TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FINALLY got the GT500KR that I've wanted for so long!

JDB

Hey guys,

I hope you won't mind welcoming a new KR owner into your group. I'm really excited to have just purchased the car that I've been patiently wanting for a very long time. Since the first public appearences, I've wanted a 40th vista blue (my preference for blue coinidentally being the rarest color lengthened my search and wait for the right car).

I cannot think of a better example of a balanced combination of design + engineering, especially when so properly executed in a retro style coupled with such historical lineage. My hats off to Ford for leading the way with retro and doing the better job compared to the Camaro and Challenger IMHO, and also to Shelby for taking it to the next level while so eloquently respecting and paying tribute to its historical roots. :rockon:

Although I can appreciate and respect the "collectors" out there who will keep their near-zero mileage beauties in climate-controlled garages for the next 30 years, my enjoyment will come with driving. I see a clear distinction between the "collector" value (i.e. usually coinciding with monetary value), and the "rarity" value, which inherently belongs to every single one of the limited-production and historically significant GT500KR's (regardless of the odometer reading). IMHO the enjoyment of my life is infinity more important than the future collector value, so I personally will find the most enjoyment with driving it. The very first thing I did when it came off the trailer was to take my wife and kids for a drive, and they were having a blast because they've never experienced such a fun car. :wub2:

Props to Ed Barnes at Capital Ford in Raleigh (forum member roush1486) for a very smooth transaction.

I've updated the registry with my info, and looking forward to seeing what KR parts are still available from Shelby.

Hey guys,

I hope you won't mind welcoming a new KR owner into your group. I'm really excited to have just purchased the car that I've been patiently wanting for a very long time. Since the first public appearences, I've wanted a 40th vista blue (my preference for blue coinidentally being the rarest color lengthened my search and wait for the right car).

I cannot think of a better example of a balanced combination of design + engineering, especially when so properly executed in a retro style coupled with such historical lineage. My hats off to Ford for leading the way with retro and doing the better job compared to the Camaro and Challenger IMHO, and also to Shelby for taking it to the next level while so eloquently respecting and paying tribute to its historical roots. :rockon:

Although I can appreciate and respect the "collectors" out there who will keep their near-zero mileage beauties in climate-controlled garages for the next 30 years, my enjoyment will come with driving. I see a clear distinction between the "collector" value (i.e. usually coinciding with monetary value), and the "rarity" value, which inherently belongs to every single one of the limited-production and historically significant GT500KR's (regardless of the odometer reading). IMHO the enjoyment of my life is infinity more important than the future collector value, so I personally will find the most enjoyment with driving it. The very first thing I did when it came off the trailer was to take my wife and kids for a drive, and they were having a blast because they've never experienced such a fun car. :wub2:

Props to Ed Barnes at Capital Ford in Raleigh (forum member roush1486) for a very smooth transaction.

I've updated the registry with my info, and looking forward to seeing what KR parts are still available from Shelby.

+1, my thoughts exactly

JDB - Welcome to the team, lots of good info shared in the forums.

Fred

IMHO the enjoyment of my life is infinity more important than the future collector value, so I personally will find the most enjoyment with driving it.

AAAAA....MEN!

I'll be long dead when my GT500 is worth anything so I'm gonna enjoy it while I'm here. My kids can fend for themselves!

Phill

Welcome! When you get a chance drop by the northeast forum. We are having the 50th anniversary celebration at Carlisle this June. It would be a blast to have your KR among hundreds of other Shelbys.

I can relate to that first drive in the "King"... Nothing else compares to it.

Andy

Thanks guys!

What an incredibly fun car to drive. Quick props also to Crossroads Ford in Cary, NC for letting me take a different KR out last Novemeber. That really helped solidify my desire to pull the trigger.

Here she is, #969 (splitter still off from transporting):

dsc08846i.jpg

Welcome aboard JDB, she looks fantastic! I agree with your philosophy on driving the car and enjoying it. To keep it in the garage or storage and leaving it there, is only benefitting the person who buys it 30 years from now. Have fun with it! And remember "Keep it between the lines"

Thanks B)

update the registry? check!

fax my registration? check!

join Team Shelby? check!

Just waiting to see what spare KR parts I might be able to purchase.

And yes, I'll be watching for a set of 20's so I can try something different every once and a while too ^_^

Archived