TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What car # do I have

rubnscrub

Hi guys... call me stupid but the last #'s on my vin are 319084 can anyone tell me what prodution # it is ....my guess is it was # 84th car off the line .....is that correct? :banghead:

It's not the 84th car off the line. Shelby gt500 VIN#'s are not sequential. Ford will tell us when 2007 production is finalized.

It's not the 84th car off the line. Shelby gt500 VIN#'s are not sequential. Ford will tell us when 2007 production is finalized.

After the first fifty cars. The first fifty are sequential.

Hi guys... call me stupid but the last #'s on my vin are 319084 can anyone tell me what prodution # it is ....my guess is it was # 84th car off the line .....is that correct? :banghead:

Not even close.

The first 95 or so cars have a XXXX00001 to XXX000095 type of number and were, in fact, sequential. They were build prior to June 15, 2006. (dont take the number of X's and 0's literally because I'm too lazy to count, but you get the idea).

The last few numbers ARE a "sequence" number, but have nothing to do with what number of SHELBY yours is off the line. Remember, at AAI they run everything from Mazdas to Mustang V-6 verts to GT500s on the same line...at the same time.

At the end of the run.....June, 2007....SVTOA can assist you in getting a real number. They're back up and running. Ford Performance (formerly SVT) may be able to do the same thing but my guess is it'll be easier to have a unified front like SVTOA handle it. Just a thought.

Enjoy your car, whatever number it is.

bj

People remember WE DO HAVE A SEARCH feature on the forum board. Try using it to cut down on the same questions being asked every few weeks. Also please read the FAQ thread that Alloy Dave put together, you will learn so much there about your cars from the 1st 6 months of cars being made & member info being shared that most of the time your questions will be answered their.

here's a link for thise who have never seen the FAQ thread.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=3419

Not even close.

The first 95 or so cars have a XXXX00001 to XXX000095 type of number and were, in fact, sequential. They were build prior to June 15, 2006. (dont take the number of X's and 0's literally because I'm too lazy to count, but you get the idea).

The last few numbers ARE a "sequence" number, but have nothing to do with what number of SHELBY yours is off the line. Remember, at AAI they run everything from Mazdas to Mustang V-6 verts to GT500s on the same line...at the same time.

At the end of the run.....June, 2007....SVTOA can assist you in getting a real number. They're back up and running. Ford Performance (formerly SVT) may be able to do the same thing but my guess is it'll be easier to have a unified front like SVTOA handle it. Just a thought.

Enjoy your car, whatever number it is.

bj

there were 50 cars with consecutive VINs but they were not I repeat *not* built in order of VIN. The cars were 200001-200050. There were also shelbys built prior to these 50

there were 50 cars with consecutive VINs but they were not I repeat *not* built in order of VIN. The cars were 200001-200050. There were also shelbys built prior to these 50

Thanks for "repeating". Chill out. I didn't clarify and for that I correct myself. No, they weren't BUILT in sequence, they were sequentially numbered. Yes, there were some built prior. There were 98 cars prior to production, part coupes...part 'verts. And since it's trivia time....and this one goes out to the audience....name 3 people that received some of the pre-production cars. They're actually pretty

obvious.

bj

...and aproximately how many have been built to date?

Couldn't tell you with any certainty. There were about 650 or so built up to the end of production the date mine was finished (6/27/06). They started fairly slow for the first week or so. During the July 4th hiatus cars were still being built. Although the vast majority of union employees were off, there were cars coming off the line. The problem was, they were all getting backed up at AAI because of a huge lack of manpower at Mazda (the striping facility). That was a couple of long weeks. My car fell into a black hole and wasn't released until early August. After that, the cars were cranking out at a good clip, but the striping continued to hold things up. They averaged better than 30 a day.

bj

Archived