TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mr. & Mrs. Grabber

These photos were prior to the Tough Mudder event

008.jpg

006.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

After doing Tough Mudder, they had a clean up area where we could hose off and change into some clean cloths for the drive home. Here is a pic of the 2 of us after we hosed off and put on our finishers shirts and head bands.

019.jpg

018.jpg

015.jpg

012.jpg

011.jpg

023.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My neighbor is having a estate sale tomorrow. I spotted these 2 bikes in the garage. They were basically never used. Picked the 2 of them up for $75 bucks each. They had cob webs and flat tires from sitting in the garage for 4 years. Took me about 30 minutes to have them looking like new. Tana just loves them. We went for a nice ride this evening.

They are (2) 2008 Schwinn Cruiser SS . Replicas from 1955 era. They ride so nice and feel so sturdy. Big Leather comfortable seats too. Looks like these had a MSRP cost of $240 new. Check out the specifications: http://www.mazlow.com/details.asp?view=yes&id=438&type=Cruiser

• 1955 Design Schwinn Cantilever Frame
  • Shimano Single-Speed Hub w/ Coaster Brake
  • Alloy Rims & Whitewall Tires

006.jpg
005.jpg
004.jpg
003.jpg
002.jpg
001.jpg

I have a feeling a few mods will be in the works for these two SS cruisers. :happy feet:

Those are COOL! My wife and I bought his/hers Schwinn Mountain bikes. They don't have the 'cool factor' your beach cruisers have but they're really nice bikes, for the price.

Grabber: Where are the "after" shots from your mud run? A real good friend of mine does that and his after shots are worth their weight in Gold (for EXTORTION! <lol>).

Not TOO many people know what the mud run is. After pics explain it all!

Waiting patiently,

Phill

Those are COOL! My wife and I bought his/hers Schwinn Mountain bikes. They don't have the 'cool factor' your beach cruisers have but they're really nice bikes, for the price.

Grabber: Where are the "after" shots from your mud run? A real good friend of mine does that and his after shots are worth their weight in Gold (for EXTORTION! <lol>).

Not TOO many people know what the mud run is. After pics explain it all!

Waiting patiently,

Phill

Phill,

Yesterday our Finisher Plaque arrived. It has a photo of my lovely wife Tana and I after we just completed the mud mile obstical course. This photo is now on my home office wall above my desk. These 2 "over 50" youngsters are pretty proud of that plaque.

001.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

This classic photo of Tana & I in 1977 hangs right above it. Another favorite of mine. She was 15 and I was 16.

008-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just picked up a set of Red headrests for Mrs. Grabber. They really set off her interior. Nice price too. Paid $80 bucks for them. They were take offs from a friends car that just has the SuperSnake conversion done.

010-14.jpg
009-8.jpg
008-12.jpg
006-14.jpg
005-4.jpg
004-15.jpg
003-8.jpg
002-14.jpg
001-7.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I guess those wheels are the fifth's, WOW both cars ! For their look on our cars now the value of them increasing it a win and a no brainier mod.

Does the SVT sill on Tanna car light up in the center?

Love the 1977 pic you were a hand-son couple

I guess those wheels are the fifth's, WOW both cars ! For their look on our cars now the value of them increasing it a win and a no brainier mod.

Does the SVT sill on Tanna car light up in the center?

Love the 1977 pic you were a hand-son couple

Hans,

The Wheels are the same ones that came on the 2008 KR's. Ford Racing had 400 wheels and did a mass sell on e-bay to get rid of them. I bought 9 of them for $260 each + free shipping.

020.jpg

030.jpg

010-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, a pinned thread just for your cars. :worship:

No wonder you're not accustomed to negative feedback. :whistling:

Post. Of. The. Year ! LMAO!!!! Hold on, let me show you pics of the oil filter I'm putting on my GT500, in this photo you can see my finger pointing to the Ford racing logo. In the second photo you can see me holding the box that the filter comes in. In this photo you can look at me errr I mean look at my GT500s for the 8 thousandth time while I post another pic of the jack stands I use . See I'm pointing to the stands in this photo...

Rob's look at me posts never get old :)

JDB & eagledriver,

This thread is one that I have fun in. I share stuff about my family. The things in my life that matter to me. Being proud of my son in the service, my accomplishments in fitness challenges. ETC.... I also joke around and post lots of photos. Photos are free and I enjoy posting them. I do like to show off my car and my wifes car alot. Again....I enjoy having these cars. The thread being pinned makes it easy for me to find and no one has ever complained about that. I can see why and how it looks like I am full of myself and showing off. That is not my intent and if you knew me as a friend, you would see that. I try to be helpful to other GT500 owners in other more technical threads by posting TSB's as they come out so others can get there glitches with there cars fixed. So I do try to contribute to the forum in a practical way too. If you search around, you will see that.

Again, this thread is just for fun, mostly my fun.

GR :rob_grabber: BBER

I can see why and how it looks like I am full of myself and showing off.

Maybe that "condescending and arrogance" comment from the other thread would be more appropriately directed towards you rather than me, huh?

FWIW, everything else you mentioned in that last quote can be done without making a pinned thread for yourself.

Really like the red headrests! Also I see you have the very important JD tractor in the garage! LOL Always like the pictures you post and the teenage picture is really neat. We were married in 70 so have a few of those from that era, too. I was spoiled by hot cars with our first car being a 68 GTO. Now the only thing fast about us is the Shelby! Thanks again for the great pictures and also the info.

JDB & eagledriver,

This thread is one that I have fun in. I share stuff about my family. The things in my life that matter to me. Being proud of my son in the service, my accomplishments in fitness challenges. ETC.... I also joke around and post lots of photos. Photos are free and I enjoy posting them. I do like to show off my car and my wifes car alot. Again....I enjoy having these cars. The thread being pinned makes it easy for me to find and no one has ever complained about that. I can see why and how it looks like I am full of myself and showing off. That is not my intent and if you knew me as a friend, you would see that. I try to be helpful to other GT500 owners in other more technical threads by posting TSB's as they come out so others can get there glitches with there cars fixed. So I do try to contribute to the forum in a practical way too. If you search around, you will see that.

Again, this thread is just for fun, mostly my fun.

GR :rob_grabber: BBER

My 2Cents...

I met Rob years ago in cyberspace and in the flesh at the 50th Anniversary in Las Vegas. I am proud to call him a friend and know many others that have benefitted from his technical and experience-based posts.

Further, his spiritualism and coaching those with substance abuse issues have him in line for sainthood - IMHO.

Rob (Grabber) is "The Real Deal." WYSIWYG! How can anyone find fault with with a TS Member that utilizes this site to the fullest?

My recommendation for those who "don't get where Rob is coming from," all you have to do is "change the channel" to something else...

-Quadcam

P1020416.jpg

Grabber - Quadcam - JerseyGator

Edited by QuadCam

Funny how you moved it to off-topic, but it's still pinned. Some people just can't l'ego the ego. :lol:

I see the hysterical2 smiley is gone from the choices now too. :sos: Anyone know where I can find a Mod to fix that?

Edited by JDB

I am another of Rob aka "Grabber" friends.

As QC and others have said, a great guy, do anything for you and who folking cares if this is pinned. :)

Rob has contributed to this web site for years. I remember his little birdy friend back when we were Stangs Unleashed.

I can't count how many folks stress levels he has helped reduce by his thoughtlessness, and his many photos. :clapping:

We had a great time at Dearborn 2011 and hope some day to go to his annual Shelby Event. :victory:

Rob helping out by driving my Shelby to door for pictures, Romeo Engine Plant;

NicheLineEngine_49ksphotos2011.jpg

NicheLineEngine_12ksphotos2011.jpg

Edited by kstrong

Funny how you moved it to off-topic, but it's still pinned. Some people just can't l'ego the ego. :lol:

I see the hysterical2 smiley is gone from the choices now too. :sos: Anyone know where I can find a Mod to fix that?

JDB,

I see you now have 148 post, most of which are complaining, bitching or moaning about one thing or another. WTF is your problem? Rob is a great guy and a friend to many here, not to mention an asset to this site. This is just a suggestion but why don't you try contributing something positive to this site instead of being such a Dick?

Edited by ati

Maybe that "condescending and arrogance" comment from the other thread would be more appropriately directed towards you rather than me, huh?

FWIW, everything else you mentioned in that last quote can be done without making a pinned thread for yourself.

Wonder if a Mr. & Mrs. JDB thread would get pinned? :rob_grabber:

For the last three weeks I have been focusing my spare time on re-caulking all the joints on my shop. Had to replace 2 small sections of baton boards where the water got in and worked them over and made them start to rot. Also had a problem with the trim around my side shop door due to the storm door that used to be mounted on it. It caused some water damage too. So I replaced the 3 exterior door trim pieces.

009-1.jpg
007-1.jpg
006-1.jpg
005-1.jpg
003-1.jpg
002-1.jpg
001-1.jpg