TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Order Confirmed Color Question

mhh371

I ordered a 2013 while away at work, returned home and went in and paid my deposit today (27 April). The order was placed a few weeks ago.

Using ford.com builder I generated what I wanted, options and color. Printed page to a PDF and sent that to the dealer I was working with.

Using the color and stripe tool, it lists Grabber Blue as stripe color; however, the order sheet has a "Sonic Blue" (85B)

Anyone have intel or reply to this one? I cross checked the 2013 Mustang Catalog and it does not show a Grabber Blue, only the Sonic Blue.

Surely Ford doesn't have information out and available to billions of people showing a wrong shade of blue!!

I had selected Sterling Gray with Grabber Blue stripes....not sold what a darker blue would look like...unless it is the blue that was used on the KR models.

I believe Sonic Blue is similar to Kona Blue and replaced it.

Thanks Ted. Looking at the book picture it does look somewhere aroudn the Kona Blue. I just found it odd that the website would have a wrong color option. You only have Grabber Blue as an option, nothing about Sonic Blue. I'd have thought someone would have caught that and changed it.

• 2 weeks later...

/bump for this post again.

Was hoping someone would have some insight on stripe colors this year. www.ford.com shows Grabber Blue as the stripe colloer. So I finished the build and price to my local Ford dealer and got

the order number (which is 410 fyi) (my 2010 Grabber Blue with Colorado Red Stripes was 1 of 59 in that color scheme AND #410 ot of #523 total Grabber Coupes). I browsed through the Mustang book for the 2013MY

and it does not show the stripe color as Grabber Blue'; instead. it was Sonic Blue.

Quite a bit darker and just not sure the car would have any immediate pop factor with dark blue.

So does anyone have a smiliar story? I'd be appreciateve to listen!!!

Thanks again group.

I was trying to order a Race Red GT500 with Grabber Blue Stripes, but the Dealer says only Sonic Blue is available. I have no idea what that would look like on the race red. I unfortunately have not gotten any real answers about this either. Let me know if you find out anything.

Thanks.

I was trying to order a Race Red GT500 with Grabber Blue Stripes, but the Dealer says only Sonic Blue is available. I have no idea what that would look like on the race red. I unfortunately have not gotten any real answers about this either. Let me know if you find out anything.

Thanks.

When I saw Sonic Blue on my order conformation sheet I called Ford directly, and was told that the Grabber Blue was not an option.

I called the dealer I am buying through and did a color change on the stripes. My order was in and accepted, but had not taken the next step, so was easy as a phone call to change the stripe color.

Base color is still Sterling Gray.

As for Red, the representative I spoke to at Ford said they had two reds....Race Red and Medium Red.

I would call Ford direct, if you have your order number they can look it up. They were friendly and efficient. I was on hold no longer than 2 minutes.

Hope this helps.

What number are you calling ford at? I was not getting through to anyone at the ford number I was calling off the web site. I submitted an email to Ford and got the same answer, that Grabber blue is not available. I just got off the phone with another dealer and the salesman says that the car would have a Silver stripe instead of blue, with the blue accents on the seats. I'm not sure where they are getting this info. Maybe a mix of 2012 and 2013 info?

What number are you calling ford at? I was not getting through to anyone at the ford number I was calling off the web site. I submitted an email to Ford and got the same answer, that Grabber blue is not available. I just got off the phone with another dealer and the salesman says that the car would have a Silver stripe instead of blue, with the blue accents on the seats. I'm not sure where they are getting this info. Maybe a mix of 2012 and 2013 info?

I am unaware of a silver stipe this year. Going by feedback from Ford, folks here and the Mustang dealer book, the choices for stripes are Black, White, Medium Red, Sonic Blue. If Silver were an option I would have considered them, really bummed no Grabber Blue stripes are available.....

1-800-392-3673

I needed the order number and dealer number. I do not have a VIN yet. But if the posts and rumors are right, my car will be a later build. No Track Pack, only the PP.

The CR number is 1-800-334-4375

Hope it helps!!

I assumed that the dealer was some how looking at the 2012's. Just got off the phone with them and they are saying it was the 2013 and the MSRP was matching. Salesman says that the silver stripe is an update from Ford. But it makes no sense, since it is saying Silver stripe with blue accents in the seats. I'm going to have to go to the dealership to try and get to the bottom of this. Hopefully they can show me.

I assumed that the dealer was some how looking at the 2012's. Just got off the phone with them and they are saying it was the 2013 and the MSRP was matching. Salesman says that the silver stripe is an update from Ford. But it makes no sense, since it is saying Silver stripe with blue accents in the seats. I'm going to have to go to the dealership to try and get to the bottom of this. Hopefully they can show me.

Let me know what you find out. I'd be interested in silver stripes as well.

I am unaware of a silver stipe this year. Going by feedback from Ford, folks here and the Mustang dealer book, the choices for stripes are Black, White, Medium Red, Sonic Blue. If Silver were an option I would have considered them, really bummed no Grabber Blue stripes are available.....

1-800-392-3673

I needed the order number and dealer number. I do not have a VIN yet. But if the posts and rumors are right, my car will be a later build. No Track Pack, only the PP.

The CR number is 1-800-334-4375

Hope it helps!!

I have been calling SVT Performance phone number = 1-800-367-3788 - option 1

Archived