!!

RIP Mr. Shelby. Thanks for all you did.

My guess he is raising Caine upstairs right now planning, "the next one"!

And he likely wouldn't have it any other way.

Blue skies and tailwinds sir!

Steve

Extremely saddened by this news. Thank you for all the great memories. RIP Mr. Shelby. Though we may have lost a legend we have not lost the legacy. Which will continue to grow even bigger and better than ever. Going out for a nice drive in the Shelby today. This one is for you Mr. Shelby!

This man made a deal with god to give him more time so he could save little childrens lives and he kept his end of the deal. A man , a hero, a legend. So long Carroll. Will forever cherish my car. and kick some ass up there!!

ken

My prayers go out to you and your family Sir. The closest I got to meeting you was when I finally made it

out to Las Vegas last September. We were told that you weren't in Vegas at the time. Low and behold, here you

come, driving right into the garage in your little blue ford.

Rest in Peace Mr. Shelby

RIP Mr. Shelby. Thanks for all you did.

My guess he is raising Caine upstairs right now with Mr Iacocca, planning, "the next one"!

And he likely wouldn't have it any other way.

Blue skies and tailwinds sir!

Steve

Forgive the correction, but Mr. Iacocca is still very much alive.

Archived