TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1042 Princeton Sold Today For $6.5 Million

• 6 months later...

Sale must have fell through because the Los Angeles Times newspaper is reporting today that the property is for sale at $4.7 million.

Sure wish I had the money to buy these buildings for a LA Shelby Museum. Being close to LAX and the LA tourist area could be a draw but the hard part would be permitting since the buildings are surround by apartments / condos.

My SGT at Princeton.jpg

My SGT at Princeton.jpg

Being close to LAX and the LA tourist area could be a draw

"Close" is a relative term. It's not exactly "close" to LAX. It's close to Santa Monica...It's close to Venice Beach...It's close to Marina Del Rey.

Venice is on the northwest side of LA (Santa Monica/Pacific Palisades being about the north end). LAX is more centered in LA via a TON of traffic.

BUT...Having said that, a LOT of people visit Venice (the beach area) and Santa Monica so there is potential to draw upon that crowd. However, like it was pointed out, it lies amongst a bunch of condo's so not exactly 'business district' and with Culver City just off to the east, a wrong turn would get you into some SERIOUS trouble (LOTS of gang problems in Culver City).

At $6.5M that building will be razed and built up with Condo's. That's a ton of coin for it to sit open or as a museum dedicated to Carroll Shelby.

And the logistics would be HELL to contend with (i.e. "Location location LOCATION!").

Phill

Archived