TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby front Splitter for 2010 - 2012 GT500

I just heard that Shelby parts is not selling the 2010-2012 carbon fiber front splitter anymore... is this true?

or are there plans to start selling them again?

Blue Diamond :drop:

2011 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue

I don't know about Shelby not selling them but if I recall correctly, Shelby was using the Raceskinz or Tru-Fiber splitter so they're still available. Just maybe not through Shelby.

Did you check the SPP site to see if they're there?

Phill

It's not listed on the Shelby parts site anymore, I just happen to have it sitting in my "wish list" and went to purchase it today only to find out there are none in stock.

When I called the parts stores the Shelby parts guy said they're not sellling them anymore or least not in the near future.

Thanks suggestion...

I'll try Raceskinz, I've seen the Trufiber one and it's not quite the same as the one that came on the SuperSnake. At least I think.

The shape of the splitter that came on the Super Snake is more aggressive, the Truefiber splitters shape looks much like the factory one. Nice but not as agtressive.

It's not listed on the Shelby parts site anymore, I just happen to have it sitting in my "wish list" and went to purchase it today only to find out there are none in stock.

When I called the parts stores the Shelby parts guy said they're not sellling them anymore or least not in the near future.

Well that's not good. I know someone with a 2012 Super Snake that destroyed his splitter and needs a new one!

Phill

Don't quote me on this, 'cause I'm a nobody, but I was talking to <name drop> Gary Patterson on Saturday at the NYC Auto Show about the CF parts on the Shelby 1000. He said that the parts would be available through SPP in the near future (I think he said 30-90 days). Engine compartment pieces are CF overlay, splitter and diffuser are solid CF. The engine compartment pieces will be a core-return credit type deal. They send you a CF piece, you send back your original and you get a credit. Dunno about the splitter/diffuser, but seeing as they're going to be solid CF I doubt there'd be a core credit available. Just guessing on that.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't quote me on this, 'cause I'm a nobody, but I was talking to <name drop> Gary Patterson on Saturday at the NYC Auto Show about the CF parts on the Shelby 1000. He said that the parts would be available through SPP in the near future (I think he said 30-90 days). Engine compartment pieces are CF overlay, splitter and diffuser are solid CF. The engine compartment pieces will be a core-return credit type deal. They send you a CF piece, you send back your original and you get a credit. Dunno about the splitter/diffuser, but seeing as they're going to be solid CF I doubt there'd be a core credit available. Just guessing on that.

Carbon Fiber.

There are many so-called "carbon fiber" parts:

1) Carbon fiber parts (100% carbon fiber made part) Solid CF

2) Fiberglass covered with real carbon fiber sheet in epoxy coating (cheapo version of above, but real carbon effect...at least on one side, most of the time).

3) Fake carbon Fiber vinyl sheet applied like car wrapping (do it yourself or custom shop activity - dry process - 3M has one).

4) Fake carbon fiber vinyl sheet applied by a process called hydrocoating (Car makers use that process a lot, on interior parts mostly).

Hydrocarbon Finishing is a decorative process that uses a specialized printed film to finish complex shaped plastics, metals and other materials.

This allow them to have the appearance of Carbon Fiber without the high price.

The specialized film is floated on the water surface and transfer of the pattern is effected by the pressure of the water.

The CF Overlay of the engine compartment of the Shelby 1000 looks like hydrocoating.

For 200'000 bucks I would expect something else but fake something...If not real carbon fiber molded parts, at least covered with the real stuff...

A nice paint job on those parts, color of the body or a matt grey look, like a race engine, would be more appropriate, in my opinion...of course!

It is especially true considering those fake carbon fiber parts are alongside real nice, real carbon fiber parts on the car.

You do not even have to take a close look to tell the difference.

That said: Almost 1000hp on a street car WHOAH! happy%20feet.gif

Archived