TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where can i get my alcoa wheel fixed? im in nj

mgmustang1

Bought a set of shelby alcoa's and wanted to know where I can get them fixed around NJ area that would match the durabrite finish. I called a couple of places but said they cannot match them. At this point im willing to ship the wheel to a shop to refinish it. Any idea's?

Bought a set of shelby alcoa's and wanted to know where I can get them fixed around NJ area that would match the durabrite finish. I called a couple of places but said they cannot match them. At this point im willing to ship the wheel to a shop to refinish it. Any idea's?

I'm pretty sure only Alcoa is going to be able to do it. They have the patent on the dura bright finish.

Only thing close will be getting them in chrome I think.

Best of luck to you. At least you were able to find a set.

The durabright finish looks like a natural anodizing over polished forged (very dense) aluminium.

Powder coating (even "chrome" like color) won't be even close to the durabright finish.

Chrome might chip or be too bright...and too "custom" looking...

I agree with 03KB SonicBlue, you should ask Alcoa...but they stopped production, so I guess it won't be easy.

Powder coating in a solid color or mat black or dark grey, would be the easiest solution to get a perfect finish...

I called alcoa and shelby and they want nothing to do with it. thats shitty service although not warranty i am paying for the repair but no.

this is what they sent me:

Thank you for contacting us. You submitted the following request via alcoa.com:

Sorry to hear about the curb rash on your Alcoa Shelby Dura-Bright® wheels. Unfortunately, Alcoa does not offer wheel repair services. You may want to ask Shelby if they can provide a referral. Otherwise, there are many wheel repair providers available across the country. Best of luck.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived