TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help...trying to remove oil pressure sender

scpinto

I am installing the Ford Racing dash pod with autometer gauges and am working on the oil pressure sensor. I need to remove the stock oil sender, install a braided steel line in it's place leading to a block where I will have the new autometer sender and the stock sender conntected. I can see where the stock sender is next to the oil filter, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it out. All the searches I do on the web say use a wrench, but I can't seem to find a tool that will fit in there and I am not even sure what size it is.

I am sure someone out there has installed an aftermarket oil press. gauge and was wondering how you guys got that factory sensor out?

I removed the oil filter and had enough room to put in an angled T adapter so I now have the stock pressure sender and the autometer right next to the oil filter. I used a wrench but forget what size. Yes it was an exercise in patience but it only took about 15 minutes. I haven't had a leak in over 10k miles since the instal becuase i used liquid teflon on all the threads. I do remember how I got the right wrench size before I started .... I went to the auto parts store and asked them if Icould see a stock oil sending unit and checked the size with one of their wrenches! They didn't mind because I let them check out the Shelby!!

I removed the oil filter and had enough room to put in an angled T adapter so I now have the stock pressure sender and the autometer right next to the oil filter. I used a wrench but forget what size. Yes it was an exercise in patience but it only took about 15 minutes. I haven't had a leak in over 10k miles since the instal becuase i used liquid teflon on all the threads. I do remember how I got the right wrench size before I started .... I went to the auto parts store and asked them if Icould see a stock oil sending unit and checked the size with one of their wrenches! They didn't mind because I let them check out the Shelby!!

So just a box end or cresent is what you used? Nothing with a special angle to it?

Archived