TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Brake Duct Kit!!!

Those bezels look exactly like the ones that are on my car now and look exactly like the ones that they have been selling for years.

I have the upgraded radiator and heat exchanger and I know there is no way that I can route the brake hoses with those in the way.

Robert Please let us know if these Bezels are different than the ones that SPP has had for years.

My plan was to make custom bezels at the correct angle to get by the extra large radiator and extra large heat exchanger.

I, too, have the Revan Racing/Shelby upgraded radiator and heat exchanger. My brake duct kit was installed by the Mod Shop in August 2008 when my car had the blower put on. The radiator and heat exchanger were installed here in San Diego by the speed shop that takes care of my car. I never heard from them that the brake duct kit caused them any heartburn when installing the radiator and heat exchanger but I can see where it could get tight in there.

Jim

You have got to be kidding me! :censored: Last week I broke down and had the Ford Racing Brake kit installed behind the Shelby bezels! :rant2: Would have like to know that after 5 years of waiting all I needed to do was wait one more week! Oh well- my hoses will be orange and my brake plate won't have the Shelby logo... Whatever!

I, too, have the Revan Racing/Shelby upgraded radiator and heat exchanger. My brake duct kit was installed by the Mod Shop in August 2008 when my car had the blower put on. The radiator and heat exchanger were installed here in San Diego by the speed shop that takes care of my car. I never heard from them that the brake duct kit caused them any heartburn when installing the radiator and heat exchanger but I can see where it could get tight in there.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Could you please take some photos of how they routed the hoses and the connection to the bezels?

Hi Jim,

Could you please take some photos of how they routed the hoses and the connection to the bezels?

Will do. Had some minor surgery today (nothing of moment) so it might take a couple days to get under the car and get what you need.

Jim

You have got to be kidding me! :censored: Last week I broke down and had the Ford Racing Brake kit installed behind the Shelby bezels! :rant2: Would have like to know that after 5 years of waiting all I needed to do was wait one more week! Oh well- my hoses will be orange and my brake plate won't have the Shelby logo... Whatever!

I don't blame you for being PO'd. I have asked and asked, waited and waited...and several times came sooooo close to buying a different product....but I held on, thankfully....and now, I'll hold on until the next sale!

From the apperance it is a combo pack of the old brake duct/light bezel and the newer hose and back plate kit. So for those of us with a large heat exchanger it doesn't look promising. I just sold my lights/bezel and I'm going to install the agent 47 kit.

I have the Ford Racing backing plates and orange hoses with the JLT bezels but I just purchased slbgtsc's Shelby brake duct/bezel with the piaa set up, once I get it I will report back if the orange Ford Racing hoses will fit over the Shelby piece. I have waited for quite sometime also but hey atleast they are still making pieces for the SGT, now I am still in need of a grille housing.

03edd816.jpg

Awesome! I may have to spring for a set of these with the PIAA lights!

Andy.

You can not install the brake ducts and the driving lights together there is not enough room, you have to choose one or the other

Archived