TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Passes

Staff

What a sad day in history, the contributions and determination of Mr. Shelby were second to none, just like his automobiles. Fast cars for the working man, anyone can build a 200k car that goes fast but what a skill he had to do it for fractions of the cost and then go blow the doors off of everything else. Proud to have his name on my car!!

My condolences to his family. May he Rest In Peace, God Bless.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did not realize that his last race was at Laguna Seca. Anyways, thanks for posting.

I wonder if this is why Ford produces a "Laguna Seca BOSS 302". Carroll Shelby had a BOSS 302 Racing Team.

I would like to give my thanks to Shelby for my little rides. The little cars I bought to drive daily in the beginning to save my Challenger for the week ends. Once you get RWD dialed in with the right suspension to drag race they don't do much else. So I got my first Shelby in 1990. In time I ended up with my 86 GLHS and the muscle just stayed parked. I have enjoyed 12.68@110 in full street trim, a couple fastest time of day cups at autocross, a huge heads up last man standing win in drag racing, 28 MPG in town, 24 MPG on open road trips past 100 MPH, Me and the 3 kids went 3700 miles in a vacation to Disneyland and seaworld in it, I live in Spokane and it goes great in a foot of snow too. Still today I am amazed at how practical my car is and fast, even more amazed at how cheap the car is to race. Thank you so much for making it possible for a poor single parent of 3 make it to work and to the winners circle for so many years.

Aristotle said; "Dignity Does Not Consist of Receiving Honors, but of Deserving them." Certainly no one is more deserving than Mr. Shelby, the epitome of Honor, Dignity and just about every other quality that truly matters. Rest In Peace indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

It was always easy for me to remember what year Carroll was born because mom was born the same year.

Now, unfortunately, I will always remember what year he died for the same reason.

Sure hope 2012 gets better because so far, (except for the bash) this year has been a royal crapfest.

Archived