TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Towing a 2007 - 2013 GT500

Grabber

If you ever break down and need a tow it is a good idea to know how the tow truck / flat bed driver is supposed to load and strap your car down. See page 7, then page 10 for details. Make sure the operator has the V strap in photo 8 on page 10 before he loads your car onto the flat bed and make sure he hooks it up just like it shows in photo 9.

You may want to print this and put it in your car.

2013_WreckerTowing_Manual.pdf

2013_WreckerTowing_Manual.pdf

Edited by Grabber

thank you, this info is always good to have. although the V forged-strap.... was that used in Photo 9? it looks like it was a chain that was V'd and hooked on to the lower control arms.

It says that if the tow truck driver does not have the kind of V - strap..... that the chain needs to be wrapped with a towel to protect the splitter from damage.

No one wants to have there car towed, but it is important to be prepared if you find yourself in that situation. I have put a copy of this Ford towing manual in my trunk just in case I ever need it. I highlighted the areas that pertain to my vehicle and tabbed the pages so I can quickly have a one on one discussion with the tow truck driver.

Here is what I have prepared and put in my trunk:

001-7.jpg

002-10.jpg

003-7.jpg

005-8.jpg

006-5.jpg

007-6.jpg

008-7.jpg

That is fantasic Grabber. I will build my package today!

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...