TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I've been Bamachipped!!!

90GT

Got my SCT tuner the other day loaded with three tunes from Doug at Bamachips. The car is completely stock other than the suspension mods I've done. I got his 91 torque, 93 torque and 93 performance tunes. I loaded in the 91 torque tune in about 15 min. It requires you to pull the fuel pump and fan fuses so that was a little fun until I found where they were. Other than that it was a piece of cake.

Then the test drive. The car idles a little higher than before but nothing more than 100 -200 rpm so it's not a big deal. Took it easy in first gear and then got in it in second. All I can say is OMFG!!!! You can easily feel the extra power and response in the lower rpms vs what it was stock. The car feels more responsive and runs smoother. The power comes in early and pulls hard through the gears. I'm a torque freak so I love the extra low end grunt. I can't wait to try the 93 octane torque tune!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I also ordered from Silverhorse Racing their Billet fuel door in satin black and billet antenna from Stage3 Motorsports.

DSC_1156.jpgantenna_black_2.jpg

I'm considering a CDC Black Billet Grille but I haven't made up my mind yet.

90GT,

I've heard Bama was good for taking out the throttle lag in their tunes?

All I know is I'd be willing to spend the 400.00 bucks if when I left off the throttle to down shift the damn butterflies would actually close. There is nothing I hate more and more about the mustang then the laggy throttle. Half the time people are probably thinking ok you can let off the gas now since you pushed in the clutch. Not to mention It's like dumping the clutch eveytime I shift a gear because the RPM's take forever to come down.

Sorry I'm venting, but a lot of people complain about the trottle lag but very few people complain about not being able to downshift to slow down. Let's get real Ford "Hey look everyone cruise control still activated while it's turned off and my foots off the pedal"

90GT,

I've heard Bama was good for taking out the throttle lag in their tunes?

All I know is I'd be willing to spend the 400.00 bucks if when I left off the throttle to down shift the damn butterflies would actually close. There is nothing I hate more and more about the mustang then the laggy throttle. Half the time people are probably thinking ok you can let off the gas now since you pushed in the clutch. Not to mention It's like dumping the clutch eveytime I shift a gear because the RPM's take forever to come down.

Sorry I'm venting, but a lot of people complain about the trottle lag but very few people complain about not being able to downshift to slow down. Let's get real Ford "Hey look everyone cruise control still activated while it's turned off and my foots off the pedal"

A tune defintiely helps with throttle lag. I've heard Doug does a great job. I went with VMP, and it helped, too.

Something to try and see if it helps, if you'd prefer to hold off on buying a tuner (copied from another site):

“Turn the key to ON (DO NOT START THE CAR!) and wait till all the normal lights in the dash go out, then slowly press the gas pedal until it is floored and release. Turn key off, wait about 6 seconds and then start your car. Give it a try.”

This is supposed to reduce the throttle lag, and costs nothing to try!

I really recommend a xcal2 or livewire from a good tuner (VMP, bamachips, or Evolution). It's a world of difference!

- Tony

Moabman,

No gears at this point, the car came with 3:55's from the factory. Throttle lag is much improved and I'm only running the 91 octane tune.

The billet fuel door is from SilverHorse Racing and is by far the best one I've seen. They have several different styles to choose from so I would go to their site and check them out.

Archived