TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mr. & Mrs. Grabber

Today I Sprayed the entire exterior of the shop with Sherwin Williams "Super" paint. It has a 25 year warranty supposedly. My wife helped with all the masking and clean up and masking removal. Not to mention serving me cold drinks every hour. :)

Now I need to get the trim painted. Much easier job.

028.jpg
027.jpg

My 2Cents...

I met Rob years ago in cyberspace and in the flesh at the 50th Anniversary in Las Vegas. I am proud to call him a friend and know many others that have benefitted from his technical and experience-based posts.

Further, his spiritualism and coaching those with substance abuse issues have him in line for sainthood - IMHO.

Rob (Grabber) is "The Real Deal." WYSIWYG! How can anyone find fault with with a TS Member that utilizes this site to the fullest?

My recommendation for those who "don't get where Rob is coming from," all you have to do is "change the channel" to something else...

-Quadcam

P1020416.jpg

Grabber - Quadcam - JerseyGator

Grabber is a true gentleman. I don't give a crap whether his thread is pinned or not.

I am another of Rob aka "Grabber" friends.

As QC and others have said, a great guy, do anything for you and who folking cares if this is pinned. :)

Rob has contributed to this web site for years. I remember his little birdy friend back when we were Stangs Unleashed.

I can't count how many folks stress levels he has helped reduce by his thoughtlessness, and his many photos. :clapping:

We had a great time at Dearborn 2011 and hope some day to go to his annual Shelby Event. :victory:

Rob helping out by driving my Shelby to door for pictures, Romeo Engine Plant;

NicheLineEngine_49ksphotos2011.jpg

NicheLineEngine_12ksphotos2011.jpg

JDB,

I see you now have 148 post, most of which are complaining, bitching or moaning about one thing or another. WTF is your problem? Rob is a great guy and a friend to many here, not to mention an asset to this site. This is just a suggestion but why don't you try contributing something positive to this site instead of being such a Dick?

I agree with these posts. Rob is a wonderful person and an asset to this forum. If someone has a problem with these threads than move on to something more to your liking. I enjoy them so I'll hang around.

I'm lucky and honored to call Rob, Tana and David my friends.

Grabber, I enjoy the read and views. Keep 'em coming.

OK. After I get the trim all painted, I will post up some pic's of the finished product. I took the light fixtures down so I would not get any paint on them and my wife took them all apart and detailed them. So cool of her to do that. The masking took 3-1/2 hours to do and the painting took 8 hours to complete, including the clean up. My arms got a work out today swinging that little paint sprayer. Tana just gave me a few Advil's to relax the muscles.

Lawn has recovered !

Wish it was cool outside here

I got the super paint on my home and still can touch it up and matches seven years now, looks like new still

How many times did you have to reload that small sprayer?

It look nice and clean, nice job as usually Rob :camera:

Lawn has recovered !

Wish it was cool outside here

I got the super paint on my home and still can touch it up and matches seven years now, looks like new still

How many times did you have to reload that small sprayer?

It look nice and clean, nice job as usually Rob :camera:

Hans,

When I built the shop in 2001 I used Miller paint. Then in 2005 I painted it with Super Paint. Now 8-1/2 years later I am putting another coat of the super paint on the shop. Since it is the 3rd coat of paint in 12-1/2 years it does not soak the paint up, I used 7 gallons of the Sherwin Williams "Super Paint" to coat the entire 30X48 foot building. The doors are 12X12 feet square. I painted those too. I still have the White trim to paint at the next weather break. Rob

The weather finally broke and we had a 72 degree day. Tomorrow will be 72 as well. Need to get out in the car tomorrow for sure. Anyways I put 2 coats of white "Duration" paint by Sherwin Williams on all the trim today. I am now done with the paint job. This drug out for a month due to the weather. Working week ends only on this weather dependent job is difficult in the NW in the fall months.

020.jpg
018.jpg
013-3.jpg
012-3.jpg
011-2.jpg
010-2.jpg
009-2.jpg
008-2.jpg
007-2.jpg
006-2.jpg
004-2.jpg
003-2.jpg

Even had time to mow and edge all the grass. Spent 9 hours outside today. Had the tunes cranked and enjoyed the day. The fall colors on the trees are a tell tale sign of Winter coming.

022.jpg

021.jpg

019.jpg

017.jpg

016.jpg

015-2.jpg

014-2.jpg

Looks real nice glad the lawn recovered, looks like you got three blue spruces together, I like the grouping, your home and garage looks wonderful, always lots of work to keep it all up not to mention those cars of yours.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We still have 8 inches of snow on the ground here in WA from 4 days ago and got hit with some freezing rain this morning.

004.jpg

Try this:

1/3 cup of white vinegar, 2/3 cup of water. Put it in a spray bottle and squirt it on your windshield.

Ice is GONE.

Phill

Try this:

1/3 cup of white vinegar, 2/3 cup of water. Put it in a spray bottle and squirt it on your windshield.

Ice is GONE.

Phill

Thanks for the tip Phil.

Been spending the last 4 days in the house with Tana & David. We have been watching lots of movies and eating good food. Tana just maid a big batch of home made Chili. I think this is the last week end that David is going to be living in our home. Feeling very strange about that. Very strange. Trying to really enjoy the last days with him here.

009.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

002.jpg

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the tip Phil.

Been spending the last 4 days in the house with Tana & David. We have been watching lots of movies and eating good food. Tana just maid a big batch of home made Chili. I think this is the last week end that David is going to be living in our home. Feeling very strange about that. Very strange. Trying to really enjoy the last days with him here.

009.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

002.jpg

Rob, has the snow melted yet? :lurk:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sat morning at 8am Tana and I will be doing our 2nd Tough Mudder. This year it is in Lebanon Oregon at Lester Farms. We are in the first wave release at 8am. We will be spending the night before the event in town so we can be very rested and ready to compete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOawfAhWYyk#t=42