TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How does RIV determine fuel economy for 2011 GT500

stmarcink

I'm looking at importing a 2011 GT500 into Canada. The RIV(registar of imported vehicles) charges a "Green Fee" for gas guzzlers at the border when paying import fees. I understand the 11 GT500 gets 15MPG/23MPG City/Highway. What number does RIV use? They charge $1000-$3000 depending on the results once converted to L/100km.

Steve

stmarcink, I imported a 2011 GT500 (in 2011) and paid no gas guzzler or green fee. The mileage for the 2010s and newer improved enough to aviod the charge. I had a copy of the US rated mileage on my window sticker and I also carried a copy of the Canadian rating from the Ford sales web site along with a link. The Customs folks on the Cdn side of the border weren't so sure until they finally found their own manual which has all of the Canadian rating which confirmed that there is no gas guzzler fee for a 2011 GT500.

What are you looking at?

2011 Red/White SVTPP and Nav. I have confimed with RIV that there is no gas guzzler or green fee with this car. You can find the information on the Natural Resouces Canada web site under fuel consumption guide. Now I just have to figure out how to drive it from Detroit to Ontario? I can't get a trip permit from Ontario. I can't get one from NC without going there myself. I might see if I can borrow a dealer plate from someone here in Ontario.

Steve

Got a temp plate from the dealer in the State I purchased from. The RIV part 1 form which you get at the border is suppose to be good in Ontario until you get to Canadian Tire for the Part 2. Might want to check on this though...

I would highly recommend going to check out the vehicle in person before putting the full amount down.

Archived