TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Passes

Staff

I too was fortunate enough to meet CS several times. While not always in the best mood. I think he earned that right.

To the automotive world he was a visionary and an incredible creator.

To children in need he was a lifesaver.

My biggest regret is that my son never got to meet him in person.

Rest in peace Mr. Shelby, you deserve it!

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I get home tonight, I'm jumping in my '68KR, revving it to redline, then going for a spirited drive.

Godspeed Carroll, an automotive Icon and American legend

Thank you sir :salute: for this passion

Today is a sad day. Carroll Shelby, the legend, the man has passed away. I had known Carroll for about 10 years. I met him when I was at Hot Wheels, he was a a very larger then life legend. There was nothing he wouldn't do or try and as a risk taker myself I was in awe of him. When Carroll asked me to run his Shelby Plant in Las Vegas, it was a dream come true. What a great brand, what a great team of guys, what great Shelby Customersand most importantly what a man.

For the record Carroll and I had some great times and not so great times, I liken it all great relationships. You love, admire, fight, make up. He was a mentor, He was a father but most of all he was someone I admired to the end. I wish him peace and rest, and I am sure he is up in Heaven causing trouble already!

Amy

Amy- together with Mr. Shelby, you guys did great things and re-kindled the SHELBY 'fire', if you will.

It was for a whole new generation of folks...and some repeat for the older guys too! Nonetheless, you were very lucky to work with a legend in Automotive-dom.

I personally am grateful for the re-boot of SAI and all you and Mr. Shelby and the Team @ SAI were able to accomplish! :salute:

These late model vehicles that Shelby American have churned out will be an everlasting 'new breed' of collectibles. :worship:

Godspeed Mr. Shelby. Thank you for all you have done for the industry and for all the sharing of yourself with your fans. I am so very glad that I had the pleasure of meeting you several times thru the years.

Prayers for your family in this sad time :-(

God speed to you Carroll. You are a legend, and your legend will continue to live on well past your earthly being. Please do us all the honor of kicking Enzo's ass all over heaven.

Thanks Enis for this perfect line..........................God Bless Carroll Shelby.

I'm very sad to hear this. Mr. Shelby made such a huge impact on so many lives. He was a great race car driver, family man, business man, innovator; creativity beyond words.

Thank you Mr. Shelby for allowing us to share a passion for these great cars. I would also like to give my condolences to all his family and friends.

When I get home tonight, I'm jumping in my '68KR, revving it to redline, then going for a spirited drive.

Godspeed Carroll, an automotive Icon and American legend

Thank you sir :salute: for this passion

Wonderful idea Tom.

I'm leaving early to go home and take the Cobra out for a spin in honor of a true American Legend....Carroll Shelby.

Wonderful idea Tom.

I'm leaving early to go home and take the Cobra out for a spin in honor of a true American Legend....Carroll Shelby.

I wish i could get outta here early but when i get home me and the car are taking a spin

So sorry to see this....and its actually bringing tears to my eyes....I feel like I'm part of the family. God Bless and my thoughts and prayers go to him and his family.

Sitting at my desk, recieved the news via email from the Foundation. Logon for the detail and now reading the post and I'm finding it diffucult to not shed a tear.

Thank you Mr. Shelby for everything. To the Chicken Farmer from Texas who took on the auto racing world and handed it it's lunch (along with a bird or two for dessert), you and your legacy will be treasured. :salute:

Carroll you have inspired all of us to not only be better car guys on the track but better men off the track. God Bless, I know you have the pedal to the metal with a BIG smile on your face.

Jay...

Rest in Peace Carroll.

Reine and I's thoughts go out to your family and friends alike.

I, like many, have so many wonderful memories and so much more of Carroll.

He went out of his way to be good to me, to so many, to raise charity to help others and to build and improve so many amazing cars.

I am falling short of the mark by a longshot I am sure in my praise.

David

Archived