TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealers who will sell @ or below MSRP

bumplime

Gotta wonder if all the guys who report buying these cars for thousands below sticker are on crack or just liars. The guys who have been convinced that these cars are rare or hard to come by remind me of the suckers who fell for the same car dealer BS when they bought the '07s and '08s. Can't help but remember all the tales about them being hard to find, investments etc. Unfortunately many of those guys who bent over at the hands of their friendly neighborhood Ford dealer got a good hard kick in the balls when they went to trade their $50,000 trophy on an F-150 and were offered 25 grand. Sorry guys, don't be suckers as many of you seem to be at this point. Let history be a valued guide, your wallet will thank you.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta wonder if all the guys who report buying these cars for thousands below sticker are on crack or just liars. The guys who have been convinced that these cars are rare or hard to come by remind me of the suckers who fell for the same car dealer BS when they bought the '07s and '08s. Can't help but remember all the tales about them being hard to find, investments etc. Unfortunately many of those guys who bent over at the hands of their friendly neighborhood Ford dealer got a good hard kick in the balls when they went to trade their $50,000 trophy on an F-150 and were offered 25 grand. Sorry guys, don't be suckers as many of you seem to be at this point. Let history be a valued guide, your wallet will thank you.

Agree, gotta wonder. Why are some buyers paying below msrp by $1000s and some paying the ADM...also by $1000s?

Im sure it has to do with local demand vs supply, add in buyers "gotta have it" factor and Dealer greed factor in hoping someone with more money than sense wanders into the showroom.

I got mine for 2300 under MSRP. Full load. Just have a good relationship with my dealer. I also bought 10 vehicles from them and have brought in friends and family to buy from them. Or it might be the crack talking not sure

I got mine for 2300 under MSRP. Full load. Just have a good relationship with my dealer. I also bought 10 vehicles from them and have brought in friends and family to buy from them. Or it might be the crack talking not sure

Good job Cobra, Thats the key...a good relationship with your dealer. Years of prior business speaks volumes...and cash! I dont have that here with Ford yet. Hopefully in the future.

Congratulations, good play. Nice to see that there are fellow enthusiasts with business skills and common sense. Enjoy the new car!

First off you evidently haven't tried to purchase a car. I spent quite a bit of time and energy trying to find a car at MSRP or a dealer that had an allocation to order one at MSRP or below MSRP. I looked at all the Internet sites presently advertising cars, 99.9% of the time the advertised price didn't include the ADM the dealer had on the car. But when you call the dealer to inquire about the car, they'll let you know very quickly the Internet price isn't their selling price. One dealer was advertising a car he had on order and didn't think he'd receive until Oct, so don't believe everything you read or see on the Internet. I've had so many dealers tell me yes, we can order the car, but wanted to talk with their Ford Rep first, only to find out they can't sell what wasn't part of their allocation(can't get an extra car). If they are allocated 1 car and sold it at or below MSRP before the demand for the car skyrocketed then they lost out on the extra profit the other dealers are now enjoying. Most small dealers in a 200 mile radius of Washington DC have sold their 1 and only car or is trying to reap a high profit by asking anywhere from $5K to as much as $30K above MSRP on a car or the order of a car.

Demand for the car at the moment is driving the price, nothing else is.

First off you evidently haven't tried to purchase a car. I spent quite a bit of time and energy trying to find a car at MSRP or a dealer that had an allocation to order one at MSRP or below MSRP. I looked at all the Internet sites presently advertising cars, 99.9% of the time the advertised price didn't include the ADM the dealer had on the car. But when you call the dealer to inquire about the car, they'll let you know very quickly the Internet price isn't their selling price. One dealer was advertising a car he had on order and didn't think he'd receive until Oct, so don't believe everything you read or see on the Internet. I've had so many dealers tell me yes, we can order the car, but wanted to talk with their Ford Rep first, only to find out they can't sell what wasn't part of their allocation(can't get an extra car). If they are allocated 1 car and sold it at or below MSRP before the demand for the car skyrocketed then they lost out on the extra profit the other dealers are now enjoying. Most small dealers in a 200 mile radius of Washington DC have sold their 1 and only car or is trying to reap a high profit by asking anywhere from $5K to as much as $30K above MSRP on a car or the order of a car.

Demand for the car at the moment is driving the price, nothing else is.

I went through 8 dealers in one day. I have never had such a hard time trying to spend $65K. I want one at MSRP and won't settle.

I think I finally found one out of state...working the deal right now.

I went through 8 dealers in one day. I have never had such a hard time trying to spend $65K. I want one at MSRP and won't settle.

I think I finally found one out of state...working the deal right now.

What was the results at Larry Miller's dealership? I would be disappointed if they had an ADM as much of a Ford and Shelby nut as he was.

Find one that matches your specs at a price you are willing to pay. That list will very quickly shrink down to about 0 cars.

Yes there are ~150 cars sitting on lots across the nation. Lots have ADMs on them.

I agree with you, I search online every Sat for a 2013 race red vert with the options I want. I have found 4 in the last month that were close to what I wanted minus an option or two. 3 of the 4 were asking for $5-$10K over MSRP. the 4th was sold at MSRP the day before I contacted them. having been doign these searches for a few weeks now, I've found if you search cars.com, then autotrader, than ebay, you can usually find a few new listings every week.

I am a broker on the side and have found a Black, black stripe loaded minus the glass roof. MSRP on the car is $67,090. Found for a buyer and then buyer wanted a vert so found one of those for them. PM me if interested, car is on the ground.

I was speaking to a local dealer today and he explained why some dealers are asking a high ADM and some do not:

"Other dealers don't want to pay the SVT dealer fee, and will buy them from SVT dealers. When this is done, they won't show up on Ford's vehicle locator program. Dealer usually mark these up over sticker because they buy them at or close to sticker from the other dealer."

I was speaking to a local dealer today and he explained why some dealers are asking a high ADM and some do not:

"Other dealers don't want to pay the SVT dealer fee, and will buy them from SVT dealers. When this is done, they won't show up on Ford's vehicle locator program. Dealer usually mark these up over sticker because they buy them at or close to sticker from the other dealer."

I believe that SVT dealers are doing this also. Koons Ford in Sterling and Falls Church VA have sold 5 cars between the two dealerships. I know they are a SVT dealer, but I don't believe that they have that much pull with Ford to have this many cars in such a short time. The $30K above MSRP that they are asking made me think they bought the cars else where and are making a profit on top of the originating dealers profit.

I believe that SVT dealers are doing this also. Koons Ford in Sterling and Falls Church VA have sold 5 cars between the two dealerships. I know they are a SVT dealer, but I don't believe that they have that much pull with Ford to have this many cars in such a short time. The $30K above MSRP that they are asking made me think they bought the cars else where and are making a profit on top of the originating dealers profit.

30 grand over indeed. No wonder why people hate car dealers. Why not just make it 100 grand over at that point. As if anyone is going to pay 90K for a Mustang that already has an astronomical price tag. The nonsense is unending and has gone on continuously since '06.

You don't have to be an SVT dealer to sell a 2013 GT500, you just need the pay the SVT fee, $2000 which guarantees you one allocation for a 2013 and 2014 GT500.

Why are so many here concerned about allocations, SVT Certification, and all this other BS. Why would anyone spending $60,000.00 or more listen to this nonsense. EVERY business has costs, problems, and logistical issues. Those are the business owners problems not yours. There are thousands of Ford dealers in this country. Find one that has the car you like and buy it. There is no need to entertain or listen to a car dealers sob story for one minute. Tell them to save it for the next guy. The "allocation" crap is just another avenue for the retailer to create the illusion of shortage in the mind of a simple customer, don't ever allow yourself to be suckered and manipulated by that crap.

Anyone near Tampa FL can call Lyle Herb at 813-426-7233. Lyle is the Internet Sales Manager at Brandon Ford. He will sell his 2013 Shelby for sticker ($67,090). It is red coupe with white stripes and has everything except the glass roof. Was going to buy it but decided to keep my 2012 and add a Harley to the stable. Tell him Colonel Dave sent you.

What was the results at Larry Miller's dealership? I would be disappointed if they had an ADM as much of a Ford and Shelby nut as he was.

They admitted to having a ADM, but would not tell me how much over the phone. It had to be at last $5K over.

They offered a new 2013 Boss 302 to me this past week for MSRP...

They admitted to having a ADM, but would not tell me how much over the phone. It had to be at last $5K over.

Wow, there are red flags all over that one! Hopefully there is no one here stupid enough to consider doing business with grease balls like that. This stuff never ceases to amaze me.

Why are so many here concerned about allocations, SVT Certification, and all this other BS. Why would anyone spending $60,000.00 or more listen to this nonsense. EVERY business has costs, problems, and logistical issues. Those are the business owners problems not yours. There are thousands of Ford dealers in this country. Find one that has the car you like and buy it. There is no need to entertain or listen to a car dealers sob story for one minute. Tell them to save it for the next guy. The "allocation" crap is just another avenue for the retailer to create the illusion of shortage in the mind of a simple customer, don't ever allow yourself to be suckered and manipulated by that crap.

i was at a dealer today who had just got in a race red very with white stripe, exactly what I've been looking for months now. sticker was $67,500 and they sold it yesterday for $79,000!

they told me no one is selling at MSRP and they are limited production, last year they will make them, collectible since Mr. Shelby's death, etc. he had the whole song and dance down as to why I should pay ADM. Thanks but no thanks, i will continue to look else where.

i was at a dealer today who had just got in a race red very with white stripe, exactly what I've been looking for months now. sticker was $67,500 and they sold it yesterday for $79,000!

they told me no one is selling at MSRP and they are limited production, last year they will make them, collectible since Mr. Shelby's death, etc. he had the whole song and dance down as to why I should pay ADM. Thanks but no thanks, i will continue to look else where.

Take a look at my post above. There is one exactly like you want at Brandon Ford in Tampa they will sell for MSRP.

Being new to the Shelby world, maybe someone can supply a little history concerning year end sales prices? When I first started looking for a Shelby in Mar, there were a lot of dealers offering deep discounts on the 2012 models. Is this the norm for GT500's or was this because of the differences between the 2012 and the 2013? In other words, has this occurred with previous year models or was this one year only?

The discounts of the 2012 MY was mainly because of the new upgrades of the 2013. I will be making my 2013 purchase this winter when sales are slow but we will not see deep discounts like the closeout of the 2012's

Other than the 2012's, have any of the previous year models experienced large discounts when a newer model was made available?

Other than the 2012's, have any of the previous year models experienced large discounts when a newer model was made available?

Absolutely, be carefull who you take advice from on this subject. Current owners who were bent over for full sticker tend to be in denial of the fact that significant discounts on any model year are forthcoming. Invoice and rebate pricing is quite common at the end of a model year. Do some research and you will find that to be true. A friend of mine bought a brand new '08 for 38K and change when the '09s were on deck. These cars now sticker easily in the 60s! That is absolutely ridiculous. The first year or two depreciation rates on these cars is going to be ferrocious.

I ran across this car and although they want $1000 over MSRP, I thought I would mention it. The reason for the extra $1000 is because they had to buy an additional allocation from another dealer.

PM me if you are interested and I will give you the contact information.The car is located in South Dakota.

DIB with white stripes, SVTPP, SVTTP, Recaros and Shaker Pro $65,375

Here is the window sticker.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Archived