TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealers who will sell @ or below MSRP

bumplime

Thanks. I just found the perfect car. It's got the electronics package; but, I wasn't specing that out for money reasons. Problem is, it's one of the dealers where I used to live that wanted 15k over back in '08. I can only imagine what they want on this. I'll call Tuesday and let you know how I make out.

Well, the car you'd like hasn't yet been made - in either Black/Red or Race Red/Black (with or without the cover).

On the other hand, WITH the Electronics Package, 18 exist - 16 with the car cover and 2 without in Black/Red and 9 in Race Red/Black including 6 with the car cover. Only the Black/Red was made for a Florida dealer, the same for NJ and NY.

In fact, 3 went to WI, 2 each TN and TX and one went to each SD, NV, MA, OK, IL, IA, MI, & AZ. For the Race Red/Black, 2 went to each NY and MI and one each for CA, TX, VT, NC & NJ.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your help. I'll give that a try

Thanks; but, a regular GT won't do it for me. I wish it would. I've owned a '95 Cobra vert, a '99 Cobra, an '03 10th Anniversary Cobra 'vert and now my '08. The looks/comments this car gets is incredible. This weekend I stopped at Dodge, Chevy, and Ford looking at SRT 8's, ZL-1's and Shelbys. When I pulled into the parking lot, people's heads just turn. Conversations stop, etc. I guess that's why everyone on this site loves it.

Idea car: Black Convertible with red stripes, Performance Package, Recaro's, Pro Shaker, No Nav or electronics package. Race Red with black stripes would be nice too.

Ive got a lead on a race red with black stripes vert. PM me if you want info.

Well, the car you'd like hasn't yet been made - in either Black/Red or Race Red/Black (with or without the cover).

On the other hand, WITH the Electronics Package, 18 exist - 16 with the car cover and 2 without in Black/Red and 9 in Race Red/Black including 6 with the car cover. Only the Black/Red was made for a Florida dealer, the same for NJ and NY.

In fact, 3 went to WI, 2 each TN and TX and one went to each SD, NV, MA, OK, IL, IA, MI, & AZ. For the Race Red/Black, 2 went to each NY and MI and one each for CA, TX, VT, NC & NJ.

I found the one in NJ. I bought my '03 from them. I'll call them Tuesday. Can you steer me in the right direction for the Florida one? Thanks, Jim S.

I found the one in NJ. I bought my '03 from them. I'll call them Tuesday. Can you steer me in the right direction for the Florida one? Thanks, Jim S.

I'd recommend girding yourself for at least an attempted screwing. NJ car dealers seem to be off-putting like nowhere else, like every unflattering stereotype distilled to pharmaceutical purity then run through North Korean enrichment centrifuges for good measure. I heard Ford did away with A/X/D/Z plan and created a new KY plan JUST for the tri-state area.

Check your PM.

I'm the guy that's willing to pay sticker today. Except, my local dealer wants way over sticker. He says he has one allocation left and won't waste it on a MSRP deal. Even though he loves my '08 GT500 'vert as a trade. The other three Ford dealers 1/2 way close to me say their allocation is all gone. At least they were honest and didn't take a deposit knowing they can't get the car. They also said everyone they sold went for over sticker.

I'm looking for a 'vert as well. There's none on E-Bay. I can't find one anywhere for MSRP. You're right about the Boss 302's. All of the dealers I went to had at least one Boss in stock. My local dealer wanted 10k over; but, the other three wanted 5k over. And those three said that was just a starting point. Two of them said If you do the deal today, they would take sticker. Too bad I want a 'vert.

That's exactly what one of the dealers stated as well. Most of the 'verts are being exported. I jokingly said that's what I get for wanting to buy an American car - they're being shipped overseas!

So the question is: are the remaing +/- 1,500 vehicles spoken for? Any dealer out there willing to order one at MSRP? I'm in N.E. Florida

I've been looking for a race red convertible for a few months, I've found cars close to what I want but missing the recaros or nav. there are a few verts on cars.com at MSRP depending on what color you want, this black/red one in NJ has been for sale for a few weeks now at MSRP: http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=newcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=92893762&listingRecNum=2&criteria=sf1Dir%3DDESC%26mkId%3D20015%26stkTyp%3DN%26bsId%3D20202%26mdId%3D21712%26rd%3D100000%26crSrtFlds%3DstkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId-yrId-trId-bsId%26zc%3D30075%26rn%3D0%26PMmt%3D1-1-1%26stkTypId%3D28880%26sf2Dir%3DASC%26sf1Nm%3Dprice%26yrId%3D47272%26sf2Nm%3Dlocation%26isDealerGrouping%3Dfalse%26trId%3D25358%26rpp%3D50%26feedSegId%3D28705&aff=national&listType=1

I've been looking for a race red convertible for a few months, I've found cars close to what I want but missing the recaros or nav. there are a few verts on cars.com at MSRP depending on what color you want, this black/red one in NJ has been for sale for a few weeks now at MSRP: http://www.cars.com/...onal&listType=1

That's actually one of the cars being discussed. Unfortunately A.A.'s showroom seems to always have cars with ridiculous prices they wind-up owning for far too long, but SOMEBODY must be paying it or they wouldn't keep doing it. I suspect they get a lot of overflow business from the greater NY area, Long Island and Westchester,

Is the Race Red 'Vert you're looking for a loaded one - i.e. every option? Only 42 Race Red convertibles have been made so far and only 16 are loaded (with or without the car cover) even without narrowing it down further by stripe - 9 with Black and 7 with White.

The only one even reasonably near you went through NC but it and the next closest one in DE were both sold. Unfortunately, the highest concentration went to the dreaded NY/NJ market.

That's actually one of the cars being discussed. Unfortunately A.A.'s showroom seems to always have cars with ridiculous prices they wind-up owning for far too long, but SOMEBODY must be paying it or they wouldn't keep doing it. I suspect they get a lot of overflow business from the greater NY area, Long Island and Westchester,

Is the Race Red 'Vert you're looking for a loaded one - i.e. every option? Only 42 Race Red convertibles have been made so far and only 16 are loaded (with or without the car cover) even without narrowing it down further by stripe - 9 with Black and 7 with White.

The only one even reasonably near you went through NC but it and the next closest one in DE were both sold. Unfortunately, the highest concentration went to the dreaded NY/NJ market.

i know, seems like race red i shard to find. I'm looking for white stripe, recaro, electronics package, and shaker audio. i can live with or without SVTPP option. I've found a few very close but one didn't have recaros and one didn't have electronics package. i've seen quite a few new ones pop up on cars.com this week so hopefully I'll find my perfect Shelby soon

i know, seems like race red i shard to find. I'm looking for white stripe, recaro, electronics package, and shaker audio. i can live with or without SVTPP option. I've found a few very close but one didn't have recaros and one didn't have electronics package. i've seen quite a few new ones pop up on cars.com this week so hopefully I'll find my perfect Shelby soon

Well, none have been made that way in Red without the Performance Package regardless of stripe color. You'd be hunting unicorns. In fact, only 4 'Verts altogether have been made that way (Electronics, Shaker, Recaro and no SVTPP) regardless of color. 1 in Grabber Blue and 2 in DIB with White Stripes and one Ingot Silver with Black. With so few '13 Convertibles being made so far (less than 500), VERY few of any particular combination exist to begin with - even among the most popular.

If the SVTPP doesn't matter, you MAY be better-off looking for a straggler '12 and adding a 2.9L Ford Racing Whipple. Hell, you can even head to the parts desk for the new taillights, grille, splitter and brakes or almost have enough for Shelby to make a SuperSnake out of it. About all you'd be missing would be the IC computer, especially since the '13 is speed-limited to the same top-end anyway. Besides, both Convertibles AND Race Red were far more popular in '12 than '13.

The ONE remote hope you have would be if Ford balances out production for the rest of the model year and finds itself with an overabundance of GT500-specific convertible hardware it needs to unload - which MAY compel it to offer extra allocation as Convertibles only. But given how even the most expensive aspects Convertibles aren't necessarily unique to the GT500, I wouldn't advise holding your breath.

They were the reason why my '08 came from Indiana. Then when I brought it there for warranty work, they didn't want to fix it. Also, the service manager wanted to know the last time I rotated the tires! On a GT500! Back in 2003 they wanted 5k over on the Mach 1's and 10k over on the Cobras. In 2008 they were originally 15 -20k over and then dropped down to 10k over. Wouldn't budge off of that. So, yeah, somebody somewhere must be paying it. I'm going to call tomorrow; but, I don't want to get my hopes upo at all. From past experience with them, I can't see them quoting sticker on it.

They were the reason why my '08 came from Indiana. Then when I brought it there for warranty work, they didn't want to fix it. Also, the service manager wanted to know the last time I rotated the tires! On a GT500! Back in 2003 they wanted 5k over on the Mach 1's and 10k over on the Cobras. In 2008 they were originally 15 -20k over and then dropped down to 10k over. Wouldn't budge off of that. So, yeah, somebody somewhere must be paying it. I'm going to call tomorrow; but, I don't want to get my hopes upo at all. From past experience with them, I can't see them quoting sticker on it.

Yeah.

They, and those of their ilk, don't even have the good sense to know what a caricature they make of themselves - especially on the sales side. But you make a good point that service often isn't much better - especially in stores where so-called "service coordinators" exist whose job is to try to sell you work and prevent you from speaking directly with the technician doing the actual work - for the very same reason stores have sales managers hide behind elevated counters and the salespeople run back and forth.

It REALLY throws a wrench in their whole mojo whenever customers insist upon doing anything that disrupts their little charade. I have no qualms about walking straight up to, and into the area containing the so-called sales managers. If he's the guy I'm actually talking with, I'm not going to let him hide - or making him come out and sit at the table. I've had more than one store that literally couldn't cope and allowed me to walk out the door because they didn't have a Plan B when they actually had to speak directly with customers.

I actually called that Queens Boulevard store with the ridiculous $125,000 price on a '13 Coupe just to bust their cajones. I especially love when salespeople want to know "when can you come down to look at the car" you already know more about than he does - but don't EVER expect a test drive. They wouldn't even quote me a different price unless I was on premises and never returned my call when I asked him to propose a realistic number. THAT's what pisses me off as a Ford shareholder - as it's a dealer abusing the territorial monopoly it's been granted for the brand it's been entrusted to represent.

Fortunately, enlightened stores DO exist that realize there's a whole lot of business to be had, and people are grateful to give it to them, just by NOT being everything most people expect car dealers to be. I'll even pay a premium for it - just to help ensure they're in business tomorrow when I want them around again. But even the store where I buy all my cars trips over its own ingrained culture every once in a while and reverts to speaking in non sequiturs and circular reasoning. At least they have redeeming features that more than make patronizing them worthwhile - and I know I can always call them out on it to both of our advantage.

Another phenomenon that's actually HELPING to improve the quality of dealers in SOME areas is the rapid rate of consolidation and acquisitions by larger dealer groups that tend to operate more like traditional business than irrational screwsters. No, they're not perfect, but theyr'e often MUCH better than the guy who used to own the local Ford store because he happened to be the only person within 20 miles with enough dough - not because he'd necessarily be any good for either the maker he represents OR their customers.

One of the key "tells" about a particular store's attitude is their propensity to speak of good product using "we" and "ours", but the maker itself as "them" and "their". More than one store has looked at me like I was a martian when I explained to them (putting on my shareholder hat) that the only reason they hold a franchise is because they've agreed to BE Ford Motor Company within the territorial monopoly they've been granted in kind. It was literally an utterly foreign concept to them. It's also why so many folded so quickly when makers stopped jamming dealer lots with over-produced cars and then paying customers to buy them.

If it weren't for products like GT500 and every other deal that was teed-up for them, a whole lot would've gone out of business decades ago, and it's been a rude awakening for those that must now exist like any other business - by earning it each day. /soapbox.

Wow, that one required a second cup of coffee, but very informative and unfortunately true.

I've tried to ask for the "shareholder" discount before without luck.

Im glaud Gaudin here in Vegas is an SVT dealer with the willingness to deal.

The only "shareholder discount" is X Plan which is available to those who've held 100 shares for 6 months or more and offered only on certain vehicles.

The only "shareholder discount" is X Plan which is available to those who've held 100 shares for 6 months or more and offered only on certain vehicles.

WOW!!!!!!!!!

I never even thought to ask the dealers I purchased the last two Ford vehicles from about a shareholder discount. Both are SVT vehicles, so I doubt they'd qualify, but I'll remember this from now on.

thank you.

Yeah.

They, and those of their ilk, don't even have the good sense to know what a caricature they make of themselves - especially on the sales side. But you make a good point that service often isn't much better - especially in stores where so-called "service coordinators" exist whose job is to try to sell you work and prevent you from speaking directly with the technician doing the actual work - for the very same reason stores have sales managers hide behind elevated counters and the salespeople run back and forth.

It REALLY throws a wrench in their whole mojo whenever customers insist upon doing anything that disrupts their little charade. I have no qualms about walking straight up to, and into the area containing the so-called sales managers. If he's the guy I'm actually talking with, I'm not going to let him hide - or making him come out and sit at the table. I've had more than one store that literally couldn't cope and allowed me to walk out the door because they didn't have a Plan B when they actually had to speak directly with customers.

It's not just Ford. Maybe it's the whole auto sales culture. I stopped by the Chevy dealer in New Smyrna Beach. They had a bright yellow ZL-1 on the floor with a 10k ADM sticker. (I guess it really does compete with the GT500 - dealer pricing wise at least!) I went right up to the elevated manager's booth and asked why. He proceeded to tell me how rare the ZL-1 is and they were only making 500 in yellow - special edition - he said. He further stated that the only other yellow one in the country was out in the state of Washington. Imagine my surprise when I went (I don't think it was more than 10 miles) up the road and the very next, that's right, the very next Chevy dealer on the same road had a yellow ZL-1 sitting out front. Think about that for a minute. If you're already lying to me in the first couple of minutes during the meet and great part of the sales process, how can I expect anything you / your dealership says to me from there on down to servicing of the vehicle to be true?

Back to A.A. Ford, you would think people by now would be onto them; but, they never seem to run out of customers. I don't get it.

Yeah what's with the elevated booth for these managers? They must be telling the truth cause they are talking down to us. Not all dealers use this method on customers. If you join SVT you get the X plan code and can get a pin.

Yeah what's with the elevated booth for these managers? They must be telling the truth cause they are talking down to us. Not all dealers use this method on customers. If you join SVT you get the X plan code and can get a pin.

You still have to find a dealer who is willing to sell a GT500 at X plan, correct?

Well so far no luck. NY wants 105k for their convertible. Every dealer down here in Florida is fixated at 10k over. Non-negotiable. Still tracking down some leads; but, alot of these dealers don't even call you back.

Sorry, Pal.

Tried to prep you for the doofus effect at the NY store. What a bunch of wankers. You should tell them that means you should be getting AT LEAST $95K in trade for yours - since Carroll died and all.

You may want to try checking each store's online inventory to ensure they each still have the car ms in question before allowing them to waste YOUR time. Too bad the dealer to jackass ratio remains so high, so I doubt it's gonna get any better.

What'd be the VERY best you'd do if I could find an open allocation to have a car made exactly as you'd want?

And prep me you did. I wasn't surprised at all with their number. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised. I thought they'd be higher than 105k. I was expecting 125k. See, the market is already deteriorating! And trust me, I've been having fun with them as well. I might have a deal cooking at only 25k over. Meanwhile, in reality land, I'd like to be at MSRP. How much over really depends on how much it's going to cost to get here. In other words, I'd pay more for a Florida car than a California car.

And prep me you did. I wasn't surprised at all with their number. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised. I thought they'd be higher than 105k. I was expecting 125k. See, the market is already deteriorating! And trust me, I've been having fun with them as well. I might have a deal cooking at only 25k over. Meanwhile, in reality land, I'd like to be at MSRP. How much over really depends on how much it's going to cost to get here. In other words, I'd pay more for a Florida car than a California car.

Contact my dealer here in Jersey. 609-448-0940

Haldeman Ford. Talk with JR. He's the mgr. They are getting another one real soon. They are listing them w/ a $10k ADM. But sold the last one for $3k over.

Good luck.

Contact my dealer here in Jersey. 609-448-0940

Haldeman Ford. Talk with JR. He's the mgr. They are getting another one real soon. They are listing them w/ a $10k ADM. But sold the last one for $3k over.

Good luck.

At least 3 is better than 10! Like a mini colonoscopy. :)

Contact my dealer here in Jersey. 609-448-0940 Haldeman Ford. Talk with JR. He's the mgr. They are getting another one real soon. They are listing them w/ a $10k ADM. But sold the last one for $3k over. Good luck.

Thanks, I'll give him a call today. Down here in Florida, 10k seems to be the standard number. And it seems to be non-negotiable. Haven't had one willing to budge off of that.

So even though my dealer here in Vegas was selling his cars at msrp, I found out that they may be delivering very many due to "slow Ford factory."

Im now told dont count on getting one this year and "maybe" sometime next year.

Getting frustrated. Next stop Acura.

Archived