TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealers who will sell @ or below MSRP

bumplime

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vegas dealers are still asking 3-5k over sticker for 2012's! No telling what they will try to get for the 2013's.

Likely explains why these guys have 2012s still looking for a home.Ya really have to scratch your head when you see this crap. Ford gives these monkeys a fantastic product with a healthy sticker price and these geniuses have their own ideas and rebadge the cars with elevated price tags. The cars don't sell and the manufacturer has to rescue these idiots from themselves with incentives. The same retailers make this same mistake over and over again. Is it arrogance or are they really just that stupid. Kinda reminds me of the car salesman who went spastic on here a while back when another car salesman posted the invoice prices for the 2013 GT500s. Do these cavemen think that this info is hard to come by? Amazing stuff.

Just got mine ordered today for msrp. The other dealer in town added $10k to the msrp.

I could have gotten a little $ off, but would have to do it out of town, then pay for shipping.

All works out around even for me here bc Im in a smaller market.

The MSRP was $62,125 on the coupe, but by the time you pay tax, license and other fees the total was $67,245.70 FOR A MUSTANG....

That's one way to look at it. The other is performance that bests cars that cost $300,000 at a fraction of the price with phenomenally better reliability.

Even so, dealers aren't doing anybody any favors at SRP.

Crown Ford Lynbrook NY

Today the car was picked up by the customer and it was sold at MSRP.

below are some of the photos. To see more, check out my P.B. account

http://s1265.photobu...le/supersnake94

001.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

There are more Black on Black cars made so far than all stripe combinations of any other body color. Almost 1 in 8 cars are made that way.

I had anticipated that greed would get the better of many dealers out there when the 2013 Shelby started to roll out. So I put down a deposit last December, just days after learning that the car would have over 600HP. That decision got me first in line at my local dealer. Even still,my local dealer continues to blow me off for anyone and everyone who is willing to pay more than MSRP. :banghead:

P.S. If there are any dealers in So Cal that you guys can recommend--and who will actually take and deliver an order now without ADM--please let me know as I'd be happy to spend my money elsewhere. :victory:

Appropriate letter, but Im not sure it will get you anywhere unless the owner(s) take their business seriously and honor the deal. If not, Las Vegas has a great dealer that will work with you, but the wait may be longer than anticipated. I am currently 22 on the list and was told it would be at least November. Good Luck.

Appropriate letter, but Im not sure it will get you anywhere unless the owner(s) take their business seriously and honor the deal. If not, Las Vegas has a great dealer that will work with you, but the wait may be longer than anticipated. I am currently 22 on the list and was told it would be at least November. Good Luck.

WJ, Thanks for your note. You are right, it's probably a crap shoot. It's amazing how unethical some of these dealers can be.

I received a call shortly after I posted my note this evening one of the owners called to say that they would do whatever they could to make it right. I guess we will see if he's sincere or not. At least he was honest and admitted that they never actually placed the order, unlike the other two guys I had spoken to previously. That's a start. Now he claims he has to pay $9K over MSRP just to buy cars from other dealers. Funny thing is, I don't doubt that he would, provided he can sell them at $15K over.

Oh well, the pragmatic version of karma eventually catches up with people like this. You just have to be patient and allow them to self destruct all on their own. :)

If he doesn't come through, I am sure I'll find someone who will.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ridiculous, they will be under MSRP in no time, patience will pay off huge just like every other time they did this.

Yeah, ridiculous is right. These MSRP/ADM threads never cease to amaze me. Since when is paying the full sticker price for a new car ever a favorable deal. Only a sucker falls for this ADM then a "good deal" at sticker. Nobody with an ounce of financial sense pays full retail for a new car or anything else for that matter.Hard to believe people allow themselves to be suckered into this nonsense. Think about the crazy depreciation that new cars experience. A full MSRP purchase now for 60 grand is not even in the realm of a 'good deal". That car will be lucky to fetch 40 in a year or two.

Ok, I just PM'ed back a couple of you who wanted to know more about some unused allocations. I have 2 leads on cars that you can order. PM me for details, but here is the gist:

- He currently has a "superman" car on order. This is DIB/red stripes. I believe it is fully optioned except for the glass roof. This car is supposed to schedule anytime now for an August build. There is still time to change the color and maybe some of the options. This is being sold at MSRP. If you want this, you need to move ASAP as it is scheduling soon.

- Another dealer has an unordered guaranteed allocation. When it will build is not known, but you might be able to find out from the dealer. All I know is the allocation is unused and guaranteed and you can order to your specs. I am not sure if it is MSRP, you'd have to ask the dealer.

Yeah, ridiculous is right. These MSRP/ADM threads never cease to amaze me. Since when is paying the full sticker price for a new car ever a favorable deal. Only a sucker falls for this ADM then a "good deal" at sticker. Nobody with an ounce of financial sense pays full retail for a new car or anything else for that matter.Hard to believe people allow themselves to be suckered into this nonsense. Think about the crazy depreciation that new cars experience. A full MSRP purchase now for 60 grand is not even in the realm of a 'good deal". That car will be lucky to fetch 40 in a year or two.

This would hold water if they are easy to attain. These are becoming harder to get a allocation and it comes down to supply and demand. Now paying a ADM is another kettle of fish.

Show me a Performance White stripe delete with SVTPP and no other options for MSRP or less within 1500 miles of California.

Snoopy,

I may have a lead for you. Let me check tomorrow and I'll pass the info along...

Why would I need to find you a car?

Because you are always coming on here and stating how easy it is to find one of these cars and how plentiful they are and how anyone who paid MSRP was nuts, so I thought I would see what you would do when someone actually challenged you to put your money where you mouth was and prove your point.

Because you are always coming on here and stating how easy it is to find one of these cars and how plentiful they are and how anyone who paid MSRP was nuts, so I thought I would see what you would do when someone actually challenged you to put your money where you mouth was and prove your point.

Stop drinking the Kool Aide! Its really sad to see knuckle heads believing that these cars are hard to find. Look on Ebay, Cars.com, Oodle, Autotrader, etc. You will find more GT500s, instock, unsold, looking for a home than you could ever afford to buy. Would the retailers be huxstering these cars on the internet if they had local buyers, obviously not. Wow, what don't some of you goons understand.

I paid msrp for my Performance White with Sonic Blue stripes locally in Las Vegas. My local dealer is Gaudin Ford. Great knowledge and service, and deals with Shelby American all the time, which is just up the road.

My options were finding an out of state car where I could get $500-$100 below msrp, then paying $1000 to ship it in.

Will it arrive damaged? Extra miles on it? Someones banana peel on the back seat (yes, it happened) Who knows?

The other local dealer, Friendly Ford, wanted $10k over msrp and wouldnt budge, they will never get any of my business again despite me buying from them before.

I would also like to believe that my local purchase would get me some perks with my local dealer as well. ? Comp my first oil change, discounted parts, whatever.

These things make paying msrp locally worth it for me.

Archived