TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Track Photos!

b17drvr

I received my photos from the SVTOA performance driving clinic at the Texas World Speedway a couple of weeks ago. Here are a few.

Tim

Tim,

Those pictures look great! If I didn't know better, I would say that you're driving my car.... :hysterical: How often does SVTOA have these drving clinics, I am a new member. Thanks.

Stuart

Great pictures .... how she handle in the corners ? ... Car had to be wickedly fast .. I mean .. u do have the fastest color made by ford .. :yahoo:

I received my photos from the SVTOA performance driving clinic at the Texas World Speedway a couple of weeks ago. Here are a few.

Tim

The car look great Tim. The first pic it looks like it set fairly neutral. You should have that pic framed and hung in your office, I would.

What are your thoughts and asscessments of the suspension mods now that you've put them to the test ? Inquiring minds want to know.

George...

Tim

Hey Tim, just found the thread (thanks Stuart) -- so tell us all ;-) We need a blow-by-blow around the track ;-) Handling? Stability? Transitions? ;-) How'd she do with the heat in actual competition? Ok, spill the beans :yahoo:

;-) Dan

Tim,

Those pictures look great! If I didn't know better, I would say that you're driving my car.... :hysterical: How often does SVTOA have these drving clinics, I am a new member. Thanks.

Stuart

SVTOA usually has one event per month around the country. You can do with an instructor or without. It is great fun and great people.

Tim

SVTOA usually has one event per month around the country. You can do with an instructor or without. It is great fun and great people.

Tim

I'll have to check out the web-site for upcoming events. Thanks.

Stuart

Hey Tim, just found the thread (thanks Stuart) -- so tell us all ;-) We need a blow-by-blow around the track ;-) Handling? Stability? Transitions? ;-) How'd she do with the heat in actual competition? Ok, spill the beans :yahoo:

;-) Dan

First, the mods held up OK--even after I did some "off road testing" with the car. I was driving with the factory tires and they were much stickier than I expected. The car is still nose heavy, but not near as bad as I expected. With some stiffer sidewall tires the weight should not be much of an issue.

The car never gave me any surprises through the turns and understeer was not a problem with the heavy nose. With the mods the nose does not plow down as much as it used to under heavy braking in the corners and it was easy to enter the turns and to add power for a strong exit. The car seems very stiiff and body roll was not bad. One of the SVT instructors drove my car and really pushed it (it is amazing how fast your car will go with a good driver) and it did great!

The factory brakes held up pretty well. There are some hot spots on the rear rotors and the brembos up front did fine. No noticable brake fade. I checked the temps and after a track run the rotors were about 255 degrees and the brake fluid was about 125 degrees at the reservoir.

There were 4 gt500s at the event. One had a supercharger problem and did not run (I didn't find out what the problem was). One other gt500 went in to the mud and received some fender damage when it was towed out.

All in all, it was a great time and I could not be more pleased with the car.

Tim

turn3.jpg

turn4.jpg

turn3.jpg

turn4.jpg

Archived