TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Value is Sarasota Fl

CSY

Hi,

I'm considering selling my 2010 Grabber blue, white stripe coupe, but not sure what to expect to get for it. The car is in perfect condition, never modified or raced, not a scratch or door ding. HID, Car Cover, No electronics package and 10,500 miles. Put a rear set of Hankook V12 on it, 800 miles ago.

KBB had retail - 43,000

NADA had retail - 42,000

Would like to hear some opinions of listing price and what I could expect to get in Sarasota Fl.

Also, Lexus of Sarasota offered me $35,000 just to buy it out right, not a trade-in.

Thanks in advance...

id ask 39,500 and use Autotrader--i find i get the most calls using them--- if it were a vert in Fl youd get alot more,but oh well

I appreciate the input Torched. I'm reluctant and don't need to sell it so just want to get the best possible price if I decide to sell.

Hi,

I'm considering selling my 2010 Grabber blue, white stripe coupe, but not sure what to expect to get for it. The car is in perfect condition, never modified or raced, not a scratch or door ding. HID, Car Cover, No electronics package and 10,500 miles. Put a rear set of Hankook V12 on it, 800 miles ago.

KBB had retail - 43,000

NADA had retail - 42,000

Edmund had 37,200 private sell

Would like to hear some opinions of listing price and what I could expect to get in Sarasota Fl.

Also, Lexus of Sarasota offered me $35,000 just to buy it out right, not a trade-in.

Thanks in advance...

Hello CSY,

I have the same Shelby as you, I am in Tampa.

I am curious as well but mine has only 3000 miles. I have not seen this color combo anywhere in the state and I have been to many shows.

I am considering selling mine also.

I would think 40-44k

Hey Lads,

I am from Tampa also with a GB w/white stripe Shelly. I been looking selling it for a few days now and i was offered anything from 33,3 to 36k. I want to sell it as close to 40K as i can cause i have a 7y/100k (covers everything but the clutch) warranty package. So far no luck though.

Based on my recent conversation with two dealers as I was looking to buy, on the last day of the month even while they were down 10 cars from goal, they just did not want to move much on a Shelby trade. They told me that the market for the SGT and GT500 has pretty much crashed with the 2013/650hp. Someone that can afford the retail of $43 is waiting or just adding more and buying the 13 rather than an older GT500. This means they are having to discount them and bring in a lower price point buyer from the usual Mustang GT market and bring them up. I think, if you want to sell, and money is the issue, a wait on a private sale and hope someone that's passionate about the color etc., will pony up the money...no pun intended.

Good luck!

Based on my recent conversation with two dealers as I was looking to buy, on the last day of the month even while they were down 10 cars from goal, they just did not want to move much on a Shelby trade. They told me that the market for the SGT and GT500 has pretty much crashed with the 2013/650hp. Someone that can afford the retail of $43 is waiting or just adding more and buying the 13 rather than an older GT500. This means they are having to discount them and bring in a lower price point buyer from the usual Mustang GT market and bring them up. I think, if you want to sell, and money is the issue, a wait on a private sale and hope someone that's passionate about the color etc., will pony up the money...no pun intended.

Good luck!

I hear what you are saying, that being said, 2010 or 2011 with low mileage at 40-43 is a no brainer. The 2013 will be 60+. Also, if you have to have the 600 hp, which btw is way to much for these cars it can be had for far less money by modifying the 2010, 2011. No matter what year used these cars are a bargin at almost any price. Years ago Ford guy's would have given anything to have 500+ hp in a mustang. Now it's here and most people think everybody has one and that's not the case. As many as Ford has sold one doe's still not see and abundance on the road or at shows.

Hey Lads,

I am from Tampa also with a GB w/white stripe Shelly. I been looking selling it for a few days now and i was offered anything from 33,3 to 36k. I want to sell it as close to 40K as i can cause i have a 7y/100k (covers everything but the clutch) warranty package. So far no luck though.

Wow! Another one in Tampa, I have not seen you. Where have you been hiding? How many miles? Also, FYI, if you sell the car you can sell the warranty back to Ford. IMOP, Should bring at least 40K depending on miles and how clean.

I hear what you are saying, that being said, 2010 or 2011 with low mileage at 40-43 is a no brainer. The 2013 will be 60+. Also, if you have to have the 600 hp, which btw is way to much for these cars it can be had for far less money by modifying the 2010, 2011. No matter what year used these cars are a bargin at almost any price. Years ago Ford guy's would have given anything to have 500+ hp in a mustang. Now it's here and most people think everybody has one and that's not the case. As many as Ford has sold one doe's still not see and abundance on the road or at shows.

I hear ya! I'm just relaying their thinking based upon what they are seeing and many instances of the country will be different. They had a 2012 with Track Pack discounted BIG time and couldn't get rid of it. It went to auction last week.

In any case it's finding the right buyer that's willing to pay the $$$ and wants THAT car. Logic that makes sense to you and I doesn't factor in many buyer heads. For example mileage. When you look to that you're asking the buyer to decide of the price delta is worth the mileage delta. In many cases, especially to you or I, it does! But to someone else that intends to drive it...and is more concerned with the monthly payment, maybe not. On the other hand you might have the right milage and but the wrong color...though I'm partial to GB myself! ;-)

The good here is that you're not a motivated seller so you can list it for what you think it's worth and take a wait and see!

Wow! Another one in Tampa, I have not seen you. Where have you been hiding? How many miles? Also, FYI, if you sell the car you can sell the warranty back to Ford. IMOP, Should bring at least 40K depending on miles and how clean.

Lol. I haven't been hiding. I live over on Westshore. I got 21k and i am heading over to Ferman to sell them their warranty pack back to them.

Well, I posted it on CL for $39,700 and was offered my asking in 2 days...couldn't do it, afraid I'll really regret it and have deleted the ad.

:hysterical2:

I laugh with sympathy! I have a hard enough time selling my nothing-speical Honda motorcycle. I am going to be a wreck when it comes time to sell the GT500, even if I have a new 2025 GT500 UltraSnake sitting in the driveway! And the '67 will never, ever, be sold. I will sell everything else and live in it until I die if necessary.

What was your replacement plan? 2013 GT500? Some lesser vehicle? ;)

:D Go ahead laugh, didn't think I'd get an offer so quick. I'm really torn on what to do, got too many toys and I don't have to sell it but got some space issue. Got a bike that I should get rid of, too - 1983 GS1100E with only 3000 miles and looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor, just cant bring myself to sell it. It's real collector's item.

As far as replacement, don't really like much, thinking about a low mile Lexus LS460 :boring: .

Howdy Boys- I live in Sarasota and i'll be looking to pick up a vert in the next year. I want to see what happens to the 2012's (if there are any left in a color I want) once the '13's come out to decide which to buy.

Who did you guys buy from?

I'd love to find a great dealer anywhere from Tampa down to Port Charlotte to buy from.

Thanks- Melford

• 3 weeks later...

I bought my 2012 Snake at Autoway Ford in Bradenton. Best price I saw anywhere nationwide at the time (10 Apr 2012). They don't have any 2012s left but you might give them a shout when they get in some 2013s. Talk to Pam (one of the sales managers). Have bought 3 cars from her. No BS and great service.

Archived