TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby 1000 Hood

MakingHole

You can tell it has a dome in the center of the hood that forces the vent at a slight angle...no idea what it is fabricated from but if you check the initial 1000 release...I firmly planted myself at the front of the line to purchase one if it becomes available...lol...

I'm sure it will never be sold like the KR but you never know..

You can tell it has a dome in the center of the hood that forces the vent at a slight angle...no idea what it is fabricated from but if you check the initial 1000 release...I firmly planted myself at the front of the line to purchase one if it becomes available...lol...

I'm sure it will never be sold like the KR but you never know..

The spec sheet says the hood is fiberglass. The underside is finished, but doesn't have a hood liner. It seems to be sprayed in a material that looked similar to spray on truck bed liner (dark grey with a slighty rough textured feel).

The spec sheet says the hood is fiberglass. The underside is finished, but doesn't have a hood liner. It seems to be sprayed in a material that looked similar to spray on truck bed liner (dark grey with a slighty rough textured feel).

Thanks for the info......maybe this will be the new SS hood as well.

They have been working on a new hood that never seems to get released for the 2010 + models.....I certainly hope this is it......or....it could be one of those exclusive Shelby 1000 parts that you need a letter fron God himself, a dna sample, rights to your first born, letter from your bank, signed affidavids fron ten of your closest friends, school records, military records, 25 pieces of photo ID, a stack of bibles + your vin number to get.

Thanks for the info......maybe this will be the new SS hood as well.

They have been working on a new hood that never seems to get released for the 2010 + models.....I certainly hope this is it......or....it could be one of those exclusive Shelby 1000 parts that you need a letter fron God himself, a dna sample, rights to your first born, letter from your bank, signed affidavids fron ten of your closest friends, school records, military records, 25 pieces of photo ID, a stack of bibles + your vin number to get.

At $210,000 for the car I would venture to say even god can't get you one of these hoods...

• 2 weeks later...

Hood is a non stock item allright, but what about the wheels?

On this video, the Shelby 1000 wears ALCOA's

It is a preproduction Shelby 1000 of course.

The front wheels look stock (20x9) and the tires look skinny stock (255-35-20 / SS size)

But the rear wheels are not looking like 20x10 anymore...and the tires look much wider than 275-35-20 (!)...

Any info on this?

Widened rears?

Widened frt. put on the rear axle?

Archived