TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shaker 500

s.d.unger

post-8510-1176423850_thumb.jpgMy 2007 mustang is a v6 coup with the Pony Package, nothing special, fun to drive anytime. My question is this, what caused the CD player to act as if the disks were loaded when I start the car. There seems to be no pattern to this, some days the CD is playing the same song as it was when I parked it for the night, some days the Radio is playing and I can hear the CD player counting the disks. The same 6 disks are in the player for days at a time. Any Ideas?

I've attached a picture of the car after its first bath back in November 2006.

post-8510-1176423850_thumb.jpg

post-8510-1176423850_thumb.jpgMy 2007 mustang is a v6 coup with the Pony Package, nothing special, fun to drive anytime. My question is this, what caused the CD player to act as if the disks were loaded when I start the car. There seems to be no pattern to this, some days the CD is playing the same song as it was when I parked it for the night, some days the Radio is playing and I can hear the CD player counting the disks. The same 6 disks are in the player for days at a time. Any Ideas?

Nice car.

Wish I had an answer for you, I think mine did that once or twice, too. Not sure, though, as I only used the CD player for a few days. I'm pretty much 100% a ipod user. Talk radio in the mornings, the ipod the rest of the time.

- Tony

Mine did when the Battery was weak. Ford replaced the batter and not a problem since, you may want to take it in and have the battery tested.

Before you say "But it starts just fine" Mine did too but what happens is there is such a current draw that the radio has to reprogram it self all over, you may keep the same radio station presets but the CD player will do a check because of the lower power.

Ford had a major problem with battery's in late mid to late 06 and many of them for reason have a dead cell or two.

Mine has not done it since ford replaced the battery, I'd be willing to bet that is your problem.

Plan a battery test at your dealership, just make sure you tell them that you have to jump it to start it after it sits for a couple of days and they should be happy to check it.

Good Luck

Hi and WELCOME to SU!!!

I'm just guessing, now, based on the '01 Cobra 6-disk... if you turn off the ignition while a song is playing it picks up in the same spot when you restart. Not sure what it does if it's between disks and you shut it off ...maybe that's the shufling --dunno. I think there should be instructions on the CD player in the owners manual or in a separate guide in with the owners manual, if you haven't checked that.

Good luck with her!!

-Dan

<edit:> see post above -- I didn't :-)

Mine did when the Battery was weak. Ford replaced the batter and not a problem since, you may want to take it in and have the battery tested.

Before you say "But it starts just fine" Mine did too but what happens is there is such a current draw that the radio has to reprogram it self all over, you may keep the same radio station presets but the CD player will do a check because of the lower power.

Ford had a major problem with battery's in late mid to late 06 and many of them for reason have a dead cell or two.

Mine has not done it since ford replaced the battery, I'd be willing to bet that is your problem.

Plan a battery test at your dealership, just make sure you tell them that you have to jump it to start it after it sits for a couple of days and they should be happy to check it.

Good Luck

ditto. This was common with cars that had weak or near-dead batteries on our lot.

Archived