TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Options & Color for 08 GT500

ShelbyDude

Well it appears to be what some were already saying as far as what was going to be new for the 08 GT500.

Vapor is the new color. Tungsten no longer available.

New front driver and passenger seat side-mounted air bags provide side impact head protection

and rollover protection

To add to the driving experience, today's 2008 Shelby GT500 features SVT tuned Mustang front

and rear suspensions, 18" wheels and tires, and numerous interior and exterior upgrades

All New Ambient Lighting and HID Headlamps options

New Available Options are:

HID Headlamps

Ambient Lighting

All other options remain the same.

New Stripe Colors:

Alloy

Satin Silver

For color and strip combo:

Torch Red you get 3 stripe color choices White, Silver or Black

Alloy you get Satin Silver stripe

Vista Blue only white stripe

Performance White you get Vista Blue, Alloy or Black

Grabber Orange you get White or Black

Ebony Clearcoat you get White or Alloy

Vapor you only get Black stripe.

That is the only changes I can see. Still no price guide posted.

what is Ambient Lighting?

Will the HID Headlamps be a direct replacement for the 07 GT500's already produced?

Don't the current 2007 GT 500's already have SVT tuned Mustang front and rear suspensions, 18" wheels and tires?

What are the odds that the "Red Stripe Appearance Package" will be an option on the 2008? I am going to order on Monday and have always been going for Grabber Orange & White...Now I love the Ebony with Red!

What do you all think about ordering Ebony with stripe delete and adding the package myself?

Well it appears to be what some were already saying as far as what was going to be new for the 08 GT500.

New front driver and passenger seat side-mounted air bags provide side impact head protection

and rollover protection

To add to the driving experience, today's 2008 Shelby GT500 features SVT tuned Mustang front

and rear suspensions, 18" wheels and tires, and numerous interior and exterior upgrades

HID Headlamps

Ambient Lighting

New Stripe Colors:

Alloy

Satin Silver

Great info Shelbydude...thanks for posting.

and rollover protection

HID Headlamps

Ambient Lighting

New Stripe Colors:

Alloy

Satin Silver

Did they add any new colors for the interior???

As an owner of a 2007 GT500 coupe in Tungsten with Satin Silver stripes, I have to say that I'm glad to hear that the Tungsten color will not be available for the 2008 model year. :happy feet:

If you see a Tungsten/Silver GT500 on the road, it will be a 2007 - unless it has been repainted or unless it is a clone. :headspin:

The 07GT500 Michigan license plate was taken, so this is the next best thing. :shift:

Oh :censored: !! They are offering black stripes on the Grabber Orange. Why didn't they offer that combo on the 2007? :doh:

Hope you are not having second thoughts on color choice. Sad Tungsten stripes are gone, they sure looked great on V blue :rockon: and G orange (just saw a couple), and black and Im sure it looked great on white but never saw any good photos of one.

Tungsten RIP :lastyear:

As an owner of a 2007 GT500 coupe in Tungsten with Satin Silver stripes, I have to say that I'm glad to hear that the Tungsten color will not be available for the 2008 model year. :happy feet:

If you see a Tungsten/Silver GT500 on the road, it will be a 2007 - unless it has been repainted or unless it is a clone. :headspin:

The 07GT500 Michigan license plate was taken, so this is the next best thing. :shift:

I hear ya.

GO / Tungsten also not offered

In florida you can't have blue or red lights in the cabin.

Why?

Are they afraid our cupholders will impersonate a police officer? Does this include in dash lights like my color?

and rollover protection

HID Headlamps

Ambient Lighting

New Stripe Colors:

Alloy

Satin Silver

Any pics of the VAPOR color?

Since they haven't added any content per se to the '08, I wouldn't expect a price increase of over a few hundred dollars from the '07s based on previous pricing actions.

Since ambient lighting is a new option, there's really no telling what the price will be, (but assuming it'll be offered on so many other vehicle lines it shouldn't be priced too steeply), and based on the option costs on other FoMoCo lines, expect the HID headlamps to list about $700, and navigation to run about $2700, (or about $2000 over the Shaker 1000 cost)...which, if my crystal ball is working, should result in a loaded coupe having an MSRP of just barely under $50K.

Since they haven't added any content per se to the '08, I wouldn't expect a price increase of over a few hundred dollars from the '07s based on previous pricing actions.

Since ambient lighting is a new option, there's really no telling what the price will be, (but assuming it'll be offered on so many other vehicle lines it shouldn't be priced too steeply), and based on the option costs on other FoMoCo lines, expect the HID headlamps to list about $700, and navigation to run about $2700, (or about $2000 over the Shaker 1000 cost)...which, if my crystal ball is working, should result in a loaded coupe having an MSRP of just barely under $50K.

The Nav system has been available since December and is priced at $1995.

Archived