TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shift Points...

stpracer43

Curious to know if anyone has used the "Change Shift Point" on the onboard computer system? Factory setting is 3000 RPM, and I suppose it really depends on each person's driving style, but wondering what kinds of adjustments have been made? How far up (or down)... a couple hundred RPMs or more?

Most of my driving for next couple months will be stop-n-go city driving... anybody made changes for similar driving conditions?

Thanks,

Keith

Curious to know if anyone has used the "Change Shift Point" on the onboard computer system? Factory setting is 3000 RPM, and I suppose it really depends on each person's driving style, but wondering what kinds of adjustments have been made? How far up (or down)... a couple hundred RPMs or more?

Most of my driving for next couple months will be stop-n-go city driving... anybody made changes for similar driving conditions?

Thanks,

Keith

Does that just change when the shift light comes on?

If so, set it to 15000 RPM's so you never see it again imo.

The upshift light is not really a function of RPM. It senses when the engine is lightly loaded and tells you to shift to a higher gear for economy. You can be driving at a constant RPM on level road in, say, fifth, with the shift light burning brightly, and if you start up an incline and add a little juice to keep constant speed the light will go out even though the RPM has remained constant. Not sure what the 'Change Shift Point' setting does - first I've seen it discussed.

The upshift light is not really a function of RPM. It senses when the engine is lightly loaded and tells you to shift to a higher gear for economy. You can be driving at a constant RPM on level road in, say, fifth, with the shift light burning brightly, and if you start up an incline and add a little juice to keep constant speed the light will go out even though the RPM has remained constant. Not sure what the 'Change Shift Point' setting does - first I've seen it discussed.

I hate the shift light - got used to it in my 04, but always hated the snicker from a passenger when they saw the thing go off all the time.

Any way to disable it in the new models without flashing the computer?

Thanks,

Keith

Keith,

The "change shift point' function only changes the "SVT" shift lamp and audio on the Tach. The "other" shift lamp on the speedo is for fuel efficiency--I have no idea how, or if you can change/eliminate it.

If anyone knows please tell the group. I for one would turn it off if I could.

Stuart

Keith,

The "change shift point' function only changes the "SVT" shift lamp and audio on the Tach. The "other" shift lamp on the speedo is for fuel efficiency--I have no idea how, or if you can change/eliminate it.

Stuart

+1 - I tried to get rid of it by changing the shift light but it did nothing. I turned off the shift light all together and the tone. I can see putting it on when on the track but not for messing around day to day....the damn little arrow for gas milage is still there though....could be a good place for a strip of black electical tape :)

Changed mine to 5600 RPM. Still haven't hit that point yet.

Messed with mine a little, but gave up on it was having too much fun listening to the motor/blower for it to bug me, 1st and 2nd the rev limiter kills you at 6,000 but 3rd gear i've had briefly to 6,200-6,300RPM real fun and it seemed to want more, but don't want to be picking up part's , HE,HE :yup: I'll recheck my :read:

Messed with mine a little, but gave up on it was having too much fun listening to the motor/blower for it to bug me, 1st and 2nd the rev limiter kills you at 6,000 but 3rd gear i've had briefly to 6,200-6,300RPM real fun and it seemed to want more, but don't want to be picking up part's , HE,HE :yup: I'll recheck my :read:

Take it to 5200 rpm in 5th, and you'll be going 158 mph with stock rear end gears. This is the speed at which, my speed limiter kicked in. It was still climbing strongly.

Thanks,

Keith

6,000 and if you're quick you'll be able to beat the rev limiter at 6,250. Unless you just like watching the SVT logo lite up, change it. Or if you DO like it to light up, you can keep it on solid.

And no, you can't deep 6 the yellow upshift light without screwing around with more that you're going to want to unless you're a mechanic.

bj

Keith,

Stuart

Thanks - wasn't concerned so much about the light... have the SVT on all the time. More of a driving style question -- how hard are folks pushing their cars especially in "city" driving.

I too, have been just over the 6,000 mark and didn't worry about the preset shift point.

Just curious mostly.

Keith

Archived