TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealers who will sell @ or below MSRP

bumplime

Blue-Red & Red-Blue combinations are always on the fringe. There's barely 20 Red on DIB cars and only one configured that way. It's very uncommon to find the Shaker Pro left-out after loading up everything else, only about 30 or so cars altogether.

Maddy, do you know how many Perf White with Sonic Blue stripes and 821a pkg are in the works? Waiting and hoping...

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stripping out exports, mules, and orders marked exclusively for retail buyers, about 70 or so like cars have been made. But if you want ONLY the 821A package, there are just 2 (4 if you don't mind the car cover). 3 are in the Northeast and 1 in CA.

Stripping out exports, mules, and orders marked exclusively for retail buyers, about 70 or so like cars have been made. But if you want ONLY the 821A package, there are just 2 (4 if you don't mind the car cover). 3 are in the Northeast and 1 in CA.

Yea, Im sure mine is not one of those in line as I only have the 821a. But I am a retail buyer, arent I? Anyway, hopefully soon there will be one heading to AZ or NV. Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

Bound to be plenty as their last '13 allocations arrive in the dead of winter with '14s inbound so soon on their heels.

The trick will be finding one people want, especially loaded or bareboned ones that were already rare to begin with and all but nonexistent so far during build-out.

Well, since Ford Econiline vans are oxford white, I want no part of it. Hope I dont have to change my color choice if I cant get a 13 and have to wait for a 14. Always liked the white w blue stripe combo.

I don't blame you Wayne..why in hell would they go put the same white on a car like the the GT500 as the Eco vans..it's just cheaping out IMO.

Madlock,

I heard yesterday that the 2014 GT500's are not scheduled for delivery until Apr, what have you heard?

Was just told the same thing by my local SVT dealer...build date starting in Febuary and at the dealers by Apr.

I was told that production wouldn't start until late Mar do to the low temperatures. Evidently the Goodyear tires don't like freezing temperatures and will crack if exposed to low temperatures for prolonged periods of time. Ford doesn't have the facilities required to store the GT500's in a protected environment until they can be shipped.

Was just told the same thing by my local SVT dealer...build date starting in Febuary and at the dealers by Apr.

I called my dealer to see if I could cancel the 2013 in favor of a 14, but my vin was already available.

Not planning on selling it anytime, but if youre buying new, you would likely want as new as possible.

Either way, Im pleased to get one. I hope there is an aftermarket radiator and HE protective mesh soon.

If the car has not actually been produced, I would think the dealer could cancel the order.

Snoops, you are right, but Ive had a car on order since July, been waiting this long. If I cancel and then ask the dealer for a 2014 slot, Im not sure It would be met favorably.

I hear you, I am in the same situation. I have been waiting since May and would like to walk away from my 2013 and order a 2014, but I don't want to wait until at least Apr of next year. Apr is a best case scenario, realistically. it would probably be July or later depending on your dealers standing with Ford and the local Rep.

I hear you, I am in the same situation. I have been waiting since May and would like to walk away from my 2013 and order a 2014, but I don't want to wait until at least Apr of next year. Apr is a best case scenario, realistically. it would probably be July or later depending on your dealers standing with Ford and the local Rep.

Same thinking. Im just glad there is no sig difference between the 13 and 14 models, unlike the 12 vs 13 GT500s.

I guess wanting to give a dealer $60k+ puts you low on their totem pole. One of the issues here is when Shelby America needs to build a SuperSnake, they go through my dealer to get the base GT500. I think that keeps other buyers low on the list.

I was told that production wouldn't start until late Mar do to the low temperatures. Evidently the Goodyear tires don't like freezing temperatures and will crack if exposed to low temperatures for prolonged periods of time. Ford doesn't have the facilities required to store the GT500's in a protected environment until they can be shipped.

I know the Goodyears don't like the cold tracktion wise but cracking because it's cold..I have a hard time believeing that one..besides where they're

being built there ain't much diff in temp from late Feb to early Mar anyway.

That's the information I received from a manager at Ford Corporate.

I know... not saying you made it up Snoop just don't believe the M of Ford Corporate...some of these cars are stored up in Alberta in none heated garages

where it gets down to -30 to -40 in the winter..like I say I wouldn't want to go ripping down the roads on a cold day in the winter with them because youd end

up in the ditch but I dought they would crack.

Did a little reasearch and found this Service Bulletin.

GoodyearZL1tirebulletin.jpg

Damn those are nasty cracks,,,I've seen alot of cars stored in cold garages with the F 1's and never saw them crack like that..thanks for posting

this obviously there are problems with some of them ..

2014 Shelby GT500 allocations are being issued to dealers starting last week. Production starts at Flat Rock in March and fisrt deliveries will arrive in April...

Is that supposed to pass for informative? Good work as always Jim!

FWIW I bought my 302 at Drew Ford in La Mesa CA and they never sell with an ADM. Pretty big dealership that got 8 allocations for 2012 Bosses. Talk to Rick Garrett in Internet Sales. Fly in and drive out is what I did. About 500 miles later I had 'er home.

Ahhhhhhh great memories from these...

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

Blue-Red & Red-Blue combinations are always on the fringe. There's barely 20 Red on DIB cars and only one configured that way. It's very uncommon to find the Shaker Pro left-out after loading up everything else, only about 30 or so cars altogether.

You mean like this?

dib.JPG

dib.JPG

Looking for a New dealership here in Wa. as I am disapointed in Bickford Motors I have ben a faithful customer for many years and purchased many new cars from them. I ask about ordering a 14 Shelby they say OK but it will cost you 10 K ADM. I say I will look elsewere, I am thinking I will take all my purchases elsewere, but still use the service dept.

Looking for a New dealership here in Wa. as I am disapointed in Bickford Motors I have ben a faithful customer for many years and purchased many new cars from them. I ask about ordering a 14 Shelby they say OK but it will cost you 10 K ADM. I say I will look elsewere, I am thinking I will take all my purchases elsewere, but still use the service dept.

You got the same answer I did when I called them about 2-3 weeks ago. In fact, they still acted like they would be charging ADM on a '12 if they had one. Told them I had gotten my '12 for below invoice and the phone went silent. Good luck with your search. I would probably still use them for service also. Seems like good guys in the service dept.

National City Ford (Perry Ford) in Southern California has 2 avail. 2013 Shelby GT500 for MSRP. Color: Black exterior, Loaded except glass roof. Look for Richart Atencio. (1-800-939-0270). I'm currently looking for White w/ Blue Stripe!

White w blue stripe may be available from Galpin Ford in Prescott AZ, ask for Brian. I ordered the car with SVTPP as the only option but had to cancel it.

Archived