TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSX4000 - What would you pay...

KR3402

Ok thanks, I have looked there and also searched ads, auction results etc. for hours, and still not sure if the car is worth $70` or $130`

You guys are experts that`s why I want your opinion before buying...it would make me feel a lot more comfortable if you could give me a ballpark number...

Best regards

KR

It's still a tough market..................Seller has well above 6 figures in the car but it's market value is well below that. I'd think mid $80's

But that's just my .02

Honestly, I would talk with Curt at Cobra Country. He deals with sales of Cobras every day and has a much better picture of "market value" than we do here.

I would say 120-140 for an alloy body that has never been wrecked or rebuilt and has a good sorted out power train. Pricing for new cars will also affect the market although it probably hasn't been absorbed by the market yet as alloy cars are relatively rare.

Good luck

Thanks for the reply`s, the more opinions the better!

Yes I am looking at a specific vehicle, to buy. That`s why I wanted to make sure that the price is about right...

Good luck with the deal..................Hope it works out for you. :victory:

You have a double dilemma. There aren't really that many Cobra people here, and we tend to love our CSXs and so might think highly of them :) Asking here is like asking the members of the Ford GT forum the value of a Ford GT.

On the www.clubcobra.com forum they hate Shelby so much and would tell you that a Kirkham is worth more than any CSX car ever built. They will understate the value.

Another real good source would be the dealers. Don't be afraid to call DenBeste or Stephen Becker for their opinion.

I sold my 2007 glass CSX4000 car for $89K this past March. I should state that it was built by an award winning builder. Good luck with your deal.

You guys are very helpful, it seems that the seller is about right in his pricing. I also checked out DenBeste and Stephen Becker`s homepage, maybe best to give one of them a call before closing the deal. thanks again!

There is numerous factors that are involved when determining a value of a CSX Cobra. It is the accumulation of body type, condition, engine, color, options, mileage.....on and on. There is no exact science or formula by any means. At the end of the day the truest value of any car is what someone is willing to pay for it, not necessarily the pile of receipts they may or may not have. I've seen cars that are "worth" $80k (i.e. Barrett Scottsdale Eleanor sale in 2012) that sell for over $200k. You can give me a call and I can go over the car with you.

First forum post for DenBeste Motorsports. Hello to all the Team Shelby members i have met over the years. I hope the sun is shining, the roads are smooth, and your garages are still the envy of all your neighbors.

-Stephen

You have a double dilemma. There aren't really that many Cobra people here, and we tend to love our CSXs and so might think highly of them :) Asking here is like asking the members of the Ford GT forum the value of a Ford GT.

On the www.clubcobra.com forum they hate Shelby so much and would tell you that a Kirkham is worth more than any CSX car ever built. They will understate the value.

Another real good source would be the dealers. Don't be afraid to call DenBeste or Stephen Becker for their opinion.

Too true Tony........too true.

Alloy cars are clearly worth more then glass. No news flash there. I have not been really following the market but nice used glass CSX's seem to fetch around $90K+. Varies depending on drive train and other factors.

Alloy cars are as someone noted are pretty rare in comparison. Don't know the exact number existing right now but would guess around 250 to 300 in existence.

My source of info tells me it takes a while get a new alloy car to the dealer. The price of the new alloy car as a roller from the factory is now $140K.

With the attendant wait for a new one and the $140K buy in price I think the tide has risen on the used alloy cars.

Just my 2 cents

Alloy cars are clearly worth more then glass. No news flash there. I have not been really following the market but nice used glass CSX's seem to fetch around $90K+. Varies depending on drive train and other factors.

Alloy cars are as someone noted are pretty rare in comparison. Don't know the exact number existing right now but would guess around 250 to 300 in existence.

My source of info tells me it takes a while get a new alloy car to the dealer. The price of the new alloy car as a roller from the factory is now $140K.

With the attendant wait for a new one and the $140K buy in price I think the tide has risen on the used alloy cars.

Just my 2 cents

It's amazing how fast the cost to build climbs.......makes buying used a way to save time and money. Big issue is the limited supply.

It's amazing how fast the cost to build climbs.......makes buying used a way to save time and money. Big issue is the limited supply.

Yes, in the world of Cobras inflation is definitely happening. Cobras are now into the "restoration" category - you can't typically restore a car for what you can buy a well restored car for. Same with Cobras - you're going to be hard pressed to buy a new one, install power train, and pay the time and handling to get it "sorted out", than you will to buy one that's already built and sorted.

It's not just Shelby's either. SPF and Kirkham have followed with price increases too, and by the time you option up all of them to the same level they are within 10% of each other.

• 4 weeks later...

You also need to check the registry.

I know there are alloy cars out there that are in the registry delivered as glass cars.

When the body change occurred, who knows? But, if you are paying an alloy price you would want it to be that way from Shelby and not converted.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Update, the seller wanted (a lot) more for the car because "Caroll Shelby won`t be signing any more cars" I lost interest at that point, so the deal is off.

Is it true that the first cars was completed (engine install) at the Shelby factory?

• 5 months later...

Is it true that the first cars was completed (engine install) at the Shelby factory?

If you're talking about the early 60's AC Cobra's (CSX2000 series?), then yes.

If you mean any of them from Vegas, the answer would be no. They can only sell "rollers" otherwise it makes them a Auto Manufacturer and they would have to comply to modern Federal Safety Standards, Emission Standards, etc..

Phill

Archived