TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Have a question for any SGT with a Whipple or SC

I recently came into a 2008 SGT with a Whipple and corresponding fiberglass SS hood on it. The previous owner left the stock air intake on it, even though the SS hood has the ram air option built in. We would like to take advantage of this option, but we are not sure which intake to go with, so does anyone have any idea's as to what would fit or work with this configuration?

Thanks in advance, Peter

Peter, I do not believe you would notice any difference at all if you somehow figured out a way to use the hood as "forced induction." The air is already being forced into the engine via the supercharger, and while the air might be a little cooler from the small cut-outs in the hood, I doubt it would do much for the car. The AC assembly you have is the one we all have with the Whipples. Further, I haven't seen any forced air intake for the SS hood. It is more of a heat extractor for the engine than a cold air intake for the breather.

My understanding was that the SS type hoods channeled air to the area of the Air intake. You could retrofit an 07 type open element air cleaner assembly from Whipple to tak advantage of the hood if inddeed it works that way.

My understanding was that the SS type hoods channeled air to the area of the Air intake. You could retrofit an 07 type open element air cleaner assembly from Whipple to tak advantage of the hood if inddeed it works that way.

I remember reading too much air puts out the wick and this early type SS hood was changed to not allow more air into the engine compartment as too much air is not good.

I would just leave it the way you bought it and clean the air filter twice a year.

I recently came into a 2008 SGT with a Whipple and corresponding fiberglass SS hood on it. The previous owner left the stock air intake on it, even though the SS hood has the ram air option built in. We would like to take advantage of this option, but we are not sure which intake to go with, so does anyone have any idea's as to what would fit or work with this configuration?

Thanks in advance, Peter

The air intake filter most likely was changed when the Whipple was put on it. On the 08 cars that had Whipples installed the air intake looks very similiar to the stock air intake but its not the same. On the 07's it had an open filter but on the 08's it was closed. I wish I had the open air filter.

On the 07's it had an open filter but on the 08's it was closed. I wish I had the open air filter.

Yeah, well, I always wished *I* had billet hood pin plates and a grille that wasn't mounted to an old cut-up one. Cost me a few hundred bucks to "upgrade to 2008 specs"... No sympathy for ya! LOL

:hysterical:

Jer

I swapped mine out too. The plates that come with the '07 look like they are from J.C. Whitney! Sorry. I bought the whole billet set just to get the plates for the hood. They work, you just have to bend the actual pins forward a little bit.

What he said!

Jer

Archived