TEAM SHELBY FORUM

who will be the first

Well first orders should be in next week I wonder who will be the first to get there car. Not myself mines coming july. I hope to see some pictures dyno slip drag slip and all the that fun stuff. I got built in radar detector and a go pro camera now I just need my car

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few guys on another forum should be getting theirs in 1or 2weeks. Mine is in production now but the delivery date is TBD. I have a vin# but when i look it up nothing comes up a few of the guys said you should be able to see it 7 days before the build date but nothing yet. So maybe in production doesn't mean being built.

I do have a vin # also and the window sticker is up for viewing, supposedly the car has been built at this time. Just waiting for the delivery and that will be anybody's guess....

If you have your vin look up your build date on your window sticker. There is a blend date on top of the sticker, don't look at he first number, the rest is your build date.

Type in your vin after the = sign in this link and you will get your sticker: www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin= The sticker will only show if you are 7 days or less from the anticipated build date.

I got built in radar detector and a go pro camera now I just need my car

Built-in radar detector? Cool. Where does the sensor go? And where's the display? Any recommendations on sources? Sorry - if this topic has legs, I'll start a new thread. But just curious. Thanks.

I am getting a passport 9500ci. Going to mount the laser jammers in the grill which is pretty nice since its already open. Don't know how I'm going to set up the rear. Going to put the display (since its so small) right under the windshield on the driver's side in the corner.

Possible, but very unlikely.

Just got off the phone with my dealer sales rep - he said the car would be to the dealer on Saturday - the dealer has the factory title/paperwork in hand. Also told me they would take the car off the truck and move it directly to the showroom and it was up to me if they or I remove all the shipping protectant stuff. The keys go directly to the sales rep and no one touches the car. Told me "this is too much money to let something stupid happen". I agree.

Just got off the phone with my dealer sales rep - he said the car would be to the dealer on Saturday - the dealer has the factory title/paperwork in hand. Also told me they would take the car off the truck and move it directly to the showroom and it was up to me if they or I remove all the shipping protectant stuff. The keys go directly to the sales rep and no one touches the car. Told me "this is too much money to let something stupid happen". I agree.

for gods sake if this is true, be sure to take pics, video and post!!!! :rockon:

for gods sake if this is true, be sure to take pics, video and post!!!! :rockon:

Yes if this is true take a bunch a pics so we can all see!!! But a car being built tomorrow and at the dealership by Sat I have never seen anything move that quick...

We will see if delivery holds true on Saturday. I ordered:

Black with Colorado red stripes vert

Recaros with red stripes

Shaker Pro

SVT performance package

Electronics package

Hybrid synergy drive

So the build date was based on the "blend date" on the window sticker - not sure if that is completion - or start. Also, the greenhouse gas and emission rating on the sticker is a 4 out of 10 - I am really starting to feel guilty for not buying that Volt. My carbon footprint is assuming the size of Sasquatch.

So I ordered basically everything you could order for the vert, and an overpriced factory car cover. Yes - if all the planets align - and this all holds true - I will post up plenty of stuff - AFTER - I have had a chance to get to know the new beauty.

Just got word from the SVT group that my build week is the week of June 4th and after a few days they can narrow that down to a date in that week. Also was told that a VIN was available but I was told to contact my dealer for the VIN...just left vmail with my salesman to get the VIN. When I saw the priority of 19 on my DORA...I got on the phone with the salesman and said please help. About 2 days ago he told me that they changed the priority to 10. I really think that Ford can do what they want...whether the dealership making the priority change actually helped or not..I really don't care. My order date was 3/20 and many of you guys that ordered after mine already had build dates and VINs...so I feel much better now.

Hi all! My name is Laura and I am new to Team Shelby Forum. On 4/11/12, I ordered a 2013 GT500 with a priority 10. How soon from your order date did you receive your VIN? My dealership does not have the VIN info yet. My question is: is there another way to find out the VIN other than through the dealership? Also, I see that forum member 7ONE7 was able to view their window sticker once they had their VIN. Please let me know how to do this as well.

Any and all information/tips you can provided me is greaty appreciated. Thanks much!

Hi all! My name is Laura and I am new to Team Shelby Forum. On 4/11/12, I ordered a 2013 GT500 with a priority 10. How soon from your order date did you receive your VIN? My dealership does not have the VIN info yet. My question is: is there another way to find out the VIN other than through the dealership? Also, I see that forum member 7ONE7 was able to view their window sticker once they had their VIN. Please let me know how to do this as well.

Any and all information/tips you can provided me is greaty appreciated. Thanks much!

There is no standard time frame. Since you ordered so late maybe MAYBE you will see a VIN by the end of may if they get to your dealer allocation and their are no material holds. It really all depends on when Ford gets to your dealer's allocation for you. You can call the 800 Ford number as well and ask them every week or so if you have a VIN yet. You can view the window sticker 7 days prior to build date.

How can these wind up in customers hands before ANY magazine reviews?

Its easy. The press received their cars the last week of April. They are driving/testing/ writing the articles now. They will be published in the July editions that will actually be on the newsstand at the end of May / beginning of June. So actually the reviews should come out about the same time people are receiving the first cars.

Its easy. The press received their cars the last week of April. They are driving/testing/ writing the articles now. They will be published in the July editions that will actually be on the newsstand at the end of May / beginning of June. So actually the reviews should come out about the same time people are receiving the first cars.

Didn't work like that 07 - 12.

Laura,

I see this is your first post, so welcome to Team Shelby! Congrats on your soon to be new GT500. Lots of enthusiasts here to help answer any question regarding all things Shelby. Remember to post up :camera: of the new beast when you take delivery and stay tuned for TS-PCR events and news here in your region: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/96-pacific-coast/

Once you get your vin go to this site and enter it here http://researchmaniacs.com/Ford/TrackFactoryCarOrders.html

But it won't come up till 7 days before prior till the build date so don't be disappointed if it doesn't come up right away

Congrats on your order

What color and options did you get?

I order a Grabber blue with black stripes and the delivery date is supposed to be next week the 16th but we will see. Fingers crossed

Archived