TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1st annual Ponies on the Plains event - Sept 13-16 @ MPH

sportscars

While it is not exactly in the Mountain region, Jeff and I thought some of the mountain members might be interested in this:

smc-nebraska-logo-1.pnglogo.png

You are invited to join us for the 1st annual Team Shelby Ponies on the Plains event! Open to all Shelby, Boss, Roush, Saleen, Mach & all other Mustangs, both VINTAGE & new as well as Ford GT’s. In other words, bring your awesome FORD vehicle out & play with us!

When: September 14-16, 2012

Where: Motorsport Park Hastings, Hastings NE

Host hotel: Hastings Hotel and Conference Center @ 888-905-1200 Mention “MUSTANG 2012” to get your discounted rate of $95 a night. Hotel has full service restaurant and bar on site as well as indoor pool. Free hot breakfast at the Garden Café.

What is included: Two full days of track time (Friday & Saturday), Lunch both days and Catered dinner Friday night & Saturday night special banquet (w/vip’s), Friday night “grudge” runs at the track, tours on the “BACARDI” bus (no, its even BETTER than it sounds!), Sunday car show with awards, a goodie bag & incredible memories!

Cost: $575 for a single, $675 double (1 driver), $100 for extra spectators. Non-track packages are $375 double & $275 single and includes everything except the on-track time.

Register at: http://events.consta...5miw4zu33ea1034

Could be interesting. Ford GTs welcome? This is only about 450 miles from here...

P.S... George Anderson and Gessford Machine is the premier old-style engine builder. He's noted for wonderful 427FE ("Side Oiler") rebuilds, but also puts together a mean new build Shelby 427 Aluminum block engine. He's also a Shelby Cobra dealer so I would expect a few Cobras to be out to play :)

Tony, after much thought we decided that NO Ford GT's will be allowed. We just dont want to attract "THAT" kind of crowd. :hysterical:

Of course or GT brothers are welcome to attend. I will also get it up on the new GT forum, www.fordgtalley.com as it wont get deleted there! :hysterical2:

BTW - George is a GREAT guy and is really helping us make this a top-notch event!

Couldn't Sara have had your kid a week later? :hysterical2:

LOL..... yeah she was suppose to but then they scheduled a C section so if she just would have left the big man in charge do his work Maisie would have been born on the 21st

Tony, after much thought we decided that NO Ford GT's will be allowed. We just dont want to attract "THAT" kind of crowd. :hysterical:

Of course or GT brothers are welcome to attend. I will also get it up on the new GT forum, www.fordgtalley.com as it wont get deleted there! :hysterical2:

BTW - George is a GREAT guy and is really helping us make this a top-notch event!

Do I have to have helmets and extinguishers and all that crap?

I've already determined that I cant' sit in the seat with a helmet. I either need a gurney bubble or the seat lowering kit . The bubble is quite pricey, and the seat lowering kit is somewhat permanent. Dang..

• 2 months later...

While it is not exactly in the Mountain region, Jeff and I thought some of the mountain members might be interested in this:

smc-nebraska-logo-1.pnglogo.png

You are invited to join us for the 1st annual Team Shelby Ponies on the Plains event! Open to all Shelby, Boss, Roush, Saleen, Mach & all other Mustangs, both VINTAGE & new as well as Ford GT’s. In other words, bring your awesome FORD vehicle out & play with us!

When: September 14-16, 2012

Where: Motorsport Park Hastings, Hastings NE

Host hotel: Hastings Hotel and Conference Center @ 888-905-1200 Mention “MUSTANG 2012” to get your discounted rate of $95 a night. Hotel has full service restaurant and bar on site as well as indoor pool. Free hot breakfast at the Garden Café.

What is included: Two full days of track time (Friday & Saturday), Lunch both days and Catered dinner Friday night & Saturday night special banquet (w/vip’s), Friday night “grudge” runs at the track, tours on the “BACARDI” bus (no, its even BETTER than it sounds!), Sunday car show with awards, a goodie bag & incredible memories!

Cost: $575 for a single, $675 double (1 driver), $100 for extra spectators. Non-track packages are $375 double & $275 single and includes everything except the on-track time.

Register at: http://events.consta...5miw4zu33ea1034

this link should give you an overhead of the Track

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.578476%2C-98.347506&z=15&t=h&hl=en

Archived