TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tie Rod Replacement Parts Requried

Hi Everyone,

I mentioned this on my recent "Hood Thread" but now I need a specific answer for the tie rod issue.

The Ford Parts online site lists several parts for the tie rod assembly. 3280 Assembly (this is the end assembly) and 3A130 Steering Tie Rod

(actual rod). There are also some other parts shown in the picture on their website http://www.fordparts.com/ like the 3C650 Bellow Clamp and 3K661 Steering Tie Rod End Boot. In addition there are a couple of parts in the pic HN1 and HW1 that I am not sure what they are or if they are necessary.

I need to know which parts I need to do the job properly? Just want to get all the correct parts before trying to replace the "Damaged Parts" from the front end minor crash plus any "Worn Out" Parts (113k miles now).

Thanks Everyone for helping me get my Slightly Banged Up GT500 back to before crash condition...or actually better. My shop did an awesome job getting the pinion angle correct on the 1 piece driveshaft from Coast Driveline. No hesitation, wobble, hop or any other problem now. Just instant power when I hit the Gas! Richard at Grace Audobody did a great job on the body work, paint and driveline adjustment. It was another shop AAA sent me to that did not do a great job on the alignment/Tie Rod problem and now we have to fix that ourselves.

Thanks again everyone for all your help!

Best "Dream Machines" Regards, (Boy was the show fun this weekend!)

MSB Mustang / Mark

PS - I am also still in need of an experienced shop/person/Guru to put the Hood and Front Bumper Replacement Shelby Racing Stripes back on the car after the first "Expert" did them all wrong. The second set of Hood and bumper stripes have been ordered and who knows when Ford/Shelby will get them out to us.

Hi Everyone - Again,

The font was messed up on my last post. This should be much better...

I mentioned this on my recent "Hood Thread" but now I need a specific answer for the tie rod issue.

The Ford Parts online site lists several parts for the tie rod assembly. 3280 Assembly (this is the end assembly) and 3A130 Steering Tie Rod

(actual rod). There are also some other parts shown in the picture on their website http://www.fordparts.com/ like the 3C650 Bellow Clamp and 3K661 Steering Tie Rod End Boot. In addition there are a couple of parts in the pic HN1 and HW1 that I am not sure what they are or if they are necessary.

I need to know which parts I need to do the job properly. Just want to get all the correct parts before trying to replace the "Damaged Parts" from the front end minor crash plus any "Worn Out" Parts (113k miles now).

Thanks everyone for helping me get my Slightly Banged Up GT500 back to before crash condition...or actually better. My shop did an awesome job getting the pinion angle correct on the 1 piece driveshaft from Coast Driveline. No hesitation, wobble, hop or any other problem now. Just instant power when I hit the Gas! Richard at Grace Audobody did a great job on the body work, paint and driveline adjustment. It was another shop AAA sent me to that did not do a great job on the alignment/Tie Rod problem and now we have to fix that ourselves.

Thanks again everyone for all your help!

Best "Dream Machines" Regards, (Boy was the show fun this weekend!)

MSB Mustang / Mark

PS - I am also still in need of an experienced shop/person/Guru to put the Hood and Front Bumper Replacement Shelby Racing Stripes back on the car after the first "Expert" did them all wrong. The second set of Hood and bumper stripes have been ordered and who knows when Ford/Shelby will get them out to us.

Mark ,

Is your GT500 stock as far as ride height ? I can probably help you out with the steering/alignment issues . I had some stripes put on my 2007 GT500 by Elite Auto Films in Fremont and I was very happy especially when he brought out a laser to line up the stripes. His name is Goshan and his business is primarilly clear bra , window tinting , and vinyl wrap but you can call him @ 510-936-0326 and talk to him about the stripes.

Hi Albino500,

Thanks for the info on the stripe / film installer company.

Do you have any pics of the hood of your car with the the stripes?

Also my car is lowered just in the rear about 3/4" just with different springs.

Thanks!!!

Mark / MSB Mustang

Thanks Ray,

That is a better picture of the assembly that I had and also a great description of all the parts. Time to order everything and see if I can do it myself ...or get some help! With my 285 Nitto's in the front right now I can really feel the slop in the front end... from my 113k miles! The slight drifting right could be from the mileage or the crash? Hopefully the new front end parts in the drawing you just sent me will solve my problem.

Mark / MSB Mustang

Archived