TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Next Generation Mustang

colt

Well Ford made that mistake once or twice before. They could do it again.

I disagree with this statement - "and the retro styling trend that it spurred at the beginning of the decade has passed."

Even Dodge with their 4 door Charger is still trying to make it look more retro. (as if they can ever capture the original Charger's essence with 4 doors)

Honestly though, a slightly smaller Mustang with a fastback look might be a good thing. Assuming they make the aerodynamics better than the fox body hatchback.

If it is the basis for the next gen, as I suspect it definately is, l hope they get past the Aston Martin, I mean Fusion/Taurus/Focus/Fiesta grille shape. I agree that it could stand to lose a bit of the girth but it needs to keep some of the essense of past Mustangs in styling. Retro is not necessary, but some styling cues of the past are still important to keep the pony car feel. Long nose short deck, c-shape in sides, tri-sectioned taillights, etc.

I had seen the Evos concept a while back and thought it was a nice car itself and I feared it might be the way the Musang was going to go. As I've seen posted other places, it's a nice looking car, but a Mustang it is not! Plenty of people around the world would LOVE to have a true Mustang sold in their country. Instead of changing the entire design of the Mustang to fit the world, maybe they should open up some powerplant options and run with that...

I'm counting on that next Mustang to look good - and if so, probably in 2015, I might add it next to my Shelby GT in the garage...a convertible...

I'm counting on that next Mustang to look good - and if so, probably in 2015, I might add it next to my Shelby GT in the garage...a convertible...

I'm with you I want to add another one after my kids out of college in 5 yrs. I hope they don't change that drastic. They should take the cue from Porsche by keeping the heritage looks and continue to work on output and handling.

They should take the cue from Porsche by keeping the heritage looks and continue to work on output and handling.

+1. The Porsche 911 is indeed a great example to follow. This is a car that has changed a lot over the past 50 years, but its look has evolved in a very subtle way, and to this day, cannot be confused with anything else on the road.

This is the best they can do? It's a generation-X frankenstiens monster, there must be 50+ style ques on this loser, from every euro sport wanna be I can imagine............FORD!! when are you going to stop killing the Mustang? I'm glad I got mine while the car still represented the heart and soul of AMERICAN MUSCLE not some gen-x/y/z foo-foo euro interpritation. God save us from DUMB-ASSES.......Long Live the Memory of Americas late great Mustang. :rockon::rant2::cry::nonono::club::sos:

• 2 weeks later...

That looks terrible! It's too short and stubby, has an awkward hind quarter, and the lower air dam is just ugly! It's hard enough to fit 4 passengers in it now, even a 5 year old would be squished in that back seat area! Too much photoshop and not enough styling, an epic fail for a next gen Mustang!

Why are you guys getting so upset over nothing? These are not Ford's ideas....they are produced by guessers.

Why are you guys getting so upset over nothing? These are not Ford's ideas....they are produced by guessers.

No worries, I'm not upset. I know it's an outside illustration, but I am concerned the direction will not be favorable for us muscle car enthusiasts.

When I first found information on the 2015 Mustang it really made me sick. I thought to myself. Here we go again. Mustangs IIs. It's like they did to the Cougar. There are going to be a lot of upset Mustang owners. Best keep my 2012 for a while. What are these car companies thinking?

No worries, I'm not upset. I know it's an outside illustration, but I am concerned the direction will not be favorable for us muscle car enthusiasts.

I am concerned about that also. Ford is in a real quandry here, and whenver I hear the work "global" I know there is going to be a problem. Mustang should remain strictly, as close as humanly possible, AMERICAN. I don't want it to be an Australian chassis built in Canada like the Camaro. But, there is probably no stopping that aspect of it, so please Ford, stay with something closer to the current (and make sure it still has adequate front legroom)!

I am concerned about that also. Ford is in a real quandry here, and whenver I hear the work "global" I know there is going to be a problem. Mustang should remain strictly, as close as humanly possible, AMERICAN. I don't want it to be an Australian chassis built in Canada like the Camaro. But, there is probably no stopping that aspect of it, so please Ford, stay with something closer to the current (and make sure it still has adequate front legroom)!

+1. Global is fine for mainstream sedans and small SUVs. The new Focus, Escape and upcoming Fusion are good looking vehicles in my opinion. However, the Mustang should definitely remain an American car and look like one. "Global" musclecar is an oxymoron; this category of vehicles is typically american. Trying to redesing these types of cars to appeal to European customers does not make much sense. If you gain some sales in Europe doing that, it would not be enough to compensate for lost sales in North America.

That is a little better.

The front looks mean.

The running horse on the rear deck panel looks silly and will never happen..

Sorry, my opinion still says "SUCKS"

The good news: No matter what people think of the 2015 Mustang (redesign is intended for the younger generation and a global appeal), our S197 Shelby Mustangs will always evoke the classic 1960s styling that put Mustang on the map in the first place. :)

PROPER PRIOR PLANNING PREVENTS PISS POOR PERFORMANCE..... I made my first comments on this topic prior to the Great mans passing and they were harsh, justifiably so IMHO. If any one from FORD reads this, I suggest they consider the following, I am simply a consumer... I own a Shelby/Mustang because the product moved me... the look,stance,power and heritage of the 2008+ Mustang made me want to invest in the Shelby/Mustang family,haritage and legacy. Think on this FORD, the only man capable of pulling youre ass out of the fire with this desighn failure has gone from us. SO you can put lipstick on this pig but it will NEVER be a "Shelby". So, Ford MoCo.....if youre looking at the Gen XY and Zers to carry you into the future, you may want to re-consider, they are at home living with mommy and daddy and smokin dope.! In youre future planning, consider this, I'm a "Baby Boomer" and we are just now old enough to chase our dreams. Don't kill the Mustang, I'm sure my brother Boomers would like an opportunity to own the same great car as me.

:soapbox:

Archived