TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rick's ( Shelby#18) Super Snake 427 Vert Build

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you, my friends for the comments, Ricks build is incredible in all ways, His car is not only one of the first Super Snakes built, but also one of the few 427 packages with interior upgrade package.

I am not going to make excuses, but I am having a real time issues with a loss of an assistant, several house guests, and all the events that have been going on the past few weeks, so I am sorry for no updates for this build, even though it has been done for a while!!! All we are waiting for is the widened Alcoa Super Snake wheels back from the wheel place and the electric exhaust cut-outs with remote for the side exhaust.

Here are some pictures of the exhaust all back on:

4-13-12001.jpg

4-13-12002.jpg

4-13-12003.jpg

4-13-12004.jpg

4-13-12005.jpg

4-13-12006.jpg

4-13-12007.jpg

4-13-12008.jpg

4-13-12010.jpg

4-13-12011.jpg

I love the farm pic Rick!!!

Underside detail will be done when after the trans comes out for the clutch. Data logging is done and the car runs fantastic!!

Here are pictures of the VMP supercharger inlet going on (you can see the difference in sizes stock to the VMP casting), port matching the supercharger case to inlet, Ford Racing twin 65mm throttle body, and the 2.59 pulley...

4-12-12001.jpg

4-12-12002.jpg

4-12-12003.jpg

4-12-12004.jpg

4-12-12005.jpg

4-12-12006.jpg

4-12-12007.jpg

And now all back together....

4-13-12012.jpg

4-13-12013.jpg

4-13-12014.jpg

Alex

Here are the take off parts that are all for sale. If you are interested, please email me at Alex@MackenzieMustang.com. Please do not PM as my box fills up fast and I am not on TS everyday. Also available, but not shown are the stock Pirelli rear 27535ZR20 tires, stock TVS 3" supercharger pulley, and the Bassani high-flow cats that go with the Bassani X-pipe. All parts are cleaned up and in perfect condition. All reasonable offers will be considered and I ship Fed Ex Ground every 2 days.

Eibach rear shocks, part of the Super Snake and 40th package, will fit all 05-12 Mustang:

4-24-12001.jpg

4-24-12002.jpg

4-24-12003.jpg

Eibach rear coil springs and adjustable ride height perches, part of the Super Snake and 40th package, will fit all 05-12 Mustang:

4-24-12004.jpg

4-24-12005.jpg

4-24-12006.jpg

Stock lower control arms, will fit all 05-12 Mustang:

4-24-12010.jpg

4-24-12011.jpg

4-24-12012.jpg

Stock heat exchanger, perfect shape, will fit all 07-10 GT500 or can be retrofitted to other supercharged cars with a watercooled supercharger:

4-24-12013.jpg

4-24-12014.jpg

4-24-12015.jpg

4-24-12016.jpg

4-24-12017.jpg

Stock exhaust manifolds and re-usable metal gaskets, will fit all 07-12 GT500:

4-24-12018.jpg

4-24-12019.jpg

4-24-12020.jpg

4-24-12021.jpg

4-24-12022.jpg

More take off parts in a bit...

Alex

More take off parts...

Stock rubber rear brake lines, will fit all 05-12 Mustang:

4-24-12023.jpg

4-24-12024.jpg

Stock GT500 throttle body and inlet...will sell separately. Includes shown electronics:

4-24-12025.jpg

4-24-12026.jpg

4-24-12027.jpg

4-24-12028.jpg

4-24-12029.jpg

4-24-12030.jpg

4-24-12031.jpg

And he Bassani stainless steel X-pipe with high flow cats (not shown). Will fit all 07-10 GT500 and possibly be modified to fit 4.6 in 05-10 GT and 07-08 Shelby GT:

4-24-12032.jpg

4-24-12033.jpg

4-24-12034.jpg

Once again, if interested in any of these parts please email me at Alex@MackenzieMustang.com instead of PM'ing.

More to come on build when the exhaust cut outs arrive. In the meantime we will do the SPEC clutch install and underside detail while we are waiting.

Alex

I really love the quad exhaust.............great choice Rick and fantastic build Alex.

I'm thinking once Ricks Shelby is complete, you should take a nice vacation away......no cars.....no cell phone. I know you won't, but it's a nice thought.

Looks great! Thanks for posting more pics of this build. I was starting to show signs of withdrawal, lol.

I noticed the different colored coolants and saw this on a couple of cars at Shelbyfest. Why the two colors?

+1 on you taking vacation

Bill ( Shelby101 ): Thank you. It was great to see you, Kathy, and Katie at the Bash as always. This car is really going to be a Beast!!! I can't wait to see the look on Rick's face when he drives it!!! It is $350 each wheel to have the Alcoas widened. The guy I have used for 15 years is the best out there, he actually welds a whole new section to the back of the wheel, rather than section it as Weldcraft does. I have had several cars in my shop with Weldcraft widened wheels over the years and was really shocked at the bad quality of them. Many can not get them to balance out and some have even come apart. My guy gives a lifetime warranty on his wheels and guarantees them to over 200 MPH. His quality is second to none.

Dan ( MY500SS ): It was actually Rick's idea. He brought me the side exhaust from one of his friend's Boss who took it off as he installed headers and didn;t think it would work. It took a great deal of time, trimming, and welding, but it turned out fantastic. Now we are doing QTP electric cut-outs with remote so that Rick can have the car quiet when he wants it, them with the push of a button, have the exhaust come out the side!! QTP is moving their warehouse, so they are not going to ship until next week or so, so we are just waiting until then. If we have time this week, we will try to get the SPEC clutch in while we are waiting. Super Snake Alcoas will be back to me by Friday I am told too. Vacation? What's that?? LOL. Can't go anywhere anyway as I want to be here for my Boss when it arrives!!

Other Dan ( Blown Away ): Thanks!! if you and Laura would come here Friday night before the Victorville show, you could hear it!!

Ford Fest: We don't want any withdrawls!! There will be more updates soon!! Stay tuned. Ford used several different coolants in the 07-12 GT500's. Green, Gold, and now Red. I prefer the traditional green, you just need to change it more often and it does have better cooling characteristics, it just is worse for the environment, so many automakers have moved away from the green ethylene glycol. Before Rick gets his car back, I am going to flush the Gold out and refill with Green, distilled water, and Redline Water Wetter which I use in all my cars and trucks with fantastic results in hot climates such as Southern CA.

Alex

Bill ( Shelby101 ): Thank you. It was great to see you, Kathy, and Katie at the Bash as always. This car is really going to be a Beast!!! I can't wait to see the look on Rick's face when he drives it!!! It is $350 each wheel to have the Alcoas widened. The guy I have used for 15 years is the best out there, he actually welds a whole new section to the back of the wheel, rather than section it as Weldcraft does. I have had several cars in my shop with Weldcraft widened wheels over the years and was really shocked at the bad quality of them. Many can not get them to balance out and some have even come apart. My guy gives a lifetime warranty on his wheels and guarantees them to over 200 MPH. His quality is second to none.

Dan ( MY500SS ): It was actually Rick's idea. He brought me the side exhaust from one of his friend's Boss who took it off as he installed headers and didn;t think it would work. It took a great deal of time, trimming, and welding, but it turned out fantastic. Now we are doing QTP electric cut-outs with remote so that Rick can have the car quiet when he wants it, them with the push of a button, have the exhaust come out the side!! QTP is moving their warehouse, so they are not going to ship until next week or so, so we are just waiting until then. If we have time this week, we will try to get the SPEC clutch in while we are waiting. Super Snake Alcoas will be back to me by Friday I am told too. Vacation? What's that?? LOL. Can't go anywhere anyway as I want to be here for my Boss when it arrives!!

Other Dan ( Blown Away ): Thanks!! if you and Laura would come here Friday night before the Victorville show, you could hear it!!

Ford Fest: We don't want any withdrawls!! There will be more updates soon!! Stay tuned. Ford used several different coolants in the 07-12 GT500's. Green, Gold, and now Red. I prefer the traditional green, you just need to change it more often and it does have better cooling characteristics, it just is worse for the environment, so many automakers have moved away from the green ethylene glycol. Before Rick gets his car back, I am going to flush the Gold out and refill with Green, distilled water, and Redline Water Wetter which I use in all my cars and trucks with fantastic results in hot climates such as Southern CA.

Alex

I figured it was worth a try................Can't wait to see your BOSS when she comes in. happy%20feet.gif

LOL...you guys are too funny!!!

Here are some new pictures of the SPEC Twin SS clutch install, Shelby billet shifter, and the Super Snake Aloca wheels that arrived back from widening today.

Notice Rick, I took your hideous front license plate bracket off!!! car looks much better with out it, and no blocking the heat exchanger of air!!

5-10-12004.jpg

5-10-12002.jpg

5-10-12003.jpg

And now the X-pipe off....

5-10-12005.jpg

and the transmission out....stock clutch was pretty smoked. There was a ton of clutch dust in the bellhousing...

5-10-12006.jpg

5-10-12007.jpg

5-10-12008.jpg

5-10-12009.jpg\

now for the Spec twin disc clutch....stock is 8.5" diameter, Spec is 10" diameter. Spec actually manufactures there own billet pressure plate, unlike the other aftermarket units which just use a stock Valeo pressure plate...this is the 78th Spec clutch install now on a GT500 that we have done now...

5-10-12010.jpg

5-10-12011.jpg

5-10-12012.jpg

5-10-12013.jpg

New SPEC aluminum flywheel...

5-10-12014.jpg

5-10-12015.jpg

New Ford CSC on...ALWAYS replace the CSC with a new Ford one with any 05+ Mustang clutch install!!!

5-10-12016.jpg

New clutch bolted onto flywheel....

5-10-12017.jpg

5-10-12018.jpg

More in a bit...

Alex

Shelby billet shifter installed...

5-10-12019.jpg

Transmission back in and filled with Royal Purple Synchromax...The Dynatech headers are the only long tubes where you can get the transmission in and out with out removing or loosening the headers!!

5-10-12021.jpg

5-10-12022.jpg

5-10-12023.jpg

Wheels back from widening and new 335/30 Pirelli tires installed. Notice the amazing welds my wheel guy does??

5-10-12024.jpg

5-10-12025.jpg

5-10-12026.jpg

5-10-12027.jpg

Take off 275/35 Pirelli tires for sale if any of you want to buy them....tons of tread left....

GreenRanger005.jpg

GreenRanger006.jpg

Alex

Here are some new pictures of the SPEC Twin SS clutch install, Shelby billet shifter, and the Super Snake Aloca wheels that arrived back from widening today.

Notice Rick, I took your hideous front license plate bracket off!!! car looks much better with out it, and no blocking the heat exchanger of air!!

Looking good Alex! Today would have been an appropriate day to take it for a tribute cruise. Instead #18 will get some excersize, which is probably more appropriate. Amy told me when I took it in for the 40th conversion that Carroll had wanted that car.

Thank you for the comments my freinds.

With Carroll's passing, I will always have a special place in my heart for Rick's Super Snake. Clutch and widened wheels were installed the day of his passing. Part of Carroll is in this car. Interesting story of how he wanted your 40th, Rick!! I will post more pictures of the underside detail and wheel install when I get some more time.

Here are some more take-off parts, then I have to get ready for a car show in Victorville...

Bassani X-pipe with high flow cats, will fit any 07-10 GT500 and can be modified for any 05-10 4.6

5-11-12005.jpg

Stock 6 speed shifter

5-10-12048.jpg

I will start a post for these take off parts in the classifieds when I have some more time.

Alex

Rick, The license plate bracket removal could not be helped. It is something that just happens when a car gets near Alex which has one. He made Katie take hers off at the Dearborn meet last summer. He cant help himself. :hysterical2:

Rick I do not understand after seeing you at several events how you have a set of tire which actually have tread on them? You are slipping my friend . : B) You need more of this :peelout:

Alex, how did you get the 335's to fit in the wheel well? What had to be relocated and what had to be removed?

I will contact you when I am ready to widen. Does the supplier not grind down and smooth the seam?

Bill

Hey Bill,

Rick, The license plate bracket removal could not be helped. It is something that just happens when a car gets near Alex which has one. He made Katie take hers off at the Dearborn meet last summer. He cant help himself. :hysterical2:

I think he steals them and mounts them on his wall.

Rick I do not understand after seeing you at several events how you have a set of tire which actually have tread on them? You are slipping my friend . : B) You need more of this :peelout:

The reason that there is so much tread is because I switch wheels when on the track. If you ask some of the members about events & such where we are on the road. I drive very conservatively and am usually in the back of the group. My cars usually attract to much attention, and it's better to be safe than sorry.

Looking good Alex! Are those my wheels on the car now?

LOL... I think the front plate brackets on some cars ruin the lines of them, and in some cases block the heat exchanger...Katie's Mystic 96 Cobra was so low mileage and gorgeous, then you'd see the growth on the front bumper... Ricks was blocking the heat exchanger....I don't keep them, they go in the trunk....LOL

Nice talking with you today Bill and Rick....

Yes, those are your wheels on your car now...

Here's some more underside shots. More pictures to come of the electric cut-outs when they come, painting of the rear lower bumper, new bra (after exterior is detailed) and some other odds and ends.

5-14-12029.jpg

5-14-12031.jpg

5-14-12032.jpg

5-14-12033.jpg

5-14-12035.jpg

5-14-12036.jpg

5-14-12038.jpg

5-14-12040.jpg

5-14-12041.jpg

Alex

LOL... I think the front plate brackets on some cars ruin the lines of them, and in some cases block the heat exchanger...Katie's Mystic 96 Cobra was so low mileage and gorgeous, then you'd see the growth on the front bumper... Ricks was blocking the heat exchanger....I don't keep them, they go in the trunk....LOL

Nice talking with you today Bill and Rick....

Yes, those are your wheels on your car now...

Here's some more underside shots. More pictures to come of the electric cut-outs when they come, painting of the rear lower bumper, new bra (after exterior is detailed) and some other odds and ends.

5-14-12029.jpg

5-14-12031.jpg

5-14-12032.jpg

5-14-12033.jpg

5-14-12035.jpg

5-14-12036.jpg

5-14-12038.jpg

5-14-12040.jpg

5-14-12041.jpg

Alex

Alex - A few days ago I noticed your post/reply on the Super Snake forum linking this thread, and I asked some questions in post #4. You may have not seen them over in that forum.

http://www.teamshelb...ires-what-mods/

Can you also post pictures of the rear outside wheel lip view with the 335's/Alcoa's installed?

Thanks, Robert

OK Rick, so the story your selling me is you drive your Super Snake as you drive your tractor, slowly.

And that is why you need 2 foot wide tires on the back. :peelout:

So you can get traction in the fields?? :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

OK Rick, so the story your selling me is you drive your Super Snake as you drive your tractor, slowly.

And that is why you need 2 foot wide tires on the back. :peelout:

So you can get traction in the fields?? :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

To plow under the Camaro's!!

R

Archived